Register now to get rid of these ads!

6x2 Hemi intake power valve questions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 31pickemup, Sep 3, 2013.

1. 31pickemup

31pickemup

Hey Gang
    I just started my hemi up and I just ran it on the two primary carburators for starters. I blocked off the outer four carbs and ran straight linkage. I'm actually not going to run all six in the future. My intentions are to run the outer four carbs and block off the center two. My question is this. Has anybody ran a multi-carb setup without power valves? I've asked a bunch of different people and everyone has a different opinion. Some say you have to have power valves and others say you dont. I'm confused. Any help out there?

Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
  2. ManiacT

ManiacT

Hey 31, It's good to run the center carb on each side with a power valve. The outer four can then use dummy power valves. Or on some applications can use a different number valve so as not to flood the engine. Depends on how much fuel the engine will take as most 6x2 set up's will run too rich. Hope this helps.

3. 31pickemup

31pickemup

Maniac I'm not running progressive linkage so i either have to run all six or the outer four. The two centers that I'm running off of now just aren't enough to run my 392 with any performance.

4. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

I would block all the power valves and run the four carbs. They should supply enough fuel without the power valve functions etc.
    I ran my 322 GMC six for a few years with five carbs, it hated trying to run with anything less. We just blocked the power valves and then jetted the carbs . Ran very good all ranges...