Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Doing Falcons Right

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by falconizer_62, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Haha, yeah that would've worked. I know where your Hideout is too...

2. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

I bought flanged bearings at my local hardware store to fit the end of the column on my Austin project. Just used dial calipers to measure the shaft and housing, and found a flange bearing that slid inside and fit. The one I found fit the column housing pefect, but too large internally for the metric column. I made up a bushing from some scrap tubing, and tacked it to the shaft to take up the slop, and it fits perfect now.

3. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Did you find a set of pictures, or see them in-person in 15" and 16"? I am thinking of going with 15's, for a little more sidewall, for our crazy roads, but I am interested in seeing the curved spoke. All I am finding is the same "typical" photo.

Edit: never mind. I put on my bi-focals. I see it now.

4. :D
    Wanted to post a thank you here for Jims Classics .

Jim had seen me asking for back up lamps and the gas cap retainer for our '60 .

He chased up another Hamb'r for some back up lamps for me , and then he said send me your address I have a gas cap retainer you can have. I sent our address to him , he refused to let me pay for the retainer , posted it off and it arrived safely today . I'm stoked!

I should also be thanking the rest of you lot here as well :)
    The help and answers to questions while I piece this little jigsaw puzzle back together have been great.

I fitted up the Shelby 4 pot brakes on the front of the car today and discovered that the 14" wheels ( just rollers ) don't clear the calipers so I'm feeling decidedly clever for buying the 15" Mini-lites that are on the way now .

5. Alfster

Alfster

And you now HAVE to sell the 14 wheels as Michelle said you can't keep them for any more projects as there are NO MORE PROJECTS until you finish the ones you already have..... [​IMG]

6. I like your " Sensible Hat" !

7. tpw35

tpw35

Almost finished with mine, working on drivability now.

Attached Files:

8. falconizer_62

falconizer_62

Very nice tpw35! I love how falcons can be done in so many styles and look great in all of them.

9. falconizer_62

falconizer_62

Well, the radiator mount is getting closer to being finished. At least I know what I am supposed to do from here on out which certainly helps.
    I was able to use the original sheet metal on the top of the radiator support and just a box it all in, and now it is plenty strong. As far forward as the radiator needed to sit, the cap was right in the middle so I had to go around it

Attached Files:

10. falconizer_62

falconizer_62

Now, I have to box the end sections were the crossbar attaches. I will plate it outside and tie it into the corner and box it on the inside.
    I got the outside of the right hand side finished.
    Before, and after.

Attached Files:

11. Made some more progress today ...
    Head lining fitted , front and rear screens fitted , buttoned up the last of the wiring , fitted driveshaft and E brake cables , adjusted rears and am ready to bleed brakes tomorrow. Battery is on charge now....

Attached Files:

12. Alfster

Alfster

Looks good but, I don't think the fenderless style quite suits that model. Ha ha ha

13. dirttoo

dirttoo

I kind of like mine with the fenders off.

Attached Files:

14. falconizer_62

falconizer_62

Wow 4t6ford! That is quite an extensive list of stuff you completed. Was the headliner install tricky?

15. Alfster

Alfster

[​IMG]

16. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

Looking real good tpw35.:cool:

17. Lowriders Art Gallery

Lowriders Art Gallery
    from Montana

Hanging fenders and doors after edging. Windshield post is off about a half inch, which didn't suprise me that much. Headed to my friends shop to put it ion the rack for a final pull and alignment. Running good, but one brake cylinder was leaking. Does anyone have any extra side windows they want to sell?

18. Well, I got my Global West sub frame connectors:

[​IMG]

The installation instructions were actually a copy of drawing done with a pencil, no shit.

I'll be headin' over to ClutchDumpin'Dan's Hot Rod Shop in Frednecksburg, VA ta' get 'em TIG welded to my rusty old tub.

[​IMG]

Hopefully without setting the car on fire...:cool:

19. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

I like the looks of the round tube connectors. I found my box tubing connectors at the local swap meet for $50 new, and they were for a Mustang, but with my frame mods I wasn't too concerned. Since I had to weld the extra frame boxing to my chassis, I just bolted them up in back, and welded them in back afterwards. Then when I added the 1"x3" box tubing to the bottom of my front frame rails, I extended it to connect to the connectors and welded them together to tie it all in one piece.

20. KK500

KK500

Now THESE are subframe connectors........ At RobnellConcours, Melbourne Australia.
    Took me a week to make them tho!

64 Sprint getting a 500hp World products motor, T5 and 9".
    Rose jointed front suspension, Watts link.
    Red leather trim in original design.....even on the Recaros.

Attached Files:

21. Nice! That'll get the job done, fer' sure!

Now, if I only had a bare shell on a rotisserie..... :eek:

22. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If only I could stop driving long enough to work on mine.

23. Got any shots of the front suspension?

Please?

24. Sounds like a really interesting build , got any more photos , please ?

25. Well , a little more progress over the weekend . Front clip all assembled up , Have a hood hinge that I need to have a look at. Front suspension all spanner checked, greased and cotter pins etc fitted . Seat belt mounts and belts installed and a few other smaller jobs crossed off the list .

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

26. Alfster

Alfster

Looking good mate.

27. Thanks. I need to come take a look at yours sometime soon , I'm missing a couple shields for under the front fenders I think.

28. Alfster

Alfster

29. Here, in the Commonwealth of Virginia, we'd call this "shit hot" or "bad-ass" which is just a really convoluted way of sayin' "I dig it, the most!"

[​IMG]

Hey, it looks like yer' 'bout to lose a 7/16" deep socket in the driveway....>

Can we get a full profile shot?