Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Does anyone actually use their hot rod truck?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by indestructableforce, May 4, 2012.

1. hauled a bunch of cement stepping stones for the garden today.

2. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

If I didn't plan on using it like a truck, I would drive a car.

[​IMG]

3. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

4. BOHICA

BOHICA

^ That is too cool.

5. cheap-n-dirty

cheap-n-dirty

Went to the car show in Payette, Idaho Saturday after waiting all summer to get the trans fixed and tried to give myself a little ego boost by towig the race car with it.

[​IMG]

6. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

My '69 Burb is a little too new for the HAMB, so I wont post pics, but I use the heck out of it! It's my daily driver, plus car/trailer hauler, and still goes to shows occasionally when cleaned up. Not lowered down in the dirt, so it's still useable as a hauler for home projects too.

7. fordsum

fordsum
    from SO CA

Thats a good looking truck its a Head turner.

8. Low57F100

Low57F100

i use mine pretty regularly still...

Attached Files:

9. bobbytnm

bobbytnm

Here's a shot of me and my buddy helping a friends son move his stuff to college;
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Green AD

Green AD
    from Iowa

We intend to once we're all done. My wife and I own a bunch of rental houses, and I'm always hauling materials around for one project or another. I'm tired of cleaning out the back of the Tahoe every other day. We'll paint the name of our property/management company on the side in an older style script/font and make a picket fence looking thing for the bed.

Sorry I don't have any pics, but we are in the very beginning phases of rodding our '49 Chevy 3100 5-window. I think you know what one looks like by now..........

11. 327Eric

327Eric

This one is gone now. I just picked up a 65 C10, and am beefing up the springs in my ElCamino to carry a load. Why have a truck if you won't work it.[​IMG]

Barn Find likes this.
  12. When I'm not hauling I'm showing. I wish I had her back.

Attached Files:

13. 62chevy

62chevy
    from manitoba

That is going to be cool! Please post progress pics

14. Bump Stop

Bump Stop
    BANNED
    from USA

This guy uses his as a work truck. I see him hauling stuff every day.

Attached Files:

15. dan sutton

dan sutton

Yep use it all the time hauling material, towing campers, etc.

Attached Files:

16. When I bought my truck it came with a mattress in the back, so I think it had been well used.
    Don't ask about the dark stains...I burnt the thing the first day it arrived. Ewww.

17. Fast55097

Fast55097
    from S.A. TX

I've pulled 8000 lbs several times with my 56 Chevy 3800. It sure gets moving nicely with that 7 to 1 low gear. Stopping, well... it's time to swap in that tube axle I have been planning to make out of an 8 lug disc brake 4x4 front axle I got out of that late 70's suburban.

18. endlessearth

endlessearth

Mine wont be a hot rod until the TKO500 and SBC are installed but it will keep making weekly trips to the feed store. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Coyote13

Coyote13
    from Dallas, TX

Couple yards of dirt, no big deal :D

Attached Files:

20. Ayers Garage

Ayers Garage

No round bales out there ? Here they are drastically cheaper than buying squares.

21. Use my 55 F-100 to get all my oversize stuff home,I think I hurt my 302 real bad getting a 291 Desoto hemi eng and trans from Yuba Cty in 108 degree weather.
    Now its time to build another 390.

22. wrayeugene49

wrayeugene49
    from eugene,or

Mine has brought home roofing shingles, firewood, garden soil, compost and mulch as well as the occasional swap meet find. It has also towed a float in the local Celebration and hauled building materials, vendor booths, art displays, display tables and model Make'n take donations.....just what I can remember off the top of my head..!!!!

23. I drive my Avatar every day , It was down for a couple weeks , tho' . I was driving in from my storage area and there was an uneasy feeling , like a rear tire gone flat , then at about 35 mph , on a railroad crosssing the noise amplified , and the rearend LOCKED up, skidded half sideways to a stop, and was able to kinda rock it back and forth to get it off into the gravel ,
    I brought it back home and contemplated if I should put the same rearend back in , 394 gears . In the mean time I pulled the inspection plate , and NO broken teeth , but the holes in the carrier , where the pin holding the spider/side gears were ovalled out and the spiders jammed up .
    anyway, I wanted to keep the same bolt pattern , (i have extra 9"s , 10 12 bolt setups, etc.but, nonr 5x5.5 ) SO , I took a 8.8 out of a 91 f150 , with the electric lockup, and 3.08 gears , Hell , I use this truck whenever I can , I love it, , and it is a granny low 4 speed , All had to do was weld new spring perches inboard of the 91s , and get a conversion U-joint , reuse the 55 brake lines , I'm glad I spent the day on the swap, It's like a new truck , no howlin' rearend , and 2400 (or less) RPM @65 MPH ... I had to use the Wife's soccer Gramma's minivan to run parts for those few days , AND THAT'S JUST NOT RIGHT , Joe

24. 51farmtruck

51farmtruck

That's really cool!

25. endlessearth

endlessearth

Not that I have seen and this is the only feed store within 20 miles too. $15 per bale for squares.

26. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

I have 2 friends that use their '48 Ford F-1's as daily drivers and going to car shows. Going to car shows, they haul BBQ's, EZ-up, chairs cooler, luggage, etc.......During the week, they haul trash to the dumps and anything else that needs hauling. Both trucks have MII front ends, late model engines with power steering and a/c and the bodies are painted with Rustoleum and a roller. Now I want one.

At one of the car shows, 200 miles from home, another friend broke his '34 Chevy, so one the guys, with his '48, rented a U-haul trailer and towed the guy home.

27. 1EvilPaul

1EvilPaul

The yearly X-Mass tree , motorcycle, and parts

28. Yamagrant

Yamagrant

I'm building mine to use as a DD and Haulin stuff. It will also be towing a utility trailer.
    1956-ford-f-100_4503779.jpg

29. 40FordGuy

40FordGuy

Yes,... The '72 F100 and the '40 trucks often have stuff in the back. I do admit, to dropping a sheet of plywood in the '40 bed, though.....

4TTRUK

30. Haulin' stuff out of my wife's uncle's apartment for our garage sale. Unfortunately, he was recently given a short term prognosis and will spend his last days in a nursing home.

Attached Files: