Register now to get rid of these ads!

AHRA returning?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Project Paladin, Jan 14, 2013.

1. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

I really really hope it comes together, but right now its to vauge and I dont need another t-shirt.

Im done here, need to go to the Western union a send some money to some Nigerian Prince

2. What happened to the days when a kid could take his dad's grocery getter to the drag strip & dog the shit out of it & hope like hell something didn't break and go home? Are those days history?

3. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

I will pay you the same amount of money "CASH" for the car pictured as it did originaly off the showroom floor.
    Money is no longer an issue, wired the money to a Nigerian Prince and should have my $45,000,000 in a few weeks.

4. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Well Bruce being your pretty free with your money these days :), maybe you would like to fund the Cripple dog Ranch's trip to the Iditarod, fifty to seventy five thousand should cover it , entry fees, supplys, new state of the art sleds, a year liveing in alaska training and some other odds and ends, we except checks, money orders, Pay pal or cash, Buddy thanks you in advance,,,,,:D Tim Jones PS we'll give you a T shirt

Attached Files:

5. Foot Feed

Foot Feed
    from AK

Tim, you're gonna want more cash if you're planning a year in AK feeding yourself and a team of sled dogs. :)

6. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

For that amount do I get signage on each of the dogs?

The Prince just called, needs another 5G to cover postage for all that cash-Im off to Western Union again-- when will all this stop and I get the money???

Attached Files:

7. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

Sounds like you'll be needing these.RULES

PS not a supplement like the heritage rules.

8. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Yeah your right , not a cheap state to live in , even in the bush:D, Darn, Bruce I guess we're gonna need more cash:) you can have all the signage you need just send your lettering guy up, I think the prince said the checks in the mail:rolleyes: Junior Stock thanks for the new rules, dogpower and Horsepower Both cost big bucks, Hell a good Parka cost the same as a SFI 20 firesuit, Now back to the thread at hand , I hope it works out we ran AHRA back in the late 70's always had a great time, very laid back deal, But that was along time ago, Diffrent times and cheaper costs to race,,, Tim Jones

9. Project Paladin

Project Paladin
    BANNED

I ordered a rule book. I'll keep you posted.

10. Project Paladin

Project Paladin
    BANNED

Facebook photo

Attached Files:

11. Project Paladin

Project Paladin
    BANNED

I got my rule book today. It explains a lot, straight forward rules updated safety requirements.

12. Project Paladin

Project Paladin
    BANNED

I received my new AHRA rule book yesterday. I jumped right to the AA/FA rules and they look very standard.

I was happy to see the engine rule stated," Maximum 2 valves per cylinder, pushrod operated. Any type of block or cylinder head may be used in cast iron or aluminum. Cubic inch displacement limited to 526 cu in."

Top Fuel rules states pre 1979 front or rear engine chassis, any block but must have OEM cylinder head bolt pattern and retain stock OEM valve angles. Maximun cu in is 470. I'm going to guess the pre 1979 chassis is also going to require new chassis to have a pre 1979 appearance. Not a super comp dragster.

Funny Car has a maximum of 500 cu in, max bore spacing of 4.840 inches and must maintain bore centers +/- .015 inch from stock. OEM cylinder head bolt pattern and retain stock OEM valve angles. Pre 1980 body.

Pro Stock has a Class 1: 8.00-8.99 and a class 2: 9.00-9.99. Open to 1967-1980 cars.

There's a Gas Coupe, Sedan, and Roadster class and Econo Altered, Funny Car, and Dragster class.

A rule book is just under $10 shipped.

13. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

So by what that is telling me is that they designed fuel classes for cars that do not exist. I can only think of one T/F out there that comes close "Mr Boston"
    Welcome to the $50 "T" shirt club.

14. Project Paladin

Project Paladin
    BANNED

I think there are cars out there that will fit into the class. How many Pro 7.0 dragsters or A Fuel cars would cert to NHRA NTF if they had CF brakes on them? There's no requirements for CF brakes in the AHRA class.

PM your mailing address and I'll buy you a rule book and send it to you.

In the big picture Top Fuel is a small part of the AHRA deal.

Vince

15. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

"Major PR damage from the past". That's it right there; between Orville Moe, and all his legal/illegal dealings that lead to his demise, and Troy Moe, who apparently thought it was "his money", trying to bring back the AHRA is going to be almost impossible, especially a SECOND try by Mr. Saint. I will give him credit for trying. Maybe he should buy an existing track, or even build one, to fly the banner from. It would probably be better to coin an entirely different name, and then IF it takes off successfully, re-name it the AHRA after a couple/few years. I would love another drag racing sanctioning body. My other issue regards using the term "outlaw" tracks; they are "independent" in my eyes. "Outlaw" just carries a bad connotation. When the general public looks unfavorably upon drag racing as is, throwing the term "outlaw" into the mix does't help matters. Again, it's a PR issue. JMO. Butch/56sedandelivery.

16. Project Paladin

Project Paladin
    BANNED

It appears the new ownership is going about this differently then the Moe's did.

17. pooboy

pooboy
    from SoCal

I'm going to support the AHRA and put my money where my mouth is. The NHRA is Big Business and all for screwing the little guy. In fact the NHRA hasn't been for the little guy since the '60's. I truly hope the AHRA succeeds this time around.

18. Project Paladin

Project Paladin
    BANNED

There's a bunch of guys doing the same thing as you and I.

19. Project Paladin

Project Paladin
    BANNED

There's a posting on the AHRA Face Book page that the rule/tech guide will be avaible on the AHRA web-site as well as a hard copy from the web store and with an AHRA membership. I guess Bruce pulled some strings.

Updated info

http://nostalgiadragworld.com/v1i5ahraupdate.php

Last edited: Sep 5, 2013
  20. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

I have a very long reach

21. Project Paladin

Project Paladin
    BANNED

Got to love the art work.

Attached Files:

22. Project Paladin

Project Paladin
    BANNED

Reading through the rule book there's a BB/FC class. Pretty cool you can run blown alcohol or injected nitro. Pre 1980 body.

23. Fast55097

Fast55097
    from S.A. TX

If we had a nice AHRA track down here where they ran the three tenths, one yellow, one green tree from the early 80's, deep staging allowed, I would race my strait axle 55 there any day.

24. Project Paladin

Project Paladin
    BANNED

There's an El Paso race September 26-28 2014.

25. Project Paladin

Project Paladin
    BANNED

The rule book is now available on the AHRA website.

Ahramotorsports.com

26. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

Yes I read it , Pro-Comp is a mess Any dragster quicker than 7.49 needs a TOP FUEL chassie spec if they plan on running comp with a supercharged engine. Everything going by weight/cubic inch is/will be expensive.They claim nostalgia ,but too many late modle loop-holes.

Have fun , its not for me

27. Project Paladin

Project Paladin
    BANNED

Bruce, shouldn't you guys be racing????

Be safe

28. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

Got a link?
    I can't seem to find it.

29. Junior Stock

Junior Stock