Register now to get rid of these ads!

Norcal reliability run ... Anyone up for it ????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dad's 1932, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Dad's 1932

Dad's 1932
    from Santa Rosa

Hello , As many of you know and have been a part of , Dave ( Redbeard on here ) has put on some awesome reliability runs over the years . Normally he has his 2nd run of the year on Labor day weekend , specifically September 1st this year . Dave has been extremely busy with a huge project he took on and had to make a tough choice that he wouldn't be able to pull it off this year . Myself and a friend ask him if he minded if we took his idea for this year and tried to put one together . He was all for it but now we have to decide if there is enough time to get it organized . I know it is short notice so that may play a big factor in getting something going . I am putting this out there to see what everyone thinks that may want to attend .
    I can tell you we would meet in Petaluma area on Sunday , Sept 1st ( labor day weekend ) in the morning . The run would be aprox 150 miles from that point . I am not sure if we would go to a lunch stop or just stop along side the road for a picnic lunch . We would end up at some sort of food/drink spot to finish the day .
    This is a run for 1940 and earlier vehicles . It is supposed to be for traditional or old school or what ever you would like to call it vehicles. So generally no IFS/Automatics/billet/tune port 5.7l etc etc . You get the idea . There are always exception to every rule .
    This is still Dave's run . We would just be doing most of the work in organizing it and trying to keep the tradition going while Dave has an overflowing plate :D

Let me know what you think. PM me / post here to keep this at the top / or call me 7072178751 or all the above !! Thanks all .

2. 4inchstroke

4inchstroke

3. Craig Owens

Craig Owens

I'm interested, but you know my car...sbc, 350 turbo trans. Is that a deal killer?

4. I am in for sure, the Reliability Run has always been the best event of the year in my mind.

5. Fenders

Fenders

Maybe you can follow them but you can't eat lunch with them.... :mad:

6. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Or buy lunch.

Too reliable, pour some oil in the gas and foul a few plugs. :)

Nice looking car.

7. percifab

percifab
    from Dixon,CA

I'm in. Didn't make it last year. I've been waiting for this to come around all year.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

8. Craig Owens

Craig Owens

Another Nor Cal Reliability Run is behind us, and everyone that went along for the ride had a great time (except for Gary, who had a tire blow out on his Ford truck right at the end of the run). Perfect weather, and great scenery...Thanks for putting the run together, Mike & Amy!

21 cars & trucks showed up this time. Anyone within driving distance oughta do this run next time it comes around. It's a chance to meet some hot rodders you might not have run in to, see some sights most of us would never see on our own, and it's a nice change from the car show scene. Here're a few pictures...if anyone else has got some pictures, post 'em.

Attached Files:

9. percifab

percifab
    from Dixon,CA

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1378186964.404338.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1378187001.895556.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1378187020.701824.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

10. Bad Daddy

Bad Daddy

Another fun day in the sun!

Attached Files: