Register now to get rid of these ads!

The 11the Annual ATLANTA $10,000 Drag Race & Car Show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Toby Denham, Aug 10, 2013.

1. HAMB member seadog's mighty fine '32 five window coupe at last years meet.

[​IMG]

2. Julius Hughes

Julius Hughes

I talked to Skip Hultgren with the Mr. Boston Top Fuel car and he is planning on attending this year. Joe Hendricks is bringing the Illinois based Hendricks Old Style Top Fuel car that trounced me at Memphis with a 5.85 (Low ET). Art Dromgoole with The Backyard Guys car from Charlotte will be there as well.

We will be testing Zot VI at Commerce on Friday and Saturday, Sept. 13 and 14. Hopefully we can find the tune on the old 392.

The Tri State Racing Big Block Chevy Top Fuel car from Delaware may be coming if they don't go to California for the CHRR. Also Bob Bradley's SBC car from Florida may be able to come if Bob is not working in Egypt. He is not sure about his schedule.

Lincoln Hassel from Raleigh, N.C. is still healing up from a work accident and probably can't make it until 2014.

We have had interest from several other cars about coming but they mostly are from further away and I have told them to wait for 2014. We need to grow the event more before we can afford to bring them in to Georgia.

Thats it for Top Fuel right now. I'll post on Funny Cars soon.

3. jetboatmama

jetboatmama

THANKS We definitely need help There is so much to do for set up

4. The word has just come in that Frank Brumby will be flying in to this years event from his home in Colorado. Frank was partnered with the Hughes (Julius Jr. and Elaine) during the 1960s on the Atlanta Speed Shop altered and, later, their first dragster. Frank is a legendary Georgia drag racer who will be sharing the stories he's renowned for at the Geezer's Alley tent.

[​IMG]

From L to R: Ron Saunders (Elaine Hughes' brother), Tommy Hughes (Julius' brother), Harold Springs, Elaine Hughes (jetboatmama), unknown presenter, and Frank Brumby. This photo as taken at the Nationals at Indy, 1964.

[​IMG]

Frank Brumby seated on the floor. Jetboatmama and Julius Jr. holding the chute.

5. '51 Merc belonging to HAMB member Ether. Photo shot at last years event.

[​IMG]

6. Falconred

Falconred

I am out of flyers, we had a "block party" Friday night, cruise in Saturday and a small show at a local Nursing Home Sunday. I think the cruise in at Cleveland, TN is this week end or next an I will be going up there.

7. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

the cruise in in cleveland is the 28th it is always the 4th Saturday

8. Falconred

Falconred

woops, I was thinking wrong. NOW I Wonder where I'm susposed to be this Saturday?????

Last edited: Sep 11, 2013
  9. Julius Hughes

Julius Hughes

100 on their way. Do you want more than that? I'll get a bigger box if I need to. Thank you.

10. Philbilly

Philbilly

Man, I wish I could go! Maybe next year, I'll be there.

11. Falconred

Falconred

That should do, I'll put them out at the cruise in. If you want me to put some out at he local parts stores, I'll do that too but I may need some more.

12. Julius Hughes

Julius Hughes

We'll have posters soon and I'll send more flyers with posters to you in a week or so.
    Thanks

13. Falconred

Falconred

Posters would be great for the parts houses and such. I got my new box of flyers today and will try to put them where they will do the most good.

I'll be in Dothan for the Nostalgia show at Cottonwood Dragway, Oct 4-6 and will carry some down with me.

14. <div style="background:#000;width:350px; height:260px;font:0px sans-serif;text-align:left;"><object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" id="cdtw" width="350" height="240" style="outline:none"><param name="movie" value="http://countingdownto.com/c/w.swf" /><param name="flashvars" value="eid=351733" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /><embed name="cdtw" src="http://countingdownto.com/c/w.swf" flashvars="eid=351733" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="350" height="240" allowscriptaccess="always" bgcolor="#000000" style="outline:none"></embed></object><br/> <a href="http://countingdownto.com" style="font:bold 8px Arial;padding-left:19px;color:#444;">COUNTDOWN CLOCK WIDGET</a></div>

15. captmullette

captmullette

was there last year and cant wait..............

16. We're less than one month away! Woo-hoo!!

<div style="background:#000;width:350px; height:260px;font:0px sans-serif;text-align:left;"><object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" id="cdtw" width="350" height="240" style="outline:none"><param name="movie" value="http://countingdownto.com/c/w.swf" /><param name="flashvars" value="eid=351733" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /><embed name="cdtw" src="http://countingdownto.com/c/w.swf" flashvars="eid=351733" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="350" height="240" allowscriptaccess="always" bgcolor="#000000" style="outline:none"></embed></object><br/> <a href="http://countingdownto.com" style="font:bold 8px Arial;padding-left:19px;color:#444;">COUNTDOWN CLOCK WIDGET</a></div>

Last edited: Sep 18, 2013
  17. jetboatmama

jetboatmama

I am trying to find an issue of HOT ROD magazine from the summer of 1963 with an article by Ed Iskenderian regarding the dyno test of Atlanta Speed Shop's ZOT II The engine was a 287 Blown Chevy with a Hilborn 2 Hole The test was run on MARCH 7, 1963 Has anyone seen this issue

18. TOM PELLETTE

TOM PELLETTE

Ill b there with my flathead powered fiat

19. jetboatmama

jetboatmama

Sounds good to me!

20. Julius Hughes

Julius Hughes

Confirmed some more cars over the weekend.

"Crazzzy Jake" Crimmins will be stging up against Richard Hartman in Funny Car. Both of these cars should put on a good show. Jake has run in the fives on many occasions.

Randall Davis will be making exhibition runs in the 'Dixie Twister" of Hubert Platt. We have not found a suitable opponent for Randall but his wheel standing exhibition runs will be awesome!

Top Fuel has 6 cars that are trying to attend. I expect that 3-4 will be there for sure. That includes Joe Hendricks, Art Dromgoole, Skip Hultgren, and the Atlanta Speed Shop car.

I am calling now to confirm the cars for the Gasser Shootout and Nostalgia Super Stock. I'll post on that later today.

21. I'll look through my stash and see if I can find something for you. :cool:

22. jetboatmama

jetboatmama

It has been suggested that the article I am looking for by Isky could be in Popular Hot Rod Does anyone remember seeing it?

23. I haven't been able to make it down to my shop to look for he article yet but I will do so soon. In the mean time how about a blast from the past :cool:

24. captmullette

captmullette

great video thanks

25. <div style="background:#000;width:350px; height:260px;font:0px sans-serif;text-align:left;"><object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" id="cdtw" width="350" height="240" style="outline:none"><param name="movie" value="http://countingdownto.com/c/w.swf" /><param name="flashvars" value="eid=351733" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /><embed name="cdtw" src="http://countingdownto.com/c/w.swf" flashvars="eid=351733" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="350" height="240" allowscriptaccess="always" bgcolor="#000000" style="outline:none"></embed></object><br/> <a href="http://countingdownto.com" style="font:bold 8px Arial;padding-left:19px;color:#444;">COUNTDOWN CLOCK WIDGET</a></div>