Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Mr. Irish- Gasser Drag pix wanted.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ralphthe3rd, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Hi, my name is Ralph, and this is my first post here as a new member, but I've been reading posts here for years.
    Anyway, cutting to the chase. Although I live in Pennsy now for the past 30 years, I was raised in South Plainfield N.J. where the car below came from originally. And my question is, do any of you have any action or still Drag Race shots of the old '40 Chevy Coupe named Mr. Irish....if I can attach them- here are some pix(I want better shots)
    early shot- [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Later carnation- before it was sold...these pix came from this forum
    [​IMG]

FYI- I plan on building a model of this car, and need as many pix as possible

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

3. Bump....maybe someone remembers this Central Jersey Gasser that used to race at E-Town and Atco in the 70's.

4. FYI- I just found and ordered -these Awesome Action pix from back in the day, from the original Track Photog...Steve Bell.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

two threads for one question?

6. NO ! ....two different Request threads, ie- one for Drag Pix of this car in it's Hey Day, the other thread for pix of the car as a Street Rod today....which looks totally different, and the threads were started a week apart ! And btw- I haven't got very many useful replies in EITHER Thread ! :mad:

7. I dunno if any of you care about stuff like this, but here is my Tribute to Mr. Irish... and it Will be raced on my HO Scale Dragstrip, which is 21ft. + 6ft shutdown.
    I received my New Set of decals, from my Awesome Decal Maker,and I eagerly applied them to complete my model, which is 98% finished as seen in the pix below.
    Let me know what you think.....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BTW- Mr. Irish is 98% Complete, and the last 2% will be stuff like, more contingency stickers> after I see ALL the ones it had when I get the 1:1 Drag Race pix from Steve Bell. I also want to add a push bar and maybe relocate the 'chute when I get more info on how the tail end looked.....as my memory aint that great from 35 years ago when I last saw this car in 3D

8. While I can't help you with pics I sure do remember that car! When I was a kid I used to go with my Mom to pickup my Grandmother from work everyday and it would be sittin' out in front of R&C Auto Body on Park Avenue in South Plainfield. It blew my mind as a kid. Never thought I'd see it again. Good luck with your search.

9. Thanks for the reply Gasser 57, I too grew up in South Plainfield. And I watched Mr. Irish being built as a kid, and later watched it being Raced as a teenager. But I left N.J. around 1981, and forgot all about this car until this year, and I just knew I had to model it. And FYI, if I can ever find a 1940 Chevy coupe in 1/25 scale, I'll build a Bigger static model as well. BTW- the body I used for my HO Slotcar, started out as a '40 Ford Coupe !

10. straycat...

straycat...
    from Ne Jersey

HA! I was just thinking about this car and did a google search to see if I could find a picture of it and found this post. I also grew up in So. Plfd. (actually still here, lol) and clearly remember this car sitting outside RC Auto Body as a kid too.