Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 52 vicky rod & custom survivor.

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by magoozi, Apr 13, 2010.

1. missysdad1

missysdad1

I disagree. I think the "nostalgia quotient" of the car would be maximized by restoring it to as close as possible to the way it was in the magazine. I'm not a big fan of the original upholstery...but I could live with it if it added to the correctness of the restoration.

Just my $.02

:)

2. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

The gas tank neck is inside the trunk, thats how I knew it was the car. also with Ricks enlarged photos, you can see it had the crestliner wheel, an accessory that was hard to find even in those days, and yes it's going to be black and I am putting back the chevy grill , the tube grill was just installed with six screws and luckily they left the grill opening the way it was, I am still trying to find out aboat the bumpers, the front bumper looks like it has been sectioned, and the rear looks like they added a bumper guard. I would be cool if we could find owners family. Are those fiesta caps?

3. Rikster

Rikster

To me it looks like the front bumper is just the stock 1952 Ford unit... its not sectioned. That one is long and thin viewed from the front 3/4
    The hubcaps are Oldsmobile Viesta (1953-1955) Check them out here

And the rear bumper looks to have a 1949 Chevy license plate guard.
    Take a look for those here

(I have nothing to do with these ebay auctions... just showing the parts.)

4. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Thanks rikster for all the help, the information you have given me is very much apreciated. Most the cars I have owned have been pre-49 fords, so I thank you again for all your help.

5. Mr.Bomba

Mr.Bomba

The crest shaped designs on the seats look like the decals on the rear window..... car club logo maybe? :D nice find by the way!

6. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

The upholstery I think was redone in 61, it is still black and white, but has narrow pleats, it is real tuck and roll with each roll being an individual pocket, It's a hard question, weather to restore the upholstery to what was in it in 57 , or copy whats in it now, I like the later design alot better, well I have to sell the car, so it won't be my decision, I need money to move all my cars and register them , I have the code enforsement guys on my back again.

7. Ralph Moore

Ralph Moore

Hey Twochops,

Could you tell me the month/year of the rod and custom mag with the 53 Vicky with the 55 Ford grille? I love the mod, and know where a good project car is.
    Thanks,

Ralph

8. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Well I am really happy guys, the vicky went to a good home , and the guy is a fellow hamber, The car is going to get the atention it deserves, and it couldent have gone to a better guy or home. He collects traditional customs with history, and is a really neat guy. I am happy , because now I have some money to work on my other projects, and I have the full cofidence, that this car will be treated well. To me , this has been the funest thread I have posted, and I want to thank everyone for helping me find the history of the car and all the valueable info. you guys have posted, I did my little part by locateting some of the missing parts. I can't wait to see this car finished.

9. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Just wondering what the curr'ent status is on the car?

10. merc-o-madness

merc-o-madness