Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ed Luckes Junk Yard in Glenville Pa

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by abels classics, Jul 26, 2013.

1. abels classics

abels classics

To anyone that has ever been to this junk yard of old cars and lots of parts I have some sad news. Ed Lucke died July 12, 2013. He was up by his house and had a massive heart attack. Frank will not be reopening at this time. There will not be a service. Will post more as I find out any info. Ed was a great guy who we will miss a lot. I was actually at the yard the day he died. Picked up a door and trunk lid for my 48 chevy aerosedan. Ed left for lunch. Frank and I were the last ones to see him till Frank found him up his house several hours latter.

2. Honlude

Honlude
    from York pa

Has anyone heard what the fait of Ed Luke's yard is gonna be yet ?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. alphabet soup

alphabet soup
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Rumor has it that a deal was already made to sell it. Rumor also says they were only going to sell parts till the end of this year and then never re-open. Since Ed passed I think the close date has been moved up. But this is just the rumors.

4. merc-o-madness

merc-o-madness

where is this one?

5. alphabet soup

alphabet soup
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

on Pa. Rt. 851 just south of Jefferson Pa.

6. merc-o-madness

merc-o-madness

anybody know if they have any 57 lincolns with the fins in there?

7. Is this the one above rising sun md. in pa.

8. alphabet soup

alphabet soup
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Lukes is more over towards Hanover. There is one north of Rising Sun off of Rt. 1. Called Criswells. It used to be called Smokey Prangs. Merc, you might find some fins in Criwells there are a lot of Fo-Mo-Co cars in there. Some are pretty picked and some are pretty rotten. But they are there.

9. abels classics

abels classics

Frank is now the Executor. He is talking to several auctioneers to sell the household things. The yard is still closed. The deal to Condon to buy the yard did NOT go through before Ed died. The township wanted run off ponds and the entrance changed. Will keep you guys posted.

10. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your friend.

11. merc-o-madness

merc-o-madness

criswells? that one in york? was that renamed baughmans? if so its gone

12. thanks will try to hit it in the next month. There is a group of us trying to find and tour old junk yards before they disappear forever. Reliving the good old days of no crushers an old cars

13. fatabone

fatabone

This yard is closed and will be scraped or auctioned off in the future. Ed passed and Frank has no intentions of opening it up. If I hear of a chance of a last sell off or auction I'll post here but Frank tells me he is done sitting in that yard.

14. alphabet soup

alphabet soup
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Mr. Merc, Criswells is about two miles west of U.S. Rt.1. Outside of Nottingham Pa. It's not really anywhere near York or Rt. 83. Not trying to be a wise guy here. But I have been to all four yards, both of Baughmans yards, Lukes and Criswells.

15. crazy_tonguezz

crazy_tonguezz
    from glendale

man just sad news all around.

16. merc-o-madness

merc-o-madness

ok cool, how is criswells compared to baughmans? are their prices ok? maybe i will take a trip, was baughmans other yard old cars only too?

17. alphabet soup

alphabet soup
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sorry just getting back. Took a long weekend with the wifee. Baughmans main yard is pretty much a newer yard. Does have some older stuff in it but mostly Mopar. Criswells has been around for a very long time. Like I say it used to be called Smokey Prangs. Prices are good. The guys are very friendly. But, if they tell you a price, that's what it's going to be. If you need any more info you can call me. Gene. 410-982-4042.

18. thank you for the update and number =)

19. Sperduton

Sperduton
    from NJ

That sucks sorry to hear about the passing.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

20. merc-o-madness

merc-o-madness

thanks for the info alphabet

21. schmol

schmol
    from york, pa

do we have any updates on the Luke yard?

22. derbygurlz

derbygurlz

The yard of the former ed luke will be open today 12/6 thru 12/8 from 10am til 4pm for anyone to get last chance before it is all crushed on monday.. the yard was bought wed and will reopen with all new inventory within the nxt couple months..
    3 DAYS only to get parts out of ed lukes junk yard before new inventory comes in

23. 50shoe

50shoe

thanks, does anyone have an exact location for this place? Can't seem to figure it out from the earlier posts.

24. derbygurlz

derbygurlz

3195 jefferson rd glenville pa

25. merc-o-madness

merc-o-madness

if anybody goes please let me know if they have a 57 lincoln in there

26. Clark

Clark

Had a good time at the yard today....got a truckload of parts. We'll miss Frank ,but the new owner is great to deal with. Prices were good. I'll SE if I can get a pic of my finds.
    Clark

27. nitrohemi

nitrohemi

someone needs to please buy the 331 hemi crank and 16 pistoons and rods in the one school bus. I can't believe I left without them. just don;t need them. already have spares

28. Clark

Clark

Here's my pile of parts....

The new owner is a car guy and will not crush the good stuff. The yard is gonna stay open and will be part old stuff and part new. he yard will be closed while he is crushing but will be open on weekends.
    Clark

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
  29. nitrohemi

nitrohemi

is he open tomorrow sunday the 8th