Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 59 chevy wagon in progress

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cody Walls, Mar 23, 2010.

1. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

thanks jim and are also what eats up a lot of time:D

thank you
    thank you ,I realy could care less about awards , just who I am , ive never been in this for that , im just anxious to drive the wheels off of it :D

I use washers on everything , and lock tite everything , tighten em down and hope the paint doesn't break , but also on bolted areas I try to keep the build of the materials to a minumn
    thanks

2. outlaw57

outlaw57

3. that sender needs a acorn nut do not make me come over there :)

4. Buzznut

Buzznut

LOL! I was thinking the same thing. It's funny Cody, you have us all holding you to your own standards, but then, I'm sure you already had plans to put an acorn nut there.

Awesome work bro...

5. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

You may not care about awards but you're gonna get 'em, Cody.

6. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

thanks

Patients young grasshopper patients ;)
    Lol just haven't gotten around to it yet
    Ya I guess so :D

7. Shane Spencer

Shane Spencer

dude I HAVE to swing in one day and check out your work. its freakin insane. I may be in Delaware in a few weeks. ill have to get in touch with you

8. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

nothing to special today , I did manage to get the rest of the parts that needed bed lined done , I finished up the linkage on the carbs and sanded parts

9. oldman2

oldman2

Bed lined stuff looks good...Jim

10. Buzznut

Buzznut

Cody, are your inner fenders actually outer fenders? DAMN! That is awesome looking. No plan for a hood?

Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
  11. one2roc

one2roc

Post #18015.... The hood's been in the final stages of paint now for thelast few weeks. Perfection takes time :D:D:D

12. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

thanks

yes they are my original fenders , I used them as inner fender since they were in really rough shape ,and rattaxi48 Donated the outer fender years ago off of his 59 bel air for the wagon cause , yes what one2roc said , I'm still in the process of finishing up the hood

Haha , you beat me to it , thanks

13. Buzznut

Buzznut

This has got to be one of the best looking wagons I've ever seen. I honestly think you should find a way to get it to Grand Nationals, SEMA, etc.... Hate to say it (because I know you want to drive it), but that car is show circuit quality. Not to mention, if you ever wanted a career in custom car building, this car would get you there in a heart beat.

14. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Thank you for such the kind words , the wagon isn't perfect. , it has it's issue , but it is what it is , as far a gnrs and sema , I would love to do that , but funds are running out on this and there would be no possible way to make it to those kind of show Especially since there on the other side of the country , also I don't own a trailer or a truck , so everywhere the wagon goes its going to get dirty and driven , yah I know , but it is what it is , as far as my carrier , I'm a free lance hot rod / custom car builder already , thanks again
    Cody

15. Buzznut

Buzznut

Didn't know that - I saw metal fab in your profile, but it makes sense that you already build custom rods, it's pretty obvious in this build.

I understand the distance thing, and the shrinking funds. I've seen cars hit the circuit for a year or two (hauled by a promotion company or sponsor), but then you never get a chance to drive and enjoy them until the circuit is done.

16. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

<TABLE cellPadding=6 width=600><TBODY><TR><TD align=center>[​IMG]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

crossmember

[​IMG]

17. 60galaxieJJ

60galaxieJJ

Still not low enough! Lol

18. oldman2

oldman2

There could be an "OUCH" there someday:eek::):)...Jim

19. Clevername

Clevername

I have been following your build for quite a while, would you hurry up and finish this beauty:) Man that car is and will be stunning! Can't wait to see it finished -would love to see it in person -like say at LSRU.

Kelvin

20. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

I know right
    yah I know , that's the whole reason for the air ride :D

Perfection takes time my friend , I'm ready to see it finished too, lsru is one show I would love to take the wagon too, and ive have been thinking about that lately , so we'll see when the time comes

21. A Rodder

A Rodder

93 pages long and this is the first time I have clicked on your thread, I got a lot to catch up on. Amazing work. The detail is unreal.

22. Wowcars

Wowcars

Cody do you have any pictures of doing the inner fenders?

23. ftwkustom

ftwkustom
    from michigan

I'm curious about the inner fenders too.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

24. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

MONDAY PAINT UPDATE !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [​IMG]

<TABLE cellPadding=6 width=600><TBODY><TR><TD align=center>[​IMG]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. mt94ss

mt94ss

Wow. Looks like it is almost finished. That engine is the best part.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

26. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

<TABLE cellPadding=6 width=750><TBODY><TR><TD align=center>[​IMG]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    heres whats left of the original fender , and the start of the inner fender

<TABLE cellPadding=6 width=750><TBODY><TR><TD align=center>[​IMG]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    [​IMG]

27. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

there still so much to do ,

28. slammed

slammed

The second shot show's a great forward rake rather than a 'broken' look. And of course the shiny shots really give the main body green some life! This update should feed the 'fix' of so many fan's of your build Cody. Maybe a nickname of 'Codeine' for all those junkies!

29. I am in awe! :eek:,,Beautiful work! HRP

30. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Lol
    Yes I'll be there Saturday ,
    Thanks