Register now to get rid of these ads!

Visiting the West Coast (So-Cal)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BronxMopars1, Sep 7, 2013.

1. BronxMopars1

BronxMopars1
    from Bronx, NYC

Whats up everyone, me and a few Buddies are hitting So-Cal October 10-14 (Columbus weekend)

We fly into San Francisco Wednesday night then were heading south to San Diego where we fly out on Monday the 14th

So what and where should we hit in between? Alcatraz, Bobs Big boy is a def, Million dollar breakfast club, Peterson museum

Looking for good shows, restaurants, car shops whatever, surfing events anything, anyplace and anyone cool!

Thanks in Advance Hooks, BronxMopars1

2. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

postpone your trip to the following weekend and hit Bakersfeild for the Cal Hot Rod Reunion, Saturdays the best day to see everything. Everthing else pales in comparision as everybody is getting ready for this event.

3. BronxMopars1

BronxMopars1
    from Bronx, NYC

I wish that was an option but flights are booked, and were only using 2 vacation days each being its a holiday weekend Union Yes! Thanks tho

4. roughneck424

roughneck424

5. spiderdeville

spiderdeville
    from BOGOTA,NJ

go now , before all the taxpayers move to nevada

6. chromeazone

chromeazone

Or Arizona ! Much better scenery and all Newbies get their choice of a free
    AR 15 or AK and 30 round mag!

.... Ex Bakersfieling

7. spiderdeville

spiderdeville
    from BOGOTA,NJ

very sad ..the golden state was overrun

8. Snot Rocket

Snot Rocket

Bob's Big boy is a ghost of its former self. Try In-N-Out Burgers, easy to find all over So Cal.

The Golden state wasn't overrun, it was given away.

9. BronxMopars1

BronxMopars1
    from Bronx, NYC

Snot Rocket I thought they have a show on Friday night in Burbank? And thanks everyone else please keep em coming.

10. bent metal

bent metal

An hours drive east of the Peterson is Pomona. Where you will find the NHRA Museum, So Cal Speed Shop and Walden Speed Shop, all within' a few blocks of each other. So Cal has tours at ten and two, I think it is. But not on Fridays. Walden's is anytime but they leave for lunch. Maybe call ahead to each and verify what day would be good. Wouldn't want to come all the way out and the museum or one of the others is closed or something.

11. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

Central Coast is very nice. You could check out Morro Bay, lots of SeaFood restaurants and a beautiful view of the ocean. About 20 miles south of Morro Bay is San Luis Obispo. Small town charm and plenty of Bar & Grills serving top rated food.
    Oh forgot to say, if you can, check out Hearst Castle in San Simeon and then check out nearby Cambria. The Central Coast is true California Beauty with golden hills. It's a sight to see.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
  12. HaHa......Sad but True......

13. Yeah, they do.
    In and Out burgers is a left coast chain. Good burgers.
    Bob's burgers are OK, but they are not the Big Boys that I remember. The old ones had a thousand Island spread on them. It's MIA on the new ones

14. OneRustedDodge

OneRustedDodge

Definitely the Petersen, NHRA museum, you can go see Barris' shop in Hollywood or Isky's shop in Gardena. So much non-auto related stuff to do in LA.

15. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

For real excitment you can take me out to lunch at ISKY Burger

16. roughneck424

roughneck424

17. Dane

Dane
    from Soquel, CA

It's a long BORING drive down hwy 5. Nothing but cow poop smell, weeds and semi trucks till the Grape Vine. Take the coast road unless you need to get there fast. I'd just fly SFO to John Wayne. If you do drive take 146 east at Paso Robles (101) to Hwy 5 and stop for pie and ice cream at the James Dean diner. It's traditional... :cool:

18. Standard gas&oil

Standard gas&oil
    from USA #1

Alcatraz is a hard ticket to get, it sells out weeks in advance and being a holiday weekend it will be tight, try to purchase them in advance if you can.

19. Saturday, Oct. 12th The Gasser Roundup at the Muro Family Ranch in Lompoc, Ca. You won't regret it, better every year. Then you take the coast all the way to San Diego. You can check out as many So.Cal beach towns etc. that you want on the way. To bad your not staying through the next weekend..,California Hot Rod Reunion at the Legendary Famosa Raceway in Bakersfield. Use the search bar to find the 2013 Gasser Round Up thread, I believe the address is 250 San Pasqual Rd.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2013
  20. Hit Brizios right near the airport

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

21. Muttley

Muttley

Eat here........you can thank me later.

22. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

also, search here for: 2013 Northern California Car Show Calendar.

23. BobMcD

BobMcD

Adams Ave Donuts. Magnolia and Adams. Huntington Beach. Get there before dawn every Saturday AM. AKA Donut Derelects.

24. toml24

toml24

Donut Derelicts: 250 cars and trucks every Saturday morning from 5:30am-8:30am. Best FREE car show on the West coast.

25. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

Donust derelicts is my favorite cruise out there, Also the Supercruise on Sunday morning is incredible

26. BronxMopars1

BronxMopars1
    from Bronx, NYC

Thanks so far guys........... Keep stuff coming please!

27. toml24

toml24

The Automobile Driving Museum in El Segundo, CA. is a great place to visit.

Attached Files:

28. BronxMopars1

BronxMopars1
    from Bronx, NYC

Has anyone done the drive down the 101 from San Francisco to Burbank? How is it? MapQuest says its under 8 hrs about 430 miles

29. I've driven it dozens of times, it is about 8 hours. If you need to get to LA quick, take I-5, you can haul ass on it, about 80, without too much threat of highway patrol. US 101, lots of radar.

I highly recommend you take US 1 south from San Francisco. From the airport, take 101 south to 92 west and it gets you to Half Moon Bay. Hang a left and the fun starts right there all the way to Morrow Bay where the road will take you to San Luis Obispo and puts you back on 101 to LA.

If you've never been on CA US 1, you'd be missing out on one of the most spectacular roads in America. It's also referred to as Shoreline Highway in the north and Pacific
    Coast Highway in the south.

The September issue of Sunset magazine, (www.sunset.com) has coverage of Hwy 1 and some highlights and history of some of the places along the way. Btw, they call it "the world's most glorious road".

30. Special Ed

Special Ed

As many have already mentioned, Hwy 1 is one of the most scenic drives anywhere in the world. At that time of year you also stand an excellent chance of spotting some gray whales migrating south for the winter.

[​IMG]