Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My new project...its a sickness.....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flathead31coupe, Sep 4, 2013.

1. flathead31coupe

flathead31coupe
    from indpls, in

Here is my new project....yes yes i know its a t buckt... its what i have to work with...:)i have a 413 carb to pan to trans, thats going in it...other that that... not sure... looking for parts... whats you see is all i have..did have skinny wires on the front gone when i got it..looking for a set
    PIC00037.JPG

PIC00038.JPG

PIC00039.JPG

PIC00040.JPG

PIC00042.JPG

Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
  2. Styleliner

Styleliner

Call me naive, but can that spring setup handle the torque and big tires? Looks a bit light in the shorts and heavy in the crotch.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
  3. F&J

F&J

Geez, what a complainer...do you also get so sad when you only find a 50 dollar bill in the parking lot :D

That is a very cool start IMO. That front end is awesome, as well as other cool stuff. Is that an early Olds rear?

Do as you want, but I'd go more Norm Grabowski or Tommy Ivo with the back tires AND the steering wheel. The rest is right on target:cool:

4. flathead31coupe

flathead31coupe
    from indpls, in

iam happy to have it...i know that some dont like t buckets at all...but dont care :)

5. Mopar Jack

Mopar Jack

Everybody has to start somewhere...congrats and good luck...

6. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

As long as the hairpins, the panhard bar and their attachment points are strong enough, no problem. Those are what control the axle. The springs don't have much to do with it...they just suspend the car. The springs do look light, because they are...and that's a good thing. In fact, they might even be too stiff. The last thing you want on a light car such as a T-bucket is stiff springs, 'cause it'll feel like the axle is mounted solid to the frame.

Have fun with your new disease, F31C. I hope you never recover...lol.

7. F&J

F&J

I don't see just a T bucket, I see a bunch of very cool, very traditional late 50s-early 60s pieces, on what appears to be a T-bucket. ;)

That could be one of the best around if done up like old days...and you already have most of what it would take.

I like it a lot because it has great possibilities...and for not much extra $$ for what it needs

8. flathead31coupe

flathead31coupe
    from indpls, in

it was complete when the guy first found it... two piece windshield, sbc, ect. .. still need to get the windshied..it also has deep dish spoke wheels on the rear..it was found sitting out back behind a barn or garage

9. F&J

F&J

It's a very old build. I'd bet money on it. Great find.

10. hendo0601

hendo0601
    from Tacoma, WA

You mentioned dropping in a 413...I really dig that idea! My question is, would the "long ram" intakes fit on a T Bucket or would they stick out too far? I cant say I have ever seen a T with a set of those on it before...they look totally bitchin IMO.

You got yourself one sweet foundation to build on! Subscribed and looking forward to what you do with the old gal!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

11. AHotRod

AHotRod

Looks like it was originally built a loooooooong time ago, are those M50-15's on the back?

12. flathead31coupe

flathead31coupe
    from indpls, in

they are m/t sportsman 31x16.50x15...

13. DaPeach

DaPeach
    from NE OH

awesome. another cool build to watch.

14. Bucket Ts used to be considered entry level cars but that was the '70s and they were alright to own and build in our era for damned sure. Not a thing in the world wrong with building a bucket T.

Just look at this and tell me that a T bucket is a poor choice.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=829119

Those lights up on this tall pods are a '50/'560s thing by the way in case there is any doubt. They are from a time when may states had a headlight height law. Maybe a little ugly in our present world but way cool, if you don't use 'em send 'em to me. OK?

Last edited: Sep 5, 2013
  15. Welcome to the club!-MIKE:D:cool:

[​IMG]

16. F&J

F&J

say what? :D:cool:

Attached Files:

17. F&J

F&J

Now you're talking... spring-ahead I beam on a T and a Nailhead and drum brakes:cool:

Old time T's are not really a "T-bucket"...they are hot rods

18. F&J

F&J

here's a few old time ones. You have most all the important pieces to redo that old hot rod.

your car must have been built before the T-aftermarket companys started making the cheapie chrome front tube axles and all the other bolt-on kit parts that most people call a Kit T or a Fab T.

Attached Files:

19. hendo0601

hendo0601
    from Tacoma, WA

Yes!!! Those long rams on that thing look SICK!!!! I think I need one now....

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

20. flathead31coupe

flathead31coupe
    from indpls, in

here are a few more pics that may help someone help as to the year there abouts on this build PIC00040.JPG

PIC00039.JPG

PIC00038.JPG

PIC00037.JPG

21. Weasel

Weasel

You mean like this? ("borrowed" from another post by HJmaniac);)....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. flathead31coupe

flathead31coupe
    from indpls, in

23. flathead31coupe

flathead31coupe
    from indpls, in

her is a few pis its a start... long way to go.... PIC00040.JPG

PIC00039.JPG

24. F&J

F&J

Wow, no space problem for a decent sized radiator. Looking like it's off to a great start.

I like this car a lot...I suppose I already said that:eek:

25. flathead31coupe

flathead31coupe
    from indpls, in

thanks... I can go forward a little more if need be.. I need to get a pump and a fan on to see, were it needs to be... iam thinking it looks good were its at though.... in the same place the chevy one was...its setting to low now .. oil pan 1'' off the floor don't have motor mount pads under the mounts yet...not sure how high it needs to be.. guess as high it can be without looking funny

26. F&J

F&J

That side view is decieving for how the motor height will look. It does look a bit too low, though.

One big issue with any older car, is room for a gas pedal in a decent place. So, I'd want to get the pan up as much as possible, but keep an eye on losing too much footroom. The A/T will help gain footroom.

extra time spent now in mockup, will pay off bigtime later.

27. flathead31coupe

flathead31coupe
    from indpls, in

28. flathead31coupe

flathead31coupe
    from indpls, in

29. 94hoghead

94hoghead

I like it. Its got lots of potential.....

30. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

Why wouldn't they fit? He hasn't got a hood?

Long ram intakes would look bitchin on that car. Does anyone else remember Arin Cee's home made long ram setup that stuck out beyond the fenders? He hung a couple of lanterns on them for night driving lol.