Register now to get rid of these ads!

Take your son out for a ride

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by roseville carl, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Today is the start of national suicide prevention week and this is the one time I will get on a soapbox......

My Son just where do I begin,

When mom was pregnant with you and we had the fears that most people have, will you be all right, will you be healthy. Would you have all your fingers and toes? All the apprehensions and worry’s of a young couple with their first child. You could not have imagined how great we felt when everything was all right, our first look at you, yep it’s him all right and he is beautiful. At the beginning when I held you in my arms, all so small and delicate. I was afraid to pick you up for fear I would hurt you. To see the look in your mother’s eyes when she held you and took care of you. You had all of the love that she and I could give. How proud mom was when taking you out for a stroll and showing you off to the neighbors and anyone who would look. The trips we took to Golden Gate Park with grandma, and walking around Stow Lake. Ah yes, memories that will have to last a lifetime. All of the good times and some of the bad times, but we will forget the bad times because there were none. Just some times that were not better than the others. We shared our life with you and you shared yours with us. The times camping and water skiing over the years were times to remember. The hunting trips we shared, the fishing trips we shared, all the times we spent together working on hot rods and projects over the years. We watched you grow up into a fine man with children of your own, and I know you felt the same feelings that both me and mom felt over you, with your own children. As I sit here at 2am and try to put into perspective these last 2 years and nine months, it’s been tough; it’s kind of hard to type through the tears. We have good days and not so good days. There is always something that reminds me of you, which is the way it should be. For you will always be in my heart.

Your mom and I will make it through this tough time, but if I could only turn back the clock………..Dad
    Mike 1967- 2011

[​IMG]

So please go out, take your son for a ride, enjoy your time together. Know how he is feeling, keep the lines of communication open, for you will never know.....................

Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
  2. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Don't know quite what to say, RC. Only 44 years old. So very sorry. Sounds like you provided plenty of love, and did much more than just "take your son out for a ride." We can't always fix what's broken, especially when it comes to loved ones. We'll all meet up in heaven one day. And everything will be alright.

3. chevy54man

chevy54man
    from NC

I can't really add anything to what what Rickybop said but God bless you and keeping your family in prayer

4. bennydog

bennydog
    from Corona

very touching., very sorry from one father to another

5. I am sorry for your loss. My son made it to 29 before it all became too much for him. It does get better, but it never goes away

6. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

Got news for you.

It's kind of hard to read through tears, too, Carl.

7. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Wow, sincere sympathy goes out to you the rest of the family. one day a time but, will never forget

8. Gman0046

Gman0046

Carl, I feel your pain. I know what your going through. Our best friends son passed February 2013 at age 25. Your in my prayers.

9. sc105b

sc105b

I bought my '46 Chevy P/U just for the idea of taking my son w special needs for a ride...

I better get working on it this week so I can get him out there..

Sorry for your loss....:(

10. I just don't have words (even if I could see through the tears). Every parents worst nightmare, so very sorry.

11. Kustom Komet

Kustom Komet

Wow. My name is also Mike and I was also born in 1967. Very sorry to hear Carl, and I hope that you and your wife are going to be OK.

-KK

12. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

You and your family are in my thoughts my friend,,, Tim Jones

13. Model T1

Model T1

Carl I did not shed a tear. We have been so very lucky. We raised three of our own and our adopted son just turned 24. Yes we took them all for many rides. I hope to take them on more. Actually the 24 year old often takes us for rides now.
    Okay I didn't shed a tear....Until I was nearly finished reading most of the posts up until now. It really is difficult typing with these tears in my eyes. Our prayers are with you and your family. I'm out of words.

14. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67
    from J Town

What a heartbreaking story, so sorry for your loss.

15. pappatyrone

pappatyrone

I had just hung up from visiting with my oldest son who lives in North Carolina when I read your post. Made me stop and think how blessed I am to have two sons to share time with . I hope that somehow the memories of your good times together will ease the pain a little bit. Thanks for reminding me not to take things for granted. Tomorrow is not a guarantee.

16. just got home from the Watkins Glen Vintage races with both my boys my father and father in law. Made some Great memories I lost my best friend two years ago way to soon he is always in my thoughts you eventually move on but never forget take advantage of the time we have been blessed with and live life everyday.

17. Yep guys this post is just to try and make everyone stop and smell the roses and this week is not the only week you need to do it, I used to talk with my son every day of the week as I knew he had some difficulties going on but no one could have known this was going to happen so I want to remind everyone out there to take the time while you have it.......

Peace be with you all............
    And he rides with me in every run of the Flat Fed down the course, by my side.............