Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1936 Chevy truck build thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by skippycraig, Dec 26, 2011.

1. skippycraig

skippycraig
    from Washington

Bought some steel floor pans from eray fit OK but will make for a starting point. Need to push pedal area out a little and make a tunnel still.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

2. Diggin' the white wheel and shift knob

3. pila38

pila38

I'm in love with this truck, it just looks right. Congrats on the first drive!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

4. Spoonman34

Spoonman34

Nice ride Reading this thread helps motivate me to get back working on my 35 tall cab.

5. dd2492

dd2492
    from michigan

Your truck looks great been workin on my 36 for 3 years was wondering what size tires and rims you used they look perfect.:D

6. akinser

akinser
    from lndiana

Nice truck.I joined this forum when I saw what you were doing.
    I'm just starting a build on my 36" and need the front fender supports. I'm trying to gather all my parts. It would be great if I could get the 37' door pillar and cowl metal also. Anybody got a few parts laying around?

7. How's the project going Skippy!

8. TMoney

TMoney

Hey man, interested in your engine for sale. It won't let me message you because you have too many saved messages. PM me your info and I will give you a call.

9. roncravens

roncravens

Did you own a 1954 station wagon that was sold in 2009 I think I may have purchased that car looking for some info would like to contact you email [email protected]

10. mjhartz87

mjhartz87
    from Conroe TX

hey skippy love the truck. im currently working on a 36 low cab and i was wondering if you still have dimensions for setting the radior perch of your cross member. im using a 37 chassis so i have had to alter some things and i am close but not spot on.. i have some pictures for you to somewhat look at on a thread i started. any help would be greatly apreciated!!

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?p=9655556#post9655556

11. Love your truck! Any chance you have pictures of how you mounted the caravan seat to your riser. I am building a 38 Chevy pickup presently...where are you located in WA?

12. Król

Król

Great build! Just read your whole tread. I just started a 36 Chevy low cab build myself love these trucks. I'm using a slightly warmed over 250 I6, T5, S10 Blazer rear end. I plan to use a dropped straight axle. Just the inspiration I needed. What brake, clutch pedal assy. are you using?

13. I know this is a extremely old post. I'm looking for info on what's involved with modifying the floor board and firewall in a 36 chevy truck low cab. Any info would be appreciated.

14. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

Good morning. It has been a while since I did the modification but it was really just removing the old firewall, making and installing a new flat firewall, making a new floor that was flat all the way to the new firewall, making and installing closeouts for the trans. All of this was done with the cab off. I will send you a conversation to see if you have any additional questions.......