Register now to get rid of these ads!

Yes we are still here !

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Gennie Shifter, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Gennie Shifter

Gennie Shifter
    from Colorado

Hi from Gennie Shifter !!

Yes we are still in business , no we didn't go anywhere , yes we have struggled through the economy and a divorce and other dramas . No we were not seized by the IRS . Yes we are stocking up , cnc machines are running full blast to catch up and restock our inventory , no it wont happen overnight . Yes we do have shifters in stock , no we are not out to get any body . Yes we still have debt to pay and yes we will handle it ,and yes many people owe us money too (exceeding 100,000 ) on the books. Yes some people love us and yes some people hate us . No my daddy did not give me this business , yes ive been into cars my whole life , although first love was monster trucks in the 80's then Hot Rods and definitely Traditional Rods and Kustoms. Yes I was a regular flat rate mechanic for 10 years before I opened Streamline ( worked at Ford , Firestone , Pep Boys And a few independent shops) Yes there are ex-employees who don't like us and others we are still friends with ,yes we know some of them are on the H.A.M.B. ,but we have never interfered ,everyone is entitled to an opinion . I hope this answers a few questions about Gennie Shifter .Yes I am remarried and have 2 kids , yes this is the way we make a living . I and Gennie Shifter will try to answer any questions to the best of our ability , be kind , if you have a personal or business matter please contact us at 303-623-1963 .Gennie has been focused on American Manufacturing since its inception , we have provided some knobs from overseas over the years but we are now eliminating this as we run out ,We are proud to be a quality American Manufacturer .We look forward to being part of the community!
    Thanks , Todd

2. I can give a guy a second chance.

3. krooser

krooser

Yes we like punctuation.... and paragraphs.

I always did like the way a Gennie shifter feels better than the others...

4. Welcome from Durango. I know what it is like to "survive" the downturn and now have to climb out of the debt. I wish you all the best.

5. Hemishovel

Hemishovel

Welcome from wi good luck

6. jesse1980

jesse1980

Right on......right on.

7. Galaxie66

Galaxie66
    from Roanoke IL

What kind of shifters do you make? I am looking for a good floor shifter for the project

8. Gennie Shifter

Gennie Shifter
    from Colorado

Thanks for the positive responses. @Galaxie 66 Our shifters are trans mount , however soon there will be a floor/cable shifter ,as in before the end of the year .Thanks

9. Okay, then. Thanks for clarifying some things. I always thought you had a good product and I'm glad that you are back in the market.

10. coupe33

coupe33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I only had one Gennie and loved it. Good luck.

11. HellsHotRods

HellsHotRods

they make shifters for automatics......:eek:

12. Gennie Shifter

Gennie Shifter
    from Colorado

We are also coming out with manual shifters , some will be available by SEMA !:)

13. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

Welcome to the Hamb.

Welcome back to the world:)

14. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

Welcome to the HAMB. Are we going to see some of the older Genie products come back on the market ? How about an email address for us outside of the US.

15. Flattop Rook

Flattop Rook
    from Australia

Ditto
    I need a good shifter too
    From the outside! :)

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

16. Gennie Shifter

Gennie Shifter
    from Colorado

17. Hot Rod Jerry

Hot Rod Jerry

Good luck, guys and keep on hammering away.

18. Good news! I've had mine on the road since '87.

19. streetrodder13

streetrodder13

Have a Gennie shifter in my coupe. Definatly recommend!!

20. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

Email sent to you Todd. I may be able to help you.

Do you still make and sell the valve covers ?

Last edited: Sep 11, 2013
  21. Gennie Shifter

Gennie Shifter
    from Colorado

No we dont produce the old Gennie Valve covers , they have been out of production for 15+ years .

22. Wow! Your opening statement read like My life in print, and a few others I know with the names changed to Protect the innocent. Like others I have installed many of your products over the years. It makes me Smile to see "Made in the U.S.A." Like Good Hot Rod Products should be. Glad your on the Rebound. Wishing you the best for the future. Oh, and Welcome to the H.A.M.B.
    tHE wIZZARD

23. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

Glad to see you are back up. I used to travel to Denver quite a bit and your store was one of my "must stops". Good luck

24. WhiteZombie

WhiteZombie
    from Denton TX

Cool. Any sneak peeks on the manual shifters?

25. colorado51

colorado51

I don’t own a Gennie Shifter, but I did go to Streamline quite a few times, and I must say, I was never treated very well there, but that is old news now.

That being said, it sounds like they are really trying to get things going in a positive way, and I commend that, and I commend the honest post too.

I hope it works out; it’s always great to see stuff that is made in the USA!

26. Gennie Shifter

Gennie Shifter
    from Colorado

.@Colorado51 Im sorry to here that about the bad treatment . Streamline is no longer in the retail business it is being redeveloped into a new product line that we manufacture at Gennie (2014) ,More USA Parts for Hot Rods and Kustoms!! Any way thanks for the continued support .@White Zombie I will post a sneak peak soon, I had a little trouble posting pics on here the other day , I guess there to large so I need to shrink it down .

27. 3340

Todd, Welcome Back!

28. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

Oh, OK. I have only just responded to your email so I hope I have helped you. ;)

29. prpmmp

prpmmp

Welcome Back!! My first shifter was a Gennie,loved it!!Second marriages are always better(most of the time) Good Luck!! Pete

30. 1955IHC

1955IHC

Welcome from Essex Illinois.

Sent via Western Union Express