Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Who is currently building a RADICAL KUSTOM? lets see 'em..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kustom7777, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Redz Rodz

Redz Rodz

earl i'm diggin' the t-bird / ranchero,i'm workin on a 50 caddy / el camino , i know what ya mean about flow !!

2. Do any of our's come close ????

The Erickson's / Extreme Kustoms 951 678-3520

Attached Files:

3. mikes51

mikes51

There's a four door Merc you guys did which might no be radical looking from the outside. But both of the doors on the side of the car opened and there was no post at all, that was pretty radical.

4. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

Earl Sheib....i'm SO glad you posted that...i've always loved your design on that car, and it definitely qualifies as a RADICAL kustom...

happy that there are pics in HAMB land now, so other people can admire your vision....

EXK...LOVE the car with the fins in the lower left pic....any more pictures of that one,,,,and some more info?

5. 'Mo

'Mo

I'll hazzard a guess that it's the T-Bird in the photo next to it.

6. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

i was thinking the same thing...i'd love to see MORE pics

7. Mike is this the one you are thinking of ????? If so we had to stop work on that merc back in 2009 but yesterday i got a call from it's owner and we are talking about bring it back in.

Rick Erickson / Extreme Kustoms 951 678-3520

Attached Files:

8. chaddilac

chaddilac

Very nice Rick!!!! Dig that merc!!

9. Yep it's a 63 bird and it is one of my personal kustom so it never get's any attension. I put a wrap around windshield i got off the rear of a 1959 Rambler (Rambler used saftey glass front and rear) I plan to make the roof a double bubble and will open when the door is opened. I have also already made rear skirts that fully cover the rear tires. It had a big gas guseler 390 FE that was starting to show its age so i replaced it with a low millage bigger gas guseler with a 1970 Caddy 500 coupled to a 4L80

Rick Erickson / Extreme Kustoms 951 678-3520

Attached Files:

10. bent metal

bent metal

Wooow! I'm diggin' it. But what's going on with the tail lights? Love the window lines in that chop. ...Beautiful.:)

11. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

I am not a huge fan of 60's t-birds,but this one looks pretty cool!
    I hope you'll get some time work with it at some day,that could look like a helluva kustom when its done.

12. Marcy

Marcy

Just 'cause I like you Kustom7777 and we've talked about this one a bit
    [​IMG]
    One of my many stupid projects currently under way, not radical in a "show car" sense, but several cars have died so this one can live.;)
    Front and rear tires will be fully skirted---early concourse influence.

Marcy

13. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

EXK,,,,that t-bird kicks all kinds of ass!!

marcy,,,thanks for finally letting me see the car...it's gonna be AMAZING

14. Buzznut

Buzznut

I don't care who you are...there's nothing about this not to like. Can't wait to see where it goes...sweet!

15. twisted sister

twisted sister
    from chicago

in the pic I don't have my cryhsler tail lights in. it looks a little odd in the pic without them. thanks for the kind words bent metal!

16. Marcy

Marcy

It's getting there---props to Kenny Baker aka choprods for sharing my vision, or at least humoring me...

Marcy

17. mikes51

mikes51

Yea, that's the one. Just waiting for a wild interior design with that wide open look. I never saw the front end pics, that's pretty wild, molded in bullets.

18. fleet-master

fleet-master

Marcy...that's one car that NEEDS a build thread!!! Awesome. Please post more pics!

19. Earl and Rick I am digging both those T-Birds! I'd love either one in my garage.

20. RR496

RR496

Twisted Sister: Your ride is RAD!

21. Caddy-O

Caddy-O

...Loving this one:

[​IMG]

22. There are some really great cars on this thread. It's nice to see all of the pure imagination, instead of all of the "same old same old" stuff that we usually see.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
  23. This is the beginning of my radical 56 Dodge custom Royal four door speedster, shaved handles, 54 Corvette grill, 53 Buick headlights ...

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1381804122.869081.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1381804148.282893.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

24. That looks like a good start for a unique project! I'm not sure about the front end idea, however. You have a '56 Dodge, which is a totally unique car and is almost never seen customized. Using the same-old same-old '53 Buick headlights and '54 Corvette grill that have been used dozens if not hundreds of times in custom cars over the decades I think would serve to make the car LESS, not more "custom". Everyone who sees those parts will know what they came from, because they have seen those same parts used so many times before.

I would strive for something other than taking a really unique car and customizing it to look like countless others before it. You have the best resource for photos and reference material at your fingertips: the internet! As I'm sure you're aware, many of the best and most famous cars built by Barris, Bailon, Winfield, The Alexander Brothers, Bill Cushenberry, etc. etc. had grilles that were constructed from a variety of parts from different cars in order to form something unique. There are tons and tons of cars over the decades that have grilles and other parts that could be fashioned into something really great that would leave people scratching their heads as to their origins, and you would get a lot of compliments on going that route rather than just going with something which has been done so many times before.

I don't mean to be critical; to the contrary I really like your project idea and that is why I took the time to write. I don't usually like to critique other people's plans, but I think you have the chance here for something really great, and I just wanted to offer my 2 cents. No bad feelings intended, just take it for what it's worth. Good luck on whatever route you choose to go with it. Doing something like that isn't for the faint of heart, and I wish you the best of luck with it!

Last edited: Feb 2, 2014
  25. Peanut 1959

Peanut 1959

X2.

Part of the allure of the successful early radical customs, IMHO, was the combination of parts that made you think "Wow, I've never seen anything like that before." Of course it also takes a good eye for proportion, surface transition, line, and texture.
    Peanut 1959
    OT Studebaker Lark VI

26. Hurley50

Hurley50
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NC

Any more pictures of this one? Looks like it started as a 50 stude, any mods to the front??

waylow64bird likes this.
  27. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

I haven't been able to get much done lately. Life is kind of busy right now. Stu^^^^

28. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

Not trying to be too harsh here, but a lot of these chops show poor proportion and flow... just sayin....

29. waylow64bird

waylow64bird
    from Buffalo MN

What tail lights are those Stu D Baker they look like two packerd lights

Sent from my SM-G530T using H.A.M.B. mobile app

30. I believe they are '60 Chrysler lights.