Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Member: Painting Acrylic Urethane Enamel, Question..

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by MatthewInairam, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Hello, I am new to the forum,

Had a question for the painters;

I am painting a car in single stage urethane enamel, looks beautiful but there's little specs in the paint that 1 or 2 strainers did not strain. The body was painted first and this problem was noticed while cutting and buffing.

Since I've been straining the paint (from TCP Global) with 3 or 4 strainers and it looks clean.

My question: The paint is only a 2 days old, can i wet sand it with 1000 and recoat it without re priming?

I don't want the finish to start getting too thick and would prefer to just re topcoat it with enamel.

Thanks in advance

2. Model T1

Model T1

I give up! WELCOME

3. Thanks Denny, any ideas if i would have adhesion issues down the road not sealing beforehand? Paint turned out great shame it has tiny black specs in it.

I think this paint has been in the can a while.

Thanks-Matt

Attached Files:

4. NRodz-N-IT!

NRodz-N-IT!

1000 grit might give you adhesion probs down the road. I usually use 600 and no finer than 800. if you cant get the specs out with a cut/buff then you should be fine sanding down and recoating or even a urethane clear over that. 2 Days Should be fine (check the drying times) for urethane enamel, if it were acrylic enamel you would have to wait a lot longer to recoat. Do a test panel if possible

if you sand through tho sealer will be needed