Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 57 Ford drag car east dayton garage find

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by S.F., Sep 8, 2013.

1. S.F.

S.F.

I was driving down a side street in East Dayton that I accidently turned down, my frustration of being lost was quickly forgotten as the view of a dusty nose bleed stanced 57 ford hard top appeared in the distance. Two typical white trash, no teeth, mouth breathing, shirtless east daytonites were leaning over the front fenders looking at the engine. I pulled in and politely asked about the car, they replied "our dad just died, he used to drag race it, it's been in this garage for 30 years...we just pulled it out about 20 minutes ago". I started looking it over, she had a big block FE, black tuck'n roll, red flake superior 500 steering wheel, chrome reverses with redlines. The car was nose high and the front bumper and splash apron was off. It is very rust free...I was excited about this random find to say the least. They exclaimed " we need to sell it, and we are having a garage sale this weekend so that's why we pulled it out". The deal was made, and I went to the bank...the car was in my garage an hour later.

Attached Files:

2. S.F.

S.F.

This will only let me post one pic at a time from my iPad...so here's another pic

Attached Files:

3. S.F.

S.F.

Flake....

Attached Files:

4. LSGUN

LSGUN
    from TX

Fate my brother, that's awesome.

5. S.F.

S.F.

Jacked...

Attached Files:

6. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

damn it was meant to be , that car is cool

7. snelson57

snelson57

Lottery ticket time. Nice.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

8. AHotRod

AHotRod

You had a angel riding with you brother, I'm so happy for you, what a cool car.

9. Go buy a powerball ticket my friend your on a roll. 57's are awesome good find. Keep us up to date.

10. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Is it just me or are there a lot of '57 Fords being found these days. Did you check to see if they had any other items related to their dad's drag racing? Some old trophies or a jacket, maybe some old photos.

Frank

11. S.F.

S.F.

I asked for photos, but the guys second wife met him just before he parked it and all she remembers is him getting drunk and doing burnouts up and down the driveway in it.

12. Gizzy

Gizzy
    from N.W,Ohio

I grew up in Beavercreek,is that the area you found it? I still have friends there.Maybe I can help with cars history,I'll ask around.

13. Sometimes you only find the "coolest" stuff when you take a wrong turn.

14. S.F.

S.F.

Yea close to beavercreek...it has a 1966 gt 390 that once had 2x4's on it (that 2x4 set up was stolen sometime in early 70's they said)

15. Great story and what a score. I love hearing about guys finding cars like that. Keep us posted on what you do with it.

16. THAT....is a great story. Congrats....Love 57's! Have a ball with it.

Murph:cool:

17. crashfarmer

crashfarmer
    from Iowa

WOW! Talk about luck, maybe you should buy a lottery ticket. What are the chances of that happening. The Force must be strong in you. :)

18. Congrats!

As far as the number of '57 Fords showing up, it only makes sense. After all, Ford was the best selling car in the US for 1957!

19. Phillips

Phillips
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Two thumbs up - way up!

20. teejay99

teejay99

Great find , I'm envious

T

21. y3

y3
    from Terrell Tx

I would have to say it was just your turn!

22. slowmotion

slowmotion

Home Run! Grand Slam infact! Congrats!

Me & a buddy were just talking about finds like this recently. You never know what's tucked away in garages, sheds, basements, & barns. Sadly, sometimes it takes the passing of someone for this stuff to surface. There's still a ton of stuff yet to be uncovered. Right place at the right time is what it's all about. Great find!

23. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

congrats dude, a killer score

24. ANDEREGG TRIBUTE

ANDEREGG TRIBUTE
    from Bordertown

Dude that's awesome! Congrats

25. lstwsh

lstwsh
    from Dayton,Oh

If this was the same car on Burkhardt Ave i have been watching that car for at least 30 years.You see i am one of those White Trash,mouth breathing, shirtless, no teeth, East Daytonites.I live one block from there.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
  26. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Excellent find & score! Glad for ya. All that sucker needs is a top loader 4spd and a good ole comp plus. Enjoy

27. S.F.

S.F.

Yeah, there are so many left...alot of the guys taht bought these cars new and mothballed them are still alive

Yep, it was on Burkhardt...all I know is from what the two guys told me about the car, and the fact that it has stale gas/didnt run/has no brakes/front brakes were locked up...all signs of sitting for ALONG time

I was thinkin about a clutch...and putting on 2x4's again. For now its getting a new edelbrock carb, tune up, generator rebuild, fuel tank cleaning and brakes...and driven.

28. Landmule

Landmule
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great find - I love it when a deal like this comes together. I'll be interested to see what you do with it.

29. thunderplex

thunderplex

I lived in East Dayton years ago. I'm sure he raced at Kil-kare Dragway in Xenia.

Where in East Dayton did you find it?

30. S.F.

S.F.

I found it right off of woodman, close/in? Beavercreek. Yeah I'm sure he was at KK alot