Register now to get rid of these ads!

CHROME bumper scam at LARS

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by steel rebel, Jul 13, 2012.

1. 61 Sunliner

61 Sunliner

That's "Chrome"s booth and truck full of bumpers.
    Mike

2. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

Contact the State of California Attorney General. Give them as much information as possible. See where the next swap meet is in your area, go to it, and if you see the guy there, call the police immediately. Don't get your ass in trouble threatening him. Let the law handle it.

3. In reference the above vehicle/license plate, this message will self distruct in 5 seconds...I will disembow any knowledge this conversation took place. My "Google-fu" is strong with this one...

48398H1 2005 Dodge Pickup
    VIN : 3D3LS38C75G795548
    TREMINIO JUAN JOSE
    17360 COLIMA RD APT 167
    ROWLAND HGHTS, CA 91748

Cell: (626) 941-4133
    Other: (626) 336-7629
    Born 1967

4 Bankruptcies, latest in 2005
    6 Judgements, latest in 2009

His SSN used for utilities at: Ensenada Bumper Chrome

Has utilities in his name at:
    (Commercial property w/ 31 other units)
    1004 W. West Covina Pkwy #130
    West Covina, CA 91790

Juan & Berta Terminio
    201 Hillcrest Dr.
    La Puente, CA 91744
    (626) 369-5540 (Robert Perez)

Spouse: Berta Terminio (Dec 1965) Phone: (626) 369-5540
    Son: Juan D. Terminio (Nov 1991) Phone: (626) 336-7629 / Cell: (626) 347-3058
    Father: Juan Cruz Terminio (May 1947) Phone: (626) 941-3433
    Mother: Maria Daisy Terminio (Dec 1949)
    Brother: David Jesse Terminio (Dec 1973) Phone: (408) 686-1104

Last edited: Aug 9, 2013
  4. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

I was going to say it seems that the chances of seeing any bumpers or a refund is probably a million to Juan.

But with all that info ^^^^^^^ the odds are looking better..

5. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

I didn't know columbo was on here. just one more thing. . .

6. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

WOW, If you cant track this guy down with this information, you never will. Good Job Scroat Bag Garage.

7. Viva la hamb!!

8. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Note to self: DO NOT piss scroatbag off!

9. 61 Sunliner

61 Sunliner

https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/FTC_Wizard.aspx?Lang=en

This was going to be my next step. Since I was able to obtain a bumper in person I no longer have a dog in this fight. Maybe if enough people file a complaint the Feds might do something. Though with the list of bankruptcies and judgements above they probably have this all figured out.
    Mike

10. big M

big M

Good to see this crook getting the "Attention" he deserves. The Hamb is a powerful force to be reckoned with.

---John

11. Rockit City

Rockit City

I finally received my 54 Ford bumpers!! If, from the beginning, he had just told me it would take a while I would have been okay with that. But, not with all the "fibs" about UPS losing them and fake tracking numbers. Just be honest up front---Good luck guys.

12. Dwaino

Dwaino

Oh boy, here I go. This guy is a slick talker. He didn't have the '65 Mustang rear bumper and bumper guards at the Hot August Nights Swap Meet, so being the guy I am, I gave him a check (which he cashed the first business day following). I have called the number on the invoice only to get a message machine each time.

Looks like you have left plenty of information, should I not get any response back from these guys in a reasonable time.

There were multiple guys set up and selling bumpers. This guy just struck me as the most knowledgable about what he was peddling. Virtually no difference in price amongst the sellers.

Wish I had this knowledge before shopping the swap meet.

13. nailheadroadster

nailheadroadster

It looks like Juan has changed his business name again! Please search for my thread on United Plating. I feel sorry for anyone having to deal with these guys!!! They are nice up front but once they have your money and/or parts you might as well kiss it all goodbye.

I really hope everyone the best that may be dealing with them. For me it was a nightmare!!!

14. Crazy Legs

Crazy Legs

Oh wow, I think this guy and his dad were at the Greenfield, Iowa swap meet this past weekend........ I talked to him for a while about a 54 Ford front bumper. I was just about to put a $350 check in the mail today for a 54 Ford front bumper to "John" from Chrome, his business card address says 20687 Amar Rd. Suite 2-274 Walnut, California 91789 but the invoice he printed for me says 17360 Colima Rd. #167 Rowland Heights, CA 91748 - I questioned him on it and he said the business is the one address and the other is where they do the work.

I'm was having him fill the bumper holes and license plate slots and he's really good about responding to my emails and even gave me his cell phone number........ he seems very knowledgeable about what i'm wanting and the cost etc. but now i'm totally freaked out about doing the deal.

15. Time to add my 2 cents, I guess.

I bought front and rear 1954 Ford bumpers from John/Juan on ebay back in February. I got them fairly quickly, but the rear had an "extra" hole in it - something somebody else drilled and John, not knowing any better, left in the bumper before chroming it. I called him about the mistake and he sent me another rear bumper, again, fairly quickly. Neither bumper is what I assume you might consider "show quality," but I don't have a show car and for what I paid, I am really happy. Both bumpers are pretty nice.

HOWEVER, there's more to the story. I also paid him to chrome all four bumper guards. This wasn't part of the ebay auction, but when I called him about the bumpers initially he gave me the "I'll give you a killer price on guards because we try to make our customers happy" schpiel. He charged me $50/guard, and since I was seeing NOS guards on ebay for about $175/each I went for it. I hadn't received any guards by the time I got the second bumper, and when I asked him about them at that point he said he chromed a set and didn't like the finished product so he was going to do them again. After reading this thread, I'm thinking maybe he meant he had to send them back to Mexico, I don't know. I told him I had original guards already and he could just rechrome my own set for me if it was easier. I knew they were in good shape and then he wouldn't have to search around for new ones or wait for the sub-par quality ones to be redone. He said great, send them down to SoCal.

This is where things went to shit. I wrapped up the bumper with the extra hole in it in one package. I wrapped up my 2 bumper cores and my 4 original guards to send back to him in another package. He gave me UPS shipping info over the phone. The first package was supposed to go to ANOTHER BUYER in Hopewell, VA. I said, "Does this other guy know there's a random hole in the bumper that isn't supposed to be there?" John said yeah and he doesn't care. I put the labels on the packages and UPS came to get them. That was in April.

I didn't receive parts or updates for weeks. I called and John said I switched the labels on the two packages and the guy in VA got my cores and John got the holey bumper. I don't believe him for a second, but even if I did screw that up, we're in September now. I have been texting and calling him regularly for months and I keep getting the runaround. He told me the guy in VA had hernia surgery and couldn't get the cores sent back to SoCal. Again, this was months ago. I keep getting the same story - John doesn't have my cores yet. I'm pretty sure he got them, chromed them, and sold them to someone else already, either at one of these shows you guys keep seeing him at or online. I threatened legal action (I'm a lawyer) but then I read everything on this thread and realized that doesn't scare him at all. So now I'm just waiting, hoping to get my bumper guards back someday and letting John enjoy my $200 in the meantime.

Bottom line: I'm happy with the chrome work that I received, but I wouldn't do business with this guy ever again. Crazy Legs and others, stay away from this douche.

P.S. If anyone knows a guy named Victor Fury in Hopewell, VA, tell him to read this thread and send me a PM.

16. Crazy Legs

Crazy Legs

WOW, Thanks Paddycake.

So i guess the obvious question i've got then where can I get a rechromed bumper thats proven to be legit? or have the one I've got rechromed? out here in Iowa there isn't much for options......

17. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

I'd bet dollars to donuts that if you send a check and your bumpers to the sleazy chromers, they'll plate them and send them to Paddycake and you'll be chasing down these guys.
    It's truly like a game of "pilot" or a pyramid scheme.

I can't believe how many people are handing hundreds of dollars AND their bumper cores to business card carrying out of town strangers at weekend swap meets and really expecting anything back! And if you do get a half ass bumper back, you have no recourse.
    Ahh, the good old days where you'd drop your parts off at the local platers, THEN happily pay for them after you and the plater inspected the finishes pieces on the front counter.

Paddycake; as a lawyer, I'm sure you know how to skip trace someone., but here's a quick Zabasearch result for your guy in VA.;
    http://www.ussearch.com/consumer/pe...hopewell/victor/fury.html?adID=204-0000000010

I wonder if he also sent the bumper with the extra hole back and is still waiting for a replacement?

18. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

He wouldn't happen to be a big-ish guy, blond hair, heavily tattooed, goes by the nickname of "gutter"? I know a guy by that same name from Newark, DE.

19. carmak

carmak

I had all 8 pieces of my 57 Cadillac's bumpers done by Keystone. Super quality and fixed a couple rust holes for a very reasonable price.

They picked up and dropped off at a local body shop using their own truck.

Their contact info is:

Keystone Automotive Industries, Inc.
    Minneapolis, MN
    800-328-1845

I have had a couple friend also use with good results:

AIH Chrome
    2400 Kerper Blvd
    Dubuque IA 52001
    563-582-8235

Good luck!

Carmak
    Riverside, Iowa

20. belair

belair

You guys just saved me 900.00. He's got a 48 Chevy grille on e-bay I almost bit on. Guess the search is on. Would've lost a great 46 grille too.

21. Crazy Legs

Crazy Legs

Awesome Carmak, thanks!!

I wish I would of known about this scam before I met him, I would of taken of pic of the POS and posted it on here lol

22. Amazing that this guy still has 10 fingers and 10 toes.
    With all the info here he should B easy to find and have a "talk" with him

23. Fordiron

Fordiron
    from Ca.

This asshole got me too $365 for a 64 Gto rear bumper. Never shipped won't reply to my calls or emails. Only number I have is 626-941-4133. He may be going to the Fresno swap 9/29. Other guys are looking for him also. His days are numbered. So if you're going to Fresno and want to se him get the shit beat out of him send me your number to [email protected]

24. Crazy Legs

Crazy Legs

Something ironic happened to me yesterday, I was sitting at work and my phone shows up the number 626-941-4133 and to my surprised it was "John" wanting to know where my $350 check was at. I told him that I've changed my mind and wasn't going to do it right now. He said, "Well thats not good because I've already modified this bumper for you and its sitting here ready to ship out to you." If I was thinking I would of asked him to send a picture of it so I can see proof.

25. hendo0601

hendo0601
    from Tacoma, WA

Yeah he modified the bumper by selling it to someone else and he wants to now modify your bank account with a $350 totally custom chop job...this guy is a douche. Years ago I ran into him at a swap meet and asked how much to rechrome a rear bumper for a 1957 DeSoto...his reply "send it in to me and I will get back to you with a price." Needless to say I just walked away...

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

26. JOB

JOB
    from California

Regarding Fordiron: This guy just took my 16 year old daughter for $700 cash along with a grill and two bumpers ('53 Chevy Pickup) and some misc. small stuff. Won't return any calls-absolute silence. Promise after promise all BS. Up here in Northern CA and can't go to Fresno. Am in process of suing him though. If you see him, give hime a $1K worth for me and my daughter-please. My daughter worked so hard for that money for so long all to let this parasite steal it from her. Whenever anyone sees this scumbag anywhere-its time to 'rock 'n roll' on his pathetic a**. ABSOLUTELY! Don't think-just do what needs to be done! Take that little laptop of his and bust him upside his head and then...

27. Fordiron

Fordiron
    from Ca.

He is still at it. I turned him in to the Better Business Breu and Federal Trade Commission. He told them he was sending me a check, they are still investagating. More people need to file and get that piece of shit jailed. I hope he goes to Turlock.

28. Dwaino

Dwaino

After months of phone calls and broken promises of ship dates, I too have filed a complaint against these guys. Early August I purchased a bumper, bumper guards and bumper bolt kits. I did receive my bumper, with those extra holes in it, but nothing else. Initially calling the number on the invoice, then John calling from a different number, I started with weekly calls. Increased frequency of calls and only spoke with John a few times (when I would be promised a new future shipping date). Then last month, the messages I started leaving requested either an update on my order or a refund.

It has been many weeks since I was able to actually talk to someone, only been able to leave messages with my name, invoice number, phone number and request to call me back.

Even sent him a registered letter, stating the same information I asked for each phone message I left. Did tell them I would initiate a formal complaint if I didn't hear back from them by 29 November 2013. That date has come and gone, without response.

I filed a complaint with the State of California Attorney Generals Office as well as the Better Business Bureau.

I too, shall eagerly await the response to those two entities.

Lesson learned at a cost.

29. I, too, have been sending texts weekly. At this point I'm just doing it to be obnoxious. I don't expect a reply or to ever see my bumper guards again.

30. Fordiron

Fordiron
    from Ca.

Well the BBB was a waste of time, filed with Fair Trade Commission also. Today I filed with Ca. Attorney General. I call assholes cell#626-941-4133 several times a day , just want to wish him a merry fuckin christmas. Wish he had a CELL number in the joint.

Ryan C. likes this.