Register now to get rid of these ads!

Building the Speedway Motors Tribute T

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chopped 66 Bug, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Chopped 66 Bug

Chopped 66 Bug

I would like to use either a Chevy Straight 6 or maybe even a Straight 4 out of a Pinto with some enhancments. Would using the transmission as equipped with either of these motors work well? Thinking less hassle with adapters and such. Due to size of the interior a automatic is specified.

Also instead of using the glass body, I hope to find an appropriate metal body to use instead. Went window shopping on E-bay and see there are some available.

Mike

2. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

If you go with the chevy 6 a powerglide would work good if pinto a C4 will be the one to use.

3. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

What transmissions do they have?

4. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

the 250 and 292 accept the same bell as s b c im using a 91 700 R4 out of a caprice Langdon s stove bolt is a good source of information of g m straight 6 engines the earlier gm 6 s like 216 235 require an adapter

5. blyndgesser

blyndgesser
    from Georgia

I know those things don't have much footroom for three pedals, but I'd be tempted to run a Chevy 250 with a Saginaw four-speed and a dual carb intake. If you have to go automatic, a powerglide or TH350 won't drag the six too far down. If you want a four-cylinder, skip the Pinto and run a Mercruiser 3.0 (basically an evolved version of the Chevy II four).

6. Topless Ford

Topless Ford

A chevy 200 r-4 is pretty small.