Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Your HERSHEY SHOPPING LIST Wants:

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The37Kid, Sep 2, 2013.

1. The37Kid

The37Kid

The thing I've noticed over the last few years is I pay what the guy wants and put the item in my cart and keep moving. We're talking $20.00 items or less. If you take the time to wheeler deal on everything I think someone will beat you to the next item in the time you spent saving $5.00. Bob

2. noboD

noboD

Isn't that called power shopping?

3. I have been going to Fall Hershey since 1978. I have not missed one show over the last 15 years. However, this year’s show will be special. You see I will be there as a vendor for the first time. All are welcome to stop by and say hello. I am located in the RED FIELD spot RNA 47

Attached Files:

4. nrgwizard

nrgwizard
    from Minn. uSA

Hey, Bob;

I'd like a Fronty DOHC AF-16. Doubt I could fund it...

I'm thinkin' a set of mag halibrands (10x16?) & mag american (4-5x15?) 5spoke funny spindlemounts wouldn't hurt my feelings, but from what I've seen/read, it'd hurt the pocketbook beyond death...

May as well wish for a tucker engine &/or a Franklin air-cooled helicopter mill. Complete & running, thankyou. :D .

'Course I do have a deuce heavy axle, spindles, backing plates, & ~ '35 PU vented drums. Just how much under market price you talkin'? :D .

Someday maybe I can make it to Hershey.

Marcus...

Last edited: Sep 5, 2013
  5. The37Kid

The37Kid

I've seen both a DO Fronty and a Tucker engine at Hershey in years past. Bob

6. Only 33 days till HERSHEY!

7. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

In 1973 we sold a complete Franklin aircool engine out of our spaces! I grew up going to Hershey; still love it. Happy hunting!

8. sawzall

sawzall

Clear skies..

walking and talking with my dad for three days..

and ANY early ford WOOD for woodie wagons..... DID I SAY ANY?

9. 1967gt

1967gt
    from ohio

35. 36. Ford pickup parts

10. nrgwizard

nrgwizard
    from Minn. uSA

I figured as much... seriously. Funding it is the problem, & then getting it here. I would be curious about the price, should anything turn up. I'm still guessin' I'm gonna be short a couple of Zeros...

Been told that if you have the funds, Hershey & the LA Fathers' Day event are the two to attend. Maybe someday.

Marcus...

11. Louie

Louie
    from NJ

Horne 4x2 intake for Caddy

12. oneredryderone

oneredryderone

personally i'd like to 'time-machine' my way back to the days.....when bill harrah would send his 'crew' to hershey with their shopping lists, military-style walkee-talkees and a briefcases full of cash to purchase, then carry/ hoof their prizes across the road to the airfield/resort to the semi-trailler. in the mid-70s i witnessed several times his 'crew' at work, but his 'operation' never meant anything to me until i saw his collection and shops in 1977!
    this feller did NOT do things in 'halves'! knowing what i know now, just to follow along and watch the harrah 'crew' in action would be worthwhile!

ALSO.... i will never forget the warm reception of MIZ 'posies' to visitors at their shop.

thanx red

13. jambottle

jambottle

I`ll be looking for a set of water manifolds for my federal mogul heads.(should be lots of those there!)

14. Koz

Koz

Edmunds 2x2 or any brand of 4x2 intake for a 324 Olds.

15. wheels1950

wheels1950
    from PA. USA

A set of 48 to 55 1st series running boards for 1/2 ton or suburban. Really need these as soon as possible
    O and another 51 mercury accessory steering wheel and a couple 32 5 window coupes for cheap !
    FRANK

16. lancer hubcaps, blasting cabinet parts and '33chevy coupe seat.

17. rusty truck

rusty truck
    from rochester

Ditto, But pre-war GM approved accessories

18. ctfordguy

ctfordguy

I LOVE MY WIFE!
    I LOVE MY DAUGHTERS and
    I LOVE HERSHEY
    Bruce/CT

19. ctfordguy

ctfordguy

Marcus,
    If you love cars then you need Hershey on your Bucket List. Only disappointment would be bad weather. If you need something auto and it's not at Hershey, I'd bet it doesn't exist.
    It's a blast
    Bruce/CT

20. eicke

eicke

...............I'm lookin' for one of those Pin-up type girlfriends! ;)

21. 41 C28

41 C28

I'll know it when I see it.

22. The37Kid

The37Kid

One year that turned out to be a NOS Model T Ford frame extention that was 14 feet long. Longest item I've ever moved with a hand truck. Bob

23. yruhot

yruhot

OK I need to know where the local ups shipping store is cause hershey is on my bucket list of things I want to do in my lifetime and have heard so much about it. Unfortunately I'm flying in and out and am visiting some family located in Harrisburg Pa. And I'kk probably have to shipp my stuff back home. Yea I know not the most economic thing to do but what the heck Thats the hand I'm delt and I have to make it work. We'll see how it compares to the pomona type swap meets out west. I'm so excited. Wifes going also, she's such a doll. She'll probably get more than I do,.lol. Anyway seriously I willprobably need to ship something home any other suggestions other than renting a U-Haul truck.lol. Yruhot....Doug

24. The37Kid

The37Kid

There is a container that sits close to the Bob Drake spots that collects stuff to ship to the West Coast. Don't know how they charge for bodies & frames. One year Fed Ex had a setup in the Green field were they would box & ship your stuff. Bob

25. noboD

noboD

There's also a UPS store in the shopping center about 2 miles west. It's close to the Weis grocery store, near McD's, Wendy's, and Pizza Hut.

26. rustynutz

rustynutz

Looking for anything for 1940/1941 Ford Pickup. Big ticket items are; floor pans, passenger rear fender, grill, gauges, glove box handle, EAB generator.

27. Hmmm

36 ford coupe rear fenders
    Ss trim for the grill
    Cloth wiring
    36 radius rods
    Rear window drip tray
    36 bumpers and brackets
    Headlight mount brackets
    3-3/8 tach for the waterfall
    Anything 36

1950 Oldsmobile hubcaps

28. I have a 36 rumble seat in good shape, recovered and aftermarket hinges I could take to Hershey if anyone was interested.

29. Spoonman34

Spoonman34

never been always wanted too someday. Anything 33-34 chevy town sedan trunk parts sedan rear tail light brackets

30. The37Kid

The37Kid

I wonder if any of the wiring kit people mentiond here on the HAMB show up at Hershey? It would be interesting to see what the stuff looks like. Bob