Register now to get rid of these ads!

Will 46-48 Chevy parts work on a 41?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dchaz, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Dchaz

Dchaz

Wrecked my 41 the other day, pushed the nose over a couple inches to the left and the fender back into the cowl. It bent up the firewall around the booster, ripped the bolts out of the bracing and really bent up the cowl area between the fender and door. I found a 47 shell cheap, I haven't looked at it yet but was wondering if the cowl and firewall are the same? What about fender wells? Core support? I know the front end itself won't work but not sure about the rest.

Attached Files:

2. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

'41 stuff is unique to '41. You could section in the cowl, across the windshield posts and floor and use '42/'48 doors and front sheet metal. But the cowls differ a lot at the door/fender junction.

In my experience, '41s are still fairly common and I would think a bit of searching will produce the parts or a parts car.

Sorry for your misfortune and good luck with getting it back on the road.

Ray

3. Dchaz

Dchaz

Thank you. That's what I was thinking. A friend has a shell that was hit from behind years ago and stripped. He told me I could have it, but if it will not work it's not worth the 20 bucks in gas to go get it