Register now to get rid of these ads!

Why Do My Threads Keep Getting Deleted?

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by LittleBritishCar, Sep 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LittleBritishCar

LittleBritishCar
    from Napa, CA

I tried to post a question asking for help with the 1950 hotrod pickup that I recently purchased and the thread was immediately deleted with the explanation that this is a traditional hotrod forum. I read the link and terms and didn’t see where I violated any rules. So I figure that - since I didn’t specify that it is a hotrod - I should reword it, which I did, then reposted it with the updated rewording. It was immediately deleted again. I tried to email the moderator and it wouldn’t let me because it is blocked. I really don’t understand what is going on, especially since my questions are MUCH more to the point than 75% of the other threads on the forum!

Moderator - please explain - this is very discouraging. I come here excited and go home with my tail between my legs. Not cool

Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
  2. SMOG_GUY

SMOG_GUY
    from Dinuba

We've all been deleted at one point or another.
    This place can be tough on new guys.
    Dust yourself off and hang out for awhile.
    Then try again
    And Oh, don't take it personally!

3. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Disc brakes, power steering, etc... Sorry man, we are trying to focus on traditional cars here.

4. LittleBritishCar

LittleBritishCar
    from Napa, CA

5. B Bay Barn

B Bay Barn

6. LittleBritishCar

LittleBritishCar
    from Napa, CA

God forbid somebody would actually want to make their daily driver safe!

7. Sounds like sour grapes to me, thousands of cars & trucks are safely driving on the roads today with drum brakes and straight axles and I would think 99% of them are as safe or safer that any independent disc brake car. HRP

8. Model T1

Model T1

I understand deleting for late model mods. I also realized many of us got hooked with all of these modern upgrades and tech stories in so called hot rod magazines showing us how we need to use this modern stuff, especially when they are advertising it.
    I too used rack and pinion, power brakes, alternator and all that other stuff as I attempted to build old skool cars. It's just the way it's done so we followed the flock. That don't make it right with traditional rods. But it does make driving an old car like driving Mom's Prius.
    The part that puzzles me is why guys buy old cars and trucks then try to make them look new with modern dashs, seats, etc. along with the mechanical ugrades?
    Hell this will probably get deleted because I went on a tangent. At least I do understand now and hope this helps someone else.

9. 117harv

117harv

The pro street meats out back didn't help either.

The dogfight forum would be a place to post about it, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the link.

10. LittleBritishCar

LittleBritishCar
    from Napa, CA

I guess it is a slippery slope so I respect the moderators right to draw the line somewhere. If I was a healthy guy I would be driving a 32 roadster with a flathead and drum brakes. Unfortunately I have health issues that prevent me from wrestling with the manual steering, clutches, and drum brakes of yesteryear. And with no clearly defined meaning of "traditional" hotrod, I have no idea what can and cannot be posted.

By the way, I hope somebody tells George Barris and Bill Hines to stop using disk brakes on their cars because they are not "traditional hotrods" and their build threads may be deleted. :rolleyes:

Oh well, of to other "friendly" forums.

11. ParkinsonSpeed

ParkinsonSpeed

I'm only putting disc's on my gasser falcon because its cheaper to buy new..... Otherwise i wouldn't mind if i got handed down a freebie with drums.... I think it makes this forum unique and more focus on learning and not so much parts changing techniques.

12. Don't be a brat, it doesn't work well around here.
    Sounds like you could learn a lot of the right stuff around here if you wanted to bring your truck more into traditional lines.

You might like dogfight and they will probably enjoy your truck as is there.

This is a great place and if you want to talk about or show what you are building it needs to fit it, sorry that's the rules on the only traditional hotroding and customs message board.

13. You can also post your truck on any of the classic truck social groups......lots to choose from.

14. LittleBritishCar

LittleBritishCar
    from Napa, CA

So I called my great uncle this evening to ask him what a traditional hotrod is. I will not mention his name but most hotrod people would probably ask for his autograph. He is hard of hearing so it is difficult to talk to him on the phone but he told me that in the early days (late 30s through early 70s) they used whatever they could get their hands on to make their cars go, including a few parts from newer cars. He told me that there has always been debates about what a real hotrod is going all the way back to the early lake racing days when they used to make cars out of airplane tanks and the guys building from regular street cars wanted to ban them. He didn't really answer my question but it was interesting. He also said that trucks are not hotrods period. Oh well.

15. If I was wearing ladies underwear I wouldn't broadcast it . some things are better left unsaid.... with that said what does your "little hot rod pickup" have going for it that really is traditional?

16. SMOG_GUY

SMOG_GUY
    from Dinuba

LBC you can drop famous names here. I'm easily impressed anyway.
    Glad you stuck around.
    Sounds like you have this stuff in your blood.

17. I think that there is a lot of confusion between the terms "traditional" and "period correct". The use of parts from newer cars has been around since the beginning, i.e. "traditional" but the use of disc brakes, power steering and the like, although "traditional" in use, is not period correct. This forum focuses on pre '65 american vehicles and those things would not of been used.
    Did that make any sense? All this arguing over whats traditional is giving me a headache!

18. You should have your uncle drop by here and share some stories.

19. RPM

RPM

You might want to try www.hotrodrefuge.com a very friendly hot rod site. They don't care about traditional.

20. 1954fordkustom

1954fordkustom

drive your truck till the wheels fall off bro. I'm a traditionalist myself but vintage steel is vintage steel keep the hobby alive and just drive

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

21. jesse1980

jesse1980

Wow, power steering has been around before 65. My 63 Catalina has power steering, and as for disc brakes, I seen a lot of old roadsters on here with them, but I guess it's ok because they were built by "hot rod royalty" somewhere in Southern California.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.