Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features '50 Olds 2 DR comes home; NH to NY

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ChekrdPast, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

That's a solid find! '50 Olds 88 Tudor, with a STICK, yet! Rare Bird...

I bought a '50 Olds Coupe in '63, black, with fresh '57 Olds J-2 engine, '37 LaSalle box...Floorshift, original length cane stick.
    The guy that put it together left out some spacers in the main drive, so when he backed it up it broke the reverse idler...he was exhausted after assembling the car, everything was clean enough to eat off!
    My grandma loaned me $950, I bought the car without haggling. (most I ever paid for an 'older' car to that date)

I towed it home, pulled the tranny, fixed the ills...(Sut's Auto Wreckers was the main source for Cad/Olds/Buick stick parts then, as the straight 8 Buicks and Olds Coupes were ruling the Fremont Drag scene then)

Olds got better off the line when I switched the pumpkin for a Pontiac...(3.25 Olds to 4.11)
    Loved that car...Buick steel wheels all around, stock '51 Buick caps.

2. ChekrdPast

ChekrdPast

vtw head - Thanks for the info. Budget is going to be a little tight for now but the LaSalle swap is definetely something I am thinking about doing down the line.

I picked up the car at the muffler shop today. Straight pipes all the way back. Just when I thought my smile couldn't get any bigger ! Not the best picture but my phone was dying and couldn't use the flash. I'll post some more when I can.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

3. Blackmaria60

Blackmaria60

God I love the FAT ASS on early '50s GM cars!

4. jkeesey

jkeesey

5. ChekrdPast

ChekrdPast

Couldn't get it to work either...

6. 62dartman

62dartman

Sweet ride, man!! Congrats on the exhaust too!! I gotta get going on mine!!!!

7. ChekrdPast

ChekrdPast

Saw you have a '51 Olds 88. There's a place called Fusick in CT. They have a lot of repop new and NOS parts for all models of Oldsmobiles. I see myself spending alot of $ with them. Good luck with yours!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using H.A.M.B. mobile app

8. 49toad

49toad

You will love your Olds. I've had mine since 1969.

9. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

Very COOL story and an outstanding looking 50! Very envious!

10. ChekrdPast

ChekrdPast

11. jkeesey

jkeesey

I wish my car had the standard trans. This Hydramatic is leaking like a sieve.

12. old soul

old soul
    from oswego NY

Im in upstate ny and I have a 4 door 49 olds parts car. let me know if you need anything. Im tryen to get the parts where they need to go befor it gets crushed some day.

13. Great car! Good luck with it. Resist the urge to do too much to it. It looks perfect as is from my stand-point!

14. ChekrdPast

ChekrdPast

Doing the front end rebuild in the next week or so. I'll let you know if I need anything once I check the A arms and other parts

I may lower it a little but. In contact with Eaton Spring for that as well as looking fur places to have the lever arm socks rebuilt. I would like to keep the patina paint job. It looks good where the blue is giving way to the original green. I just have to figure out how to address the areas where there is some surface rust.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!