Register now to get rid of these ads!

driving your hot rod to work in the morning

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodderhaag, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

You weren't "taking the car to work", you were "taking it somewhere for maintenance." :rolleyes: That is covered generally.

Don

2. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

My work hours just changed to 6-6.So no mo traffic either way,but I live on an island and work there too.I pass under the thruway bridge where the traffic is crawling due to construction etc.Going back and forth to work in my hot rod will be as fun as getting up on a sunday morning and having the river all to myself when I still had my wood boat.Work is fenched in so no worries.Been thinking about building a bike just for work travel!!

3. gearhead9663

gearhead9663

I been driving my fiddy to work every day for tha last 2 years except when I ride my bike!
    Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

4. jkeesey

jkeesey

My son decided he wasn't riding the bus to school on Tuesday morning so I already had a car seat in my A so we hopped in and took off. Got 1 1/2 mile from the school and the cam gear stripped. Not a good start to the day.

5. timelord

timelord

I drive my Buick as many times as I can a week to work only 10 mile round trip . Only get about 6 month of good weather in Buffalo N.Y. Got to get the rides in when you can before the snow .

6. and that's why i don't drive mine to work! i work in Gary for US Steel.

7. ANDEREGG TRIBUTE

ANDEREGG TRIBUTE
    from Bordertown

This is awesome!!! Some of you fortunate ones are living my dream.....one of these days I will be out there too!

I am starting to get the quit talking about it and show up with it already looks....

8. I have a couple to chose from. Lately it's my 50 Ford coupe which has only been on the road for 3 wks or so. I use it everyday. Sometimes i take the 28 rpu or Torino convert or the mc. I'm not rich just have a few over the last 40 yrs to enjoy. I work in a body shop so i can keep an eye on everything all day. Ride is only 5 miles or so one way.

9. L. Eckart

L. Eckart

Drove the new to me 52 Buick to the shop the last two days. All the windows down, 62 degrees, and the nice rumble of the exhaust. Hard to beat. We all need to drive them more.

10. 47ragtop

47ragtop

This time of year in rural Tennessee is made for driving a convertible. I am retired as of June but I drive 3 miles to the store for morning coffee with my buddies.

11. kcbeardclub

kcbeardclub
    from KCMO

My 51 Fleetline is my DD, therefore I drive it to work and everywhere else everyday. For the most part, its a great time, however the last few days have been a bit rough due to me dropping it a bit too much and bottoming out at every turn, hope to have this fixed this weekend.
    T

12. gearhead9663

gearhead9663

I been driving my fiddy to work every day for tha last 2 years except when I ride my bike!

13. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

The Plymouth has been my daily for about twenty years, sans the last couple that I've had it off the road for some repairs. So it wasn't THAT big a deal to drive to work 'cause it was everyday. I have since been driving the "late model" our '62 Falcon wagon just about everywhere. The most fun in the Plymouth though was my sales swings up to Washington each year. I used to leave Phoenix on July 1st, and travel up and down the Washington coast until about Sept.15th each year. I miss that so much!

14. jmpowie

jmpowie

I drove my 29 to work today. Its only 1 1/2 miles to work but at 3pm and the suns out its 20 miles to get home. My wife does not get it.

15. zjerry

zjerry

Sometimes I drive my 1940 Chevy downtown st.Louis. to work at post office garage , here's a pic heading downtown..

Attached Files:

16. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

Took me an hour and ten mins to get home today :) what a nice drive out into the middle of the country side

17. redzula

redzula

Stupid double post

Last edited: Sep 5, 2013
  18. redzula

redzula

Must have had long arms to get that shot lol

19. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

I drove hot rods/collector cars to work on a regular basis. Helps the staff see that "the old man" can do something besides run a bank or an appraisal department. And the thumbs up and high fives to and from work are also enjoyable. Additionally is the conversations you get into if you stop for gas or groceries.

20. After reading Ryan's threads about driving the '39 sedan, I wound up selling my OT daily, bought a '37 sedan, that I didn't have any real emotional attachment to, and put over 11,000 miles on it, in 9 months.

When I am in town, or running 45 mile south, to our Branson office, I am usually behind the wheel of one of my '40s.

21. stimpy

stimpy

never had the chance to do it as when I worked my work was 65' out the front door and drove all day , and now I am retired , the car is on hold for the moment due to funds being used elsewhere .

22. Being retired, I don't get to drive to work anymore, but in 2 weeks I am having rotator cuff surgery, arm strapped to my side for 6 weeks. My Daily is a stick, rod is an auto, how good an excuse is that?

23. tolo2go

tolo2go

This morning was nice and brisk. I have thought about this thread all night. Had to share a picture and want to see yours.

Attached Files:

24. Drive mine several days a week to work, here she sits in the parking lot today.
    [​IMG]

25. cayager

cayager

its amazing how ready for the day you are when you get to drive a hot rod to work. always seem to take the long way around

26. Carter

Carter

Got up a little early this morning as I planned to drive the roadster to work. As soon as I opened the garage door, I could smell gas. Fuel tank leaking. Closed the garage up and hopped in the DD Jeep. What a disappointing way to start my Friday.

27. I work at a winery on the weekends. ( half off wine:D)
    I parked down in the vineyard the other day and when I looked out I saw that my truck had found a friend a sweet 31 coupe
    [​IMG]

At my real job one of the guys drives this daily
    [​IMG]

28. Does a pic on the way home count? No morning pic sorry, coffee and a crashbox and taking pics is just asking for trouble.
    [​IMG]
    That evening traffic is rough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Sep 6, 2013
  29. I like to stop at Starbucks on the way and go inside for my coffee. We have a small shaded area that's become the special place to park if you've got a cool ride or bike to show off.