Register now to get rid of these ads!

56 Chevy pickup suspension questions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 56 Chevy Pickup, Sep 3, 2013.

1. 56 Chevy Pickup

56 Chevy Pickup
    from Arizona

I purchased a 56 Chevy pickup recently. I would like to build a retro-rod; keep the original look but put modern running gear and suspension in it. I am thinking of an LS-1, 700R, and 12 bolt for running gear. I have looked at several suspension options, and have more questions than answers. I prefer not to make the truck too low.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you

2. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

An LS engine isn't a HAMB friendly engine and that is especially so with the Boss's new policies. .

That engine is well accepted over here = http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=13 though and the Task force brigade there is up on chassis and suspension mods Check it out, I think it is a better fit for what you want to do with your truck. Now if you are Talking 327 with camel humps, dropped axle and old style mags or steelies this is the place.

3. Model T1

Model T1

This post right here is why I can see the HAMB needs to refocus and stick to traditional questions. I'm all for the guy doing what he wants but not here.

4. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

I'm refraining to respond to the OP....I'm in refocus mode. :)

Last edited: Sep 3, 2013

5. 56 Chevy Pickup

56 Chevy Pickup
    from Arizona

Mr 48 Chevy,

I didn't know there were accepted and not accepted engines... I was told by an old hot rodder that this would be a good forum to get help.

I do have an L-79 327, 350 HP sitting out back, runs great. I am looking for a daily driver.

I will leave the forum, sure don't want to tick others off.

Thanks

6. 56 Chevy Pickup

56 Chevy Pickup
    from Arizona

Mr 48 Chevy,

You are from Yakima? I grew up in Zillah.

Thanks

7. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

Join us at Dogfight, we'll get you plenty of answers.

8. blyndgesser

blyndgesser
    from Georgia

I second VoodooTwin's recommendation. HAMB is for "traditional rods and customs" only, while Dogfight is much broader (with many of the same people).

9. 117harv

117harv

The Dogfight membership will be growing in the coming weeks for sure.

10. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Whatever good that will do. It's having problems too. Like a time limit to post a thread before it logs you off. Or, if you get up for a bit and come back, you're logged off. I'm having problems with my album over there, but I guess all the focus is on the HAMB right now.

Dogfight moves slow, but there are some cool projects over there.