Register now to get rid of these ads!

Looking for Poker Run game ideas

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Humboldt Cat, Sep 2, 2013.

1. Humboldt Cat

Humboldt Cat
    from Eureka, CA

I'm managing a poker run for a local car show, this week, trying to help my hosts come up with some simple game ideas for their stops. I used to host a stop at our dragstrip, did the belt toss, although people ended up getting out of their ride for that one.
    Years ago our club hosted one outside our shop, an old fashioned lowrider game of knocking a pack of smokes down. But being that my show is a beneficiary for Boys and Girls Club...
    (although that year it was Make A Wish Foundation... not that it was anymore appropiate...). Thanks for any tips, I got writers' block on this.

2. ...give the participant a plastic drinking straw, have them suck a popped popcorn kernel out of a bowl AND HOLD IT ON THE END OF THE STRAW,and walk around their car once;...sounds easy, but try it once.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
  3. Dennis D

Dennis D

Two that I have done in the past. Have a start-finish line on the pavement. Distance is up to you. Pull the car to the start line and let the driver see the finish line. Then blindfold the driver and tell him to pull forward and stop as close to the finish line as he can. Closest one gets the extra points.

Best one was the blind autocross course. Set up a small course with cones and blindfold the driver and have the passenger (navigator) direct the driver through the course. It gets real funny when the navigator starts pointing the way when the driver can't see because of the blindfold. Caution, may cause lackanookie for the driver! Dennis D

4. Humboldt Cat

Humboldt Cat
    from Eureka, CA

Interesting ideas, thanks!

5. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Years ago I was in charge of setting up a poker run and to get cards you had to drive to and walk into various establishments to pick a card. I had the guys stopping at massage parlors and other well known dens of sin. Everybody seemed to have a good time ;)
    Probably not appropriate for your show,sorry.

6. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

Set up a board with nails and numbered spaces and then hang playing cards, team selects 2 cards to try and get a matched pair. When there is time re-shuffle cards to eliminate texting of pairs

7. customrod48

customrod48

I fixed up a bycicle tire on a tripod and attached playing cards to the rim. I fixed a pointer on the tripod so it pointed to a card when the rim stopped. The driver or passenger spun the tire, they get the card that the pointer stops on.

8. greybeard360

greybeard360

I had set up several poker runs for our Mopar club. A couple of years I did some trivia questions and questions about different things along the route. This was used more as a tie breaker for the poker hands but also had a few door prizes for the highest scores on the quiz.

One of my favorites the just about all of the Mopars guys missed.... how many 440 6 paks came with factory air???

9. Roothawg

Roothawg

Staple a couple of decks of cards to a sheet of plywood, have people throw darts at the cards they want.

10. Scavenger hunt along the route -

Like drink coaster from local establishment
    Bag from Walmart
    Get the picture?

Guess the number of bolts in a jar.
    Balance a beach ball on a blowgun air stream or shop vac
    Tire roll for accuracy, distance, or tire bowling

What the hell is it type part ID
    Trivia questions

11. aircap

aircap

^^^ Kinda weird first post. ^^^

12. Have a bucket or jar on the ground and if the driver can drive up and drop a dollar in the jar without getting out of the car they get an extra card, or some other kind of prize and of course you keep all the money in the jar....and on the ground.

13. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Hey Humboldt Cat! Clean out your PM box. I can't return your PM as it says your inbox is full and wont accept anymore messages!

14. Pat Thompson

Pat Thompson

Used to go to a Rod Run that gave out candy at every stop. The car that didn't eat any and handed it back in at the last stop won a prize.