Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs **5th try / Starliner on Sept.6 & 7, 2013

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by straykatkustoms, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Inked Monkey

Inked Monkey

Nice pics Neal. So is that 60 wagon yours too? I love the canopy truck.

2. NEALS49

NEALS49

[​IMG]</a>[/IMG]

Nope! my ex parents ride, been sitting for almost a decade. Ray recently passed away. They commission there grandson and myself to bring it back. So it is being brought back to the streets. This was its out of town highway test run. Was a blast to drive.:cool:

Neal,

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  3. Inked Monkey

Inked Monkey

Nice I love it!

4. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks guys for all of the kind words, Our show is not much of a show then it is a Kustom,
    Hot Rod family reunion. We concentrate on having fun and if its not fun we try not to
    do it........ I thought the show was the koolest and hottest show that we've had at the
    Museum. We had over 200 entries and it was the highest quality of cars we've ever had.
    Because of the 100 degree weather we had to shut the show down at 3:00I hope that
    didn't cause any problems..... Thanks to the Lonely Knights from Colorado Springs for
    cooking for us. They are one of the koolest clubs I've ever been around. Great bunch of
    guys.... Also like to thank all of the guys that opened up their shops for the krawls. Lot
    of kool stuff to see around Wichita..... I'd like to thank Jack Marinelli for all of his help with
    the Krawl.... Also to the guys at the Go Away Garage for opening up their doors. What a
    kool art display. If you get the chance be sure to check out the Chrome Smoke and Flames
    Art & Auto gallery. It will run thru Oct 18th...... We are already working on next years
    show, if you have any suggestions please just let us know.

5. halfasskustoms

halfasskustoms
    from Durham NC

Killer 60 wagon. ^^^^^ Great pics over all.

6. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Has to be one of the koolest Coupes ever built. The rake Purrfect...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The back tires were Candy Classics.... Too kool!

[​IMG]

Check out the exhaust work. Both side match. This side is built around the horn, the other
    around the steering gear box. It is all about the details...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
  7. 39-2dr

39-2dr
    from MISSOURI

I have to agree - what a great straight forward hotrod - well thought out build - the rear nerf bars were inspiring

8. 39-2dr

39-2dr
    from MISSOURI

I haven't seen that 60 in a while - always a favorite of mine - I always liked Ray's Pontiac as well. I hate to hear that Ray passed.

9. lo-buk

lo-buk
    from kcmo

Sorry to hear about Ray, saw the wagon and was looking to see Bonnie there. Ray and Bonnie were good friends of ours but have not seen them for years. good to see the wagon back out...

10. NEALS49

NEALS49

Hopefully the Wagon and Bonnie will be at Ottawa in a few weeks. So look for her there.

Neal,