Register now to get rid of these ads!

Auburn Auction Rambler

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jtperf, Aug 31, 2013.

1. jtperf

jtperf
    from salem wi

Anyone following the Auburn Auction? Wondering how much the green rambler went for...aka "The Slamber" hahhahaha

2. AcadianKid

AcadianKid

The old "Strokes" car lol?!?!?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. saw it go through, wasn't big money. don't remember. less than 30g i think. could be wrong.

4. AcadianKid

AcadianKid

Haha. Maybe if they had an honest history of the build and Richard Stokes wasn't such a liar it would have done better.

5. don't know who stokes is or the drama/ hillarity about this car, but, i have been to and purchaces cars at the fall auburn auction. it's not the place to sell hot rods and custom built cars. they don't do well in general. it's always been about classics in the fall. it is a great place to buy them though.

6. 1967gt

1967gt
    from ohio

7. Jt, you built a nice car. I'm sure it would have brought more at a different auction. Time of day also plays a big factor. That car ran mid after noon. All the big players are getting ready for sat evening.

8. shigbot

shigbot

my buddy in Wisconsin bought the 62 in auburn whats the story of the car?

9. 1967gt

1967gt
    from ohio

No!! The big player are always ready.... they know. = Who ! What ! What ! When ! & Where ! Before the auction begins. Dont be fooled.

10. AcadianKid

AcadianKid

Shigbot, contact jtperf for the facts of the car. HE has all of HIS build pics from when HE built the car.

11. shigbot

shigbot

I understand you built the Shambler. My buddy in Wisconsin bought it at auburn what's the story on it? I think he bought it right thanks for any info