Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 59 chevy wagon in progress

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cody Walls, Mar 23, 2010.

1. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

Great thread. One of the best builds in a long time...Kudo's young man

2. one2roc

one2roc

Ditto..... What the bug box said :D Just can't seem to get enough of this fantastic build up!

3. NoSurf

NoSurf

Absolutely Amazing.

Thank you so much for taking the time to take pics and post them for us all to see.

4. one2roc

one2roc

Hey Cody,

I probably should go back and look but did you end up making your own glass channel for the rear window yet? I know it's posted on another thread but I don't recall seeing you make another piece yet. I have the same issue on my 62 wagon. Haven't looked around but assume I'll have to have it made as well. Keep up the great work!

Allan

5. Wowcars

Wowcars

9 days without an update. You're killing us man...

6. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

just a quick Monday up date , sorry guys things have been crazy non stop again and ill get back to you all when I can , with the horn ring I feel like im missing something that is keeping it from staying stationary
    <TABLE cellPadding=6 width=600><TBODY><TR><TD align=center>[​IMG]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

on another note ive been priming and doing a lot of final block sanding on the last bit of parts I have , all the parts that are going dark green are ready to be sprayed , im still working on the light green parts (the hood front lower valance and that kinda stuff , the hood has been sucking up a lot of time especially the under side .
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    <TABLE cellPadding=6 width=600><TBODY><TR><TD align=center>[​IMG]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

even customizing the license plate , when all said and done and I grind the welds , there will be no visable bolts holding the plate on .

7. oldman2

oldman2

All the bits and pieces take so much time, but it's looking good. Wish I could help with the horn ring, but don't have a clue....Jim

8. one2roc

one2roc

It can be tough juggling all the day to day tasks and keep the details of ones own project in check. There's only so many hours in a day and let's not forget family..... You're on the path to success Cody, keep up the great work!

9. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

another Monday update ,ON SCHEDULE this time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

also finished up my custom no bolt holes license plate

[​IMG]

just some wire lacing

[​IMG]

10. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

I hope by now you've figured out there more then a couple of items you're missing in the horn ring...the internal turn signal switch, horn button, turn signal canceler and a couple of other parts...IF that is a Chevelle wheel (and it looks like it to me), check out Eckler's for those parts...or Classic Industries...they should have what you need...

R-

11. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

yes I was very impressed with dennis work , thanks for the kind words
    thanks jim ,

nope not yet just been too busy

thank you
    sorry just been to busy ,

thank you

very cool , yes he seemed like an awesome preson an we just chatted on the phone

thank you

thank you for taking the time and checking it out

nope not yet just too busy with everything else , but I plan on making it

I know I know
    yes they do ,
    exactly , it just seems like the days are running together

12. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

thanks for looking that up , I actually have that piece , what I need to know is what keep the horn ring stationary

13. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

its a 64 Pontiac grand prix wheel, its totally different , I have everything I need except on part that keep the horn ring stationary

14. Cshabang

Cshabang

hey buddy! cant wait to see it done!!! I gotta get a closer look at how you did the "wire tying" love the plate idea btw

Last edited: Aug 26, 2013
  15. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

you and me both , with the wire , its called wire lacing , it was done quite a bit back in the day , I found out how to do it on line . once you get the hang of it it goes pretty quick ,

16. Cshabang

Cshabang

so did you lay out the spacing when you did the lacing?....haha

17. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

na I just eyeballed it

18. Cshabang

Cshabang

sure you did...you have worse OCD then I do....haha

19. Cody, on the horn ring, I'm thinking there is a a spring loaded lock ring in the middle that twist locks onto the steering wheel. It has been YEARS since I've looked at the back one (my 64 currently has a not stock wheel on it). Unfortunately, my stock wheel is in storage 30 miles away and I can't get to it at the moment. Be several weeks at least. As soon as I can, I will go retrieve it and take pictures of all of it so you can see what bits you are missing.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

20. oldman2

oldman2

Cody, everything looking great...Jim

21. Buzznut

Buzznut

Cody, I'm amazed at your ability to polish just about anything.

Maybe you could give me some feedback on something. I don't want to hijack this thread so I'll message you with my question.

22. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Haha , I actually did

23. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Monday picture update time
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

24. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

25. oldman2

oldman2

Details in building a car are what makes them special, and you keep nailing it each time...Jim

26. rattlesnakehoey

rattlesnakehoey
    from Australia

Unfreakin' believable. Keep it coming. Thumbs up from Down Under.

27. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

Keep it up, it is really coming together and will be winning awards in no time.

28. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cody, I've always wondered what happens when you tighten nuts and bolts down over a painted surface? Are you just letting what happens happen, or are you taking some precautions to preserve your beautifully prepared parts?

29. one2roc

one2roc

This is better than reality television, I can't wait till the next installment! Keep up the great work Cody........

30. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

just a quick out of the blue picture update

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 4, 2013