Register now to get rid of these ads!

Let's see some 50's frame build pictures!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mike6Kerns, Sep 1, 2013.

1. Mike6Kerns

Mike6Kerns

I am in the process of rebuild the suspension on my 53 Bel Air and cleaning it up for paint.

Rebuilding the original front with parts from Kanter and getting ready to install a notch to the rear.

Been going back and forth with the idea of 60's truck arms for the rear setup.

The other is the trans crossmember, to cut the original or install a tube one.

So here are some pictures of mine.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. chaddilac

chaddilac

that looks great!! About to start on mine for my 51 chevy coupe.

3. A few of the 1954 "Ranch Wagon" frame during construction,,HRP

sandblasted,,

[​IMG]

primed..

[​IMG]

assembled..

[​IMG]

5-speed drop out cross member..

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 1, 2013
  4. Mike6Kerns

Mike6Kerns

Chaddilac - Good Luck with the 51! Hope your frame doesn't have as much undercoating as mine did. Had to use a scaler, paint stripper, and glass media.

HOTRODPRIMER - How many bags of media did you use? It took me 3 bags of glass to clean my frame. Frame looks nice!

5. Boosted54

Boosted54

This is for my 54

Attached Files:

6. This is one I have been working on for my 51 it almost done!
    [​IMG]

7. I don't remember how many bags it took to blast the frame,but I sandblasted every piece of the frame,the entire body,inside and out and all the interior dash and garnish moldings,,including the seat frames.

I know I used 33 one hundred pound bags of sand,,yeah,,,,,,,,3,300 lbs.,,did I mention that I hate sandblasting. HRP

8. tattedfordguy

tattedfordguy

I love looking at frame laying on the ground...

9. tattedfordguy

tattedfordguy

Almost ready to start on the 55 f100 frame this one is gonna have a camaro front end and I'm torn between a notch or z the rear. The goal is as low as possible with no bags

Attached Files:

10. happy hoppy

happy hoppy

11. Used Up Junk

Used Up Junk
    from Merced, CA

Chassis I built for a '49 Ford I am working on.

[​IMG]

12. Thought I'd lower the tone. Cleanin' up my '56 aussie front crossmember piece. Gets amazing how stuff was driven with parts missing, generally botched. New mount rubbers & bolts & paint it black- should be nice.

Attached Files:

13. dan31

dan31

If your going to bag it a truck arm set up would work and you could go with a two piece driveshaft so that you would not have to re work as much tunnel area at the back seat.I used a gambeano(spelling) step notch and it worked great.I went with 3 drop posies springs and 23/4 blocks so im right at the scrub line.The height of the rear wheel well lip is 18 1/2 off grade.