Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical hubs for buick brake drums

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Fenderless Freddy, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Can anyone post a pic of the wheel hubs that are used on the 45 finned buick brake drums? It would be greatly appreciated.

Fenderless

2. gasheat

gasheat
    from Dallas

3. thanks but not what i'm looking for. I need to know what the hubs look like on the mounting surface side to the finned drums.any one?????
    Fenderless

4. revkev6

revkev6
    from ma

what are you looking to do?? are you converting the drums to ford hubs??

5. F&J

F&J

if you need a pic of the back side of the later 40s Ford front hubs? I can do that tommorrow.

At least I think I have the hubs that originally went on the outside of a stock later 40s drum.

6. F-6Garagerat

F-6Garagerat

I've converted 2 sets to Ford Hubs. The Buick hubs are just flat on the back side with a bearing race portion that sticks through the drum hole. Nothing special really.

7. F&J

F&J

I have not done any, but I think the hubs are the later 40s that were on the outside of the Ford drums.

One thing worth mentioning if buying used hubs; there are 5 recesses in the Ford drums that collected dirt, mud, and water, behind those hubs, so you will see minor to major pitting there. But it won't cause any issues IMO

8. F-6Garagerat

F-6Garagerat

The OP wanted to know what the back of the BUICK hubs looked like, not the Fords use to do the swap.

9. To cover all the bases, in the front is the Ford hub commonly used with Buick drums and in the back is a stock Buick hub that was removed from a 45 fin drum. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1378262408.535290.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!