Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1960 Ford Falcon Ranchero: updated 7/14/12

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Barn-core, Jun 30, 2012.

1. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I don't think I'd touch the stance on that car. If your thinking the ass dragger kinda stuff, that was over ten years before this car was on a showroom floor. Besides, the leaf springs don't just control the bounce, they control the pinion wrap on the rear end. These have a tendency to bob around quite a bit stock, not a good idea to increase that. it looks great and era appropriate as it sits.

2. Barn-core

Barn-core

Yup, cut two coils out of the front springs which I believe should be about 3" of drop. From my understanding this is close to the limits of the stock suspension, any more and you can start running into ball joint binding issues.

I wouldn't necissarily say I'm looking for a taildragger stance, but I do prefer my cars to sit a little lower in the rear. As it sits the front seems slightly lower than the rear now and I'm pretty sure it will still settle a little bit as well. I'm not planning on anything yet, I'll probably drive the car a bit and see where everything settles and then go from there.

3. Skam213

Skam213

love the 'ol Rancheroo. heres my '60[​IMG].

4. Barn-core

Barn-core

I know you've all been dying for updates on the Ranchero , so here's what I've been up to. I don't think I've had any real progress on this car in almost a year. With a new girlfriend, other projects, money, moving, just plain life in general and now planning for a wedding, my time and focus have been elsewhere. I finally got tired of seeing it sit there, especially as close to driving as it was, so i decided to get back on it. Then this happened...

I came home to find out that a couple underage kids decided to take their Mom's car out for a joyride in the rain and couldn't quite make that turn by my house. Luckily some of my neighbors were outside when it happened and saw the whole thing. Turns out the kids live right down the street and the cops had the whole thing handled before I even knew anything had happened. Thankfully the car they were driving was insured. I thought for sure that the car was totalled, but after a lot of back and forth with the insurance company they decide to pay me to repair the car. That's right, I'm fixing it!
    So that brings us to now, I just got the generous settlement from the insurance company and I just picked up a door and quarter panel for the car. Let the fun begin!

Attached Files:

5. It still looks cool.

6. 2kvert

2kvert
    from Illinois

I'm in the process of trading my bug for one of these seems all there someone had started to rat rod it. Excited to get it home and dig in