Register now to get rid of these ads!

Found T Bucket

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 49meteor, Sep 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 49meteor

49meteor

came across this old beauty today, old show car named "Sundowner" burnt orange with black pin striping by "Norris" lots of gold plating, gold plated silver dollars on valve covers and front spring perch black tuffed velvet type material interior. Looks like a 70s build. Any body have any history on the car? Probably built in California.

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

2. rat pup

rat pup
    from houston

Sweet T man

3. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

The poster child for Fad T's.

4. Styleliner

Styleliner

I hate gold plate

5. slammed

slammed

That is all you can say? The car is well preserved and the gold and other items may be sold to fiance a more '60's (cool) flavor.

6. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Most definitely a seventies build, but I don't remember it from any magazine coverage. Might be one of those that some day when I'm digging through some stuff I find in rod run coverage. If I do I'll post it.

7. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Ya know, that would be my first thought, but it's so well preserved and in such good shape that maybe it should be loved as is and maintained in it's seventies guise. I remember thinking about 15 years ago, "ya know, I wish people were building '60s style stuff again", now look at what EVERYBODY is building. It's all cyclical, hell, even overdone rolling bedroom vans are coming back again!

8. Norris,was a pin striper and sign maker in Surrey.His business "Norris & Co."is still in business operated by his daughter.Can't help about the car however

9. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

70's T buckets are making somewhat of a comeback. We saw one at Turkey Run last year and it was really cool to see one of them preserved. I like yours a lot, and all I would do is fix anything that is not working and get it on the road..........you will be ahead of the curve. :)

We need a lot more pictures, please.

Don

10. To be honest I've always felt like those 70s T-buckets should be the milk carton picture child, not the poster child. But to each their own.

Looks like it has a GM tilt column in there with the ignition switch smoothed off. That would make it at least a 70s build and still kind of unusual at that.

11. fleet-master

fleet-master

thats why my Dad started wearing his corduroy suit again... to be ahead of the curve :D:D

12. 2935ford

2935ford

I love gold plate.

13. jmpowie

jmpowie

Theirs one like that in a old store front in Texas City. I was told the car has been there 30 yrs. The 70's were a groovy gold time.

14. Man, I just do not love that car. To me t-buckets are touchy, if you don't get them just right they fail. This one does seem to be well preserved though.

15. 30FordNerd

30FordNerd

It needs help.

16. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

i'd drive the wheels off that thing

17. x2!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.