Register now to get rid of these ads!

ATTN: stolen car milwaukee

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by johnny bondo, Sep 2, 2013.

1. phat rat

phat rat

I read an article the other day about how more older cars were being stolen because of the lack of built in security systems.

2. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

Watching in the west bend area! Gary

3. Bigchuck

Bigchuck
    from Austin, TX

Really? Written by who? Do you think a car alarm is going to help? As far as I am concerned all car alarms do is piss off the neighbors when they go off @ 3:00 AM because a cat jumped on the car. Definately piss me off when some cheap ass, idiot installed alarm goes off while I am trying to repair someone's car. "Oh, I didn't know I had an alarm" I do enjoy removing them and repairing the damage to the car's wiring harness. Plus they are a source fo free ISO relays! As for the stolen Impala, hope it is found. Any security footage from where it was stolen?

4. phat rat

phat rat

Who pissed in your Cheerios this morning? In case you didn't know there are security systems other than alarms.

5. 1959apache

1959apache

apparently the cat that jumped on the car

6. rustang

rustang

I'll keep an eye out up here in the Wausau area...

7. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Will be looking in my area of WI ..
    Also will post it on my FaceBook Page..
    Hate when this happens....

8. weisnersdesign

weisnersdesign
    from St. Paul

North of twin city's plus shared on my fb good luck

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

9. charlesincharge09

charlesincharge09
    from Wisconsin

Ill keep my eyes open in Appleton WI fox valleys area!

10. lewk

lewk
    from Mt

Not true. When I lived in the SF Bay Area my OT car was broken into 8 times. I put an alarm on it and I never had another problem. The car next to mine became easier.

Bummer about the Impala. I hope your friend has good insurance and finds the poor thing. My eyes are open for it out my way!

11. fishnuts.

fishnuts.
    from wisconsin

looking out in the lacrosse area... people like this need to be shot.

12. stimpy

stimpy

other car alarm/tracker systems they have now days LOjack is still around , helped my freind recover his O/T mustang when it was stolen , they found the transmitter on the theifs/cutters kitchen table wondering what it was .

freinds of mine have Gps trackers in there car trailers and one has it on his race car . as long as the vehicles are in cell phone or out in the open they can track its movements and locations , and one freind has a Gps tracker in his semi , technology has changed alot from the annoying yelping sirens..

have my eyes peeled down here near I-55 and 80 and spreading the word .

13. If this was just stolen than ignore this but there is house by my work in kenosha that has one in the garage . Has been there at least a month . It is red 63-64 people that live there are not car people by the looks of them !!! They never leave so I assume the live off the system.

14. Frankenstein57

Frankenstein57

That sounds like its worth checking out, I'll keep an eye out in the Waukesha county area, Mark

15. phat rat

phat rat

post #1 says it happened yesterday

16. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

Anything new? Eyes are open in Northern ILL.

17. jesse1980

jesse1980

18. verno30

verno30
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Watching in Dubuque. Good luck

19. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

What is that trick with using a cheap cell phone to act as a tracking device ? I have heard about it but never understood how it does what it is supposed to do.

Don

20. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I believe you just pay for basic cell service on a network and as long as the phone is turned on and has power it can be located through the GPS tracking system.

If the phone can be detected it will usually be quickly disabled.

21. They say "lightening never strikes twice in the same place". Try a bait car in the same location. This time hide a tracking device in the car. May find out where the 63 impala is and the bastards that stole her. Nevertheless, I have New York and PA covered. I hope she is found in one piece.

22. slammed

slammed

TRAC phone, -dirt cheap- buy the minutes. Keep it charged. Have a ping from a tower trail in no time. Good luck.

23. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Ok, so let me get this straight (I'm a little electronically challenged :eek:). They sell Trac phones at like Walmart, I think. So you buy one and put minutes in it and then put it on some sort of 12 volt charger in the car. Does it just stay turned on all the time or go to idle. (like my cell phone does, it goes off if not used for a minute or so, and I have to turn it back on.)

Secondly, do you have to keep buying minutes or does the initial purchase of minutes not run out as long as you are not making calls on it.

Don

24. johnny bondo

johnny bondo
    from illinois

the interior is red and black all stock, the car is basically all stock, it used to have astro supremes on it but he just took them off.

bump

25. crashfarmer

crashfarmer
    from Iowa

LOL! :)

You can buy those minute cards that are good for a year, I assume that would be what you want. When I was driving for a contract mail carrier the last tracking devices we had in the trucks were cell phone devices velcroed to the dash and hooked to a charger.

26. outlaw57

outlaw57

Still watching along l-90 near west salem

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

27. fuzzface

fuzzface

I see Crashfarmer just answered it but that is what I do. I have a tracfone and buy the yearly card at around $100.00, once a year. Yes, you only are charged if you use it for calls but cost nothing being turned on but they have a time limit also besides the minute usage. But if you renew it before the time limit runs out then you get to banked the extra minutes. I have over 3,000 extra minutes banked on mine.

Just make sure you keep the telephone number and/or sein number written down so just in case it is stolen so you can have it tracked thru the phone gps unit which all cell phones distributed now has.

Keep it someplace hidden well in vehicle, like behind the dash, wired into the cigarette lighter so it stays charged and you don't have to pull it out weekly to charge it.

28. fuzzface

fuzzface

My wife would always shake her head and it never made sense to her that I used to keep my cell phone off in my pocket (it's for me to make call not every tom, dick and harry to call me about stupid things) but when we get to a car show, hotel, restaurant, etc I would turn it on and then leave it in the car someplace like under seat or under papers in glove box, or under the spare tire, etc. she never caught on that was my low cost tracking device just in case someone drove off with it

29. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

That's brilliant! Then all you have to do when you get back to your car is delete all the stupid messages from Tom, Dick and Harry. :)

30. yellow wagon

yellow wagon
    from WI

Got my eyes open down here in Franksville/Mt Pleasant area