Register now to get rid of these ads!

Greenfield Iowa Swap Meet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gasserlouie, Sep 4, 2012.

1. chevydave1965

chevydave1965
    from Iowa

Well had an awesome time at swapmeet !! Found some great deals.
    Chatted with alchemy & cornfed and met malcom. Great day !!

2. No Plan

No Plan

What a great day saturday was! DID NOT SLEEP Friday night!; Helped Crazy Legs (my son) run his OT,N20 C5 Corvette at Midnight Madess at Eddyville (1/8 mi) in Fastest Street Car Shootout (was runner up!-new career best 6.49-106mph) we got home LATE, or early!;could NOTget to sleep!- was back to his house at 5:40am to load a 9" rear, & leave for Greenfield!We saw lots of old friends-(Malcom's roadster is just super neat!). I had forgotten how big Greenfield's swap meeting is. Freak'n huge!more stuff there for customs than any where I've been to in years! Biggest moment of the day was when Eric found a Complete 54 Chevy grille!(for his 54 Ford)-& it was Very well priced!Been looking for 1 for a year!was completely shot from walking & no sleep.--Then on the way home left the 9" off to get rebuild in Pella & had a long talk w/ Jay, whom Eric bought his 54 from.-got back home in time to clean up & w/ my wife go back to Eric's to pick them up & take our daughter in law, grand daughter Gracie, & Eric out for her birthday dinner (Chinese)!It was a great loooong weekend!

Last edited: Sep 9, 2012
  3. alchemy

alchemy

Sold some, bought some, carried a lot back home. Overall another great Greenfield weekend.

My best purchase was a Bullseye hammer/pick set in a special carrying case. Two large bullseye hammers from probably the 30's or 40's with many different tips, in the original wooden case.

Also bought an S-10 T5, Mopar double dip tube axle, '32 clutch arm ($15!), and a 36 driveshaft in clean bare metal like it was made yesterday. Chrome headers here we come!

4. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

It sounds like we need to have a HAMB meet n greet next year. It seems like Hambers tend to go to more swapmeets than carshows.

5. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Good to see some of you guys there.

6. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Great to see a bunch of you guys there!
    Enjoyed the drive across Highway 92 early Saturday morning in the Roadster. Sold most of what I stuffed in the trunk and didn't get a chance to walk around much. Had to get back home... Best part was getting to just hang out and BS with everyone!

Malcolm

7. Green AD

Green AD
    from Iowa

Would anyone care to revive this thread? Update it for 2013?

I'll be a complete newbie this year if I decide to go. Right now, for me, it's a toss up between Greenfield and the semi-annual fairgrounds meet. I made a couple killer deals at the Spring fairgrounds meet, so I'm kind of partial. I'm trying to figure logistics to do BOTH, since I've heard so much about Greenfield, including this thread.

Fill me in, brothers........

8. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

It's been a while since I was at Greenfield, but it was a good swap.

9. Green AD

Green AD
    from Iowa

My mistake on the dates of the Des Moines Swap Meet and Flea market. I just found out it will actually Friday, Sept 20, and Saturday, September 21. Greenfield is September 6,7 and 8.

So, it looks like I'll be good to go to both if I can convince my wife to give me an advance on my allowance!

10. T_Bird Guy

T_Bird Guy

I will be there Friday and Saturday. It is a good swap meet. I always find stuff there.