Register now to get rid of these ads!

I just bought a 54 F100

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by big hugh ness, Sep 6, 2013.

1. Folks, I just bought this mildly customised 54 F100. Plan is to do a simple tidy up and drive the heck out of it, hang with folks and just enjoy life for a while.
    Sure, it will polarise some with the mods, but I kinda liked it. Heck, I must have liked it- I bought it! 327 Chev, T350, Mustang II front. It just came in a few hours ago, and since its 1.30 in the morning here, I can't show you much more. Here it is:
    What do you think, guys?
    [​IMG]
    It has had some interesting hood work. All steel. Could do with some paint soon.

2. Brucekoukalaka

Brucekoukalaka
    BANNED

Too damn bad it has a GM drivetrain, other than that I like it.

3. rockfish

rockfish

Glad the drivetrain has been corrected to Chevy. I'd swap out the wheels for some steelies or Torque Thrusts and call it done. Is there a car or truck made that doesn't look better with a set of vintage Torque Thrusts?

Great ride. Enjoy.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2013
  4. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Congrats - yep, wheel change - as you likely already new. front tires look pretty big. post more pics when you can, like to see more of hood. I have a '54 Ford For Sale here with a Chevy V8 and have had plenty of negative comments on drive train. but, with hood down and unless someone looks at front suspension no one will know. your ride, enjoy it.

5. Yeah, bit of interesting custom work on the hood. I'll get some more snaps together. I wanted to get into it today but the mrs took me shopping instead. Talk about a frustrating day! I've got this thing in my driveway ready to tackle and we're out dress shopping! Women! Ya gotta love em....

6. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

I drove a '53 F100 from 1979-1992, powered by a very healthy 327 w/ Turbo 400. No one ever gave me crap about the SBC, especially after they had a ride in it. I sold mine to a friend; been trying to buy it back for twenty years!

Love your '54 and look forward to seeing more of it!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

7. xpletiv

xpletiv
    from chiburbs

Still shopping?

8. Yes-You can't shoot 'Em-Not around here anyway!

9. Mr Mayo

Mr Mayo
    from Huff, ND

Very nice! I don't know how I missed this when it was first posted, but I'm looking forward to more pics.

My '54 F100 has been in my wife's family since the 60's, and sat untouched for about 30 years. It's patiently waiting for my attention.

Attached Files: