Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Well family hot rod??

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by cfnutcase, Sep 10, 2013.

1. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

Well I think I am going to pull the trigger on this car, its all original, runs and drives nice, is a real barn find although I did not find it a collector buddy did. I have to pay a good price but it is a hell of a nice 33. I know its a 4 door and alot of you will say a 4 door is not a real hotrod but for me a model 40 is my dream rod and this car just does it for me and thats what counts. The plan is to pull the running gear, put a olds 303 in it with the olds hydro a quickchange rear with a 4" front dropped axle and about 5" out of the top. I know this will sound strange but kinda a california kid looking 4-door. Keep an eye on this one, its gonna be fun!!!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

turboroadster likes this.
  2. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

More pics..

Attached Files:

3. WhiteZombie

WhiteZombie
    from Denton TX

That car could have the ghosts of Bonnie and Clyde in it.

Nice start to a project.

4. Looks real to me.
    Congrats!

5. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

Its a good old car! It came from a barn in Kansas and was a one owner car, the old car runs and drives great! Still stone stock, it has the rad cap still too, he had taken it off and took it inside so no one stole it, so it is every piece there....Even has the factory jack, I have never seen the factory jack and tool kit for a 33 till today....Jim

6. 33-34 Fordoors are soooo sexy. The only car with an extra set of doors and a roof I would want. Congrats looks like a nice car.

7. Dude.
    Awesome.

8. Kinky6

Kinky6

Yeah, these are great looking four-doors. Before you commit to a 5" chop, take a look on the So-Cal website; don't know if its still up, but they had shots posted of a customer's Ford w/ a 2.5" chop. The proportions were just about perfect on it.

Later, Kinky6 :cool:

9. I cut my Tudor 2-1/2" back when, thought that it had good proportions for a sedan.

Five would seem to be a pretty heavy cut on anything other than a "lakes" coupe, IMHO.

That's a great car to fix up, you just have to love those '33s & '34s.

10. A 4 door version of the California Kid would be very cool. Nice start.

11. Randy P

Randy P
    from Austin, TX

Nice! I've got an original '33 radiator cap for sale if you need one, it even matches the patina of your car!

12. 4 door model 40's are the best looking 4 doors. I have a 34 Tudor and really like it. As stated above go easy on the chop so it does not end up looking squashed. Good luck as you move forward on your project. Keep us post up to dated when you get started.

13. nutcase: I share your passion for the model 40. I'm on mu third one...sedan, roadster and cabriolet. Love them. I took 3 1/2" out of my sedan and it was plenty. I agree with richb about 5" being a little heavy. Get a large picture of it and chop it on the bench before wacking the car. You'll be glad you did!!!!! It looks great and wouldn't mind havin one myself. Consider it a blessing. Tim

14. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

Ok did a little looking around.....5" is too much....I am thinking 3" now...

15. hotrodharry2

hotrodharry2
    from Michigan

We're just glad you hadn't actually cut the 5" out already! Congrats! Like the California Kid look, 4 door style!

16. Race City Rodz

Race City Rodz

Damn that is a very nice looking car as is! I do like the new idea of the 3" chop instead of 5". Good luck with it and keep posting progress pics!

17. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey, dude. When the California Kid "got married", your car is what he would end up with. Great find. I love 4-doors, especially the Model 40. Go for it, and fornicate anybody who doesn't agree ! !

18. Besty34

Besty34

A sedan suits 4" taken out of them ,but I would say that wouldn't I ?

19. goatboy

goatboy
    from kansas

i think this car came from independence ks, where i live, it was in a garage since at least the 60's. i remember seeing it when i was on my paper route in the mid 70's.
    do i have the right car?

20. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

Yea this is the car!!! :eek:

21. goatboy

goatboy
    from kansas

i thought so ! there was another car next to it, i cant remember what it was but another old car maybe 40's, the old garage was boarded up so you could'nt see in but i caught it one day when the door was open. i peeked in and saw that old car, i was maybe 12 yrs old, so around 1976 , always wanted that old car. the story was the old lady that owned the house went to live with her daughter in california and never came back. the house was maintained and painted and mowed all the time but the garage was never opened, wierd. well this last year a new doctor bought the property and is having it all restored better than new, tore down the garage and they had a sale (i missed it, was gone)anyways hope you enjoy the story
    goatboy

22. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

Model 40s are bitch'n, and chopped fordors especially so. Please keep us updated as it comes apart and goes back together.

23. I like that it's a 4-door. Everybody does a 2-door.

24. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

i think it will be sick... any 33-34, reguardless of the body style, is bad ass!

25. You have probably already done so but if not be sure to ride (with your family) in one with a 5 inch chop. I for one like them full height and I am not even tall. It is sure hard to put the 5 inches back in.

Charlie Stephens

Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
  26. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

To me model 40 cars are the most stylish design Ford in any bodystyle. For a little inspiration comparision, check out Jitney Jake's fordoor vs Ron Weeks old blown chopped tudor. Have fun with your neat project.

27. Chuck R

Chuck R

28. teddyt

teddyt
    from U.S.

4 doors or not,......that car is amazing. Super find,......you will be lucky to own it.

29. flatout51

flatout51

Wow!!! That car rules!!!

30. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

I agree that is an awesome 4-door!! If mine comes out half that cool I will be thrilled!!! Jim