Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 36-taildragger.....Made in Sweden

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Kenneth31coupe, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Had a few hours left today so I went out in the garage to make some progress on the 36. The quarter panel on passenger side has been repaired once in the past so the new patch I have wasn´t big enough to cover the earlier repair.Made a new pieace to lengthen the patch and tacked them together before it got on the car.This patch got the same treatment in the Pullmax as the front patch to get the right crowning. They are delivered as flat as the roof of a model-T so they need some work before they fit properly

[​IMG]

Here it is tacked in place ready for welding.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
    chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. Thanks a lot .Much apreciated

3. Looks great Kenneth. But that's so not fair you have the pullmax to add the crown to the flat as hell patches. I had hours in the large one I had to add the crown too. Keep up the good work. Later Kipp

4. Thanks Kipp.The pullmax makes a hell of a job that´s for sure and I´m glad I have it.Had about ten minutes in mine:D

5. Here´s a small update from last few days.Have made the lower piece for the wheelwell.Started with a plate cut out of sheet metal

[​IMG]

Made a small recess were the subrail will attache.
    [​IMG]

Then I made the bead for strength and it will conect to the original beads in the well
    [​IMG]

Here it is after the Pullmax. The bead in the middle is to be worked out to flow with the rest.
    [​IMG]

I have made this tool for hammering beads.
    [​IMG]

Used that tool to hammer out the bead and round the corners for a smothe transition to the bottom bead.
    [​IMG]

This is how it looks afterwards.
    [​IMG]

Made a plate to clamp the sheet between for making the recessed part were the bolts will be.Put it in a hydraulic press and you have a recess.
    [​IMG]

Here it is.
    [​IMG]

Then some time in the Pullmax again this time with doming dies to radius the front part.
    [​IMG]

Here it is done and drilled with some 1/4" holes for spotwelding against the subrail.
    [​IMG]

6. attitudor

attitudor
    from Finland

Impressive! One of the best project diaries on the HAMB for a while. And the car is cool too. Thanks for sharing.

--mika

7. sled

sled

You got some skills ,hat off to you amigo ...I feel really proud that my ex 36 is in GREAT hands!!!

8. longgoner

longgoner
    from western ny

9. I've read this entire thread about three times, great build and even better work by you! Keep going.

10. Bitchen panel Kenneth looks totally OEM.

11. Thanks for the kind words Mika.

Thanks Reno. Trying to give your old lady the best treatment I possible can.

Thanks

Thanks.

Thanks Kipp.

12. emiliedk

emiliedk
    from denmark

Kenneth...you have some amazing skills!
    Thanks for taking the time to post!
    -Palle

13. Thanks Palle.

14. Have been a little busy last couple of days but today I got a few hours left after work so I have the patch for the wheel well tacked in now.Not mutch of a progress but a little bit here and a little bit there is better than nothing:)

[​IMG]

15. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

Looks like it fit great in there.Seeing stuff like this makes me wanna buy a Pullmax.Keep up the good work!

16. Thanks Finnrodder.If you want a Pullmax I might know of one for sale.

17. heyitsnate

heyitsnate

This is great! Can I get a peek of the rear of the wheelwell..im interested to see where you made the cuts

18. Model-A-Bomb

Model-A-Bomb
    from Orlando,FL

Leave it to the Swedes to build something badass! Way To Go! subscribed.

19. Don´t have any good pics of that part yet but I will post one as soon as I can.

Thanks Model-A-Bomb

20. chaddilac

chaddilac

Awesome work... BTW Model T roof's aren't flat!! :)

21. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

Thanks for the offer,but i have to pass that one.I've planned to buy one for awhile,but at the moment i am out of space.So i have to get rid of something before i can bring new toys in the garage..

22. Thanks chaddilac

I´ve put mine on wheels so when needed I can roll it up against the wall.Very usefull in tight spaces.

23. tbauer

tbauer

Thanks for posting! Great metal skills!

24. Thanks tbauer

25. Time for another small update.This pic is for Heyitsnate.Have cut out the rotted parts and will repair the inner piece before I cover it up.Not sure if this is what you was asking for Nate if not just hit me again.

[​IMG]

Also made this piece to cover the hole in the wheel well
    [​IMG]

26. heyitsnate

heyitsnate

Exactly! Thanks!

27. cleatus

cleatus
    from Sacramento

Thanks for taking all the time and trouble to show how you are making these parts.
    I love looking at this stuff

28. Thanks cleatus.I hope it ´s bringing some light and being to some help for other builders on here.I myself like to watch buildthreads like this and learning a lot from them .
    By the way I love your Chevy.Would like to see it finished in gloss paint.Is it something you´re planning or are you keeping it in primer?

29. cleatus

cleatus
    from Sacramento

Someday yes. Right now I am sanding it down for new primer, but I still want to make some significant changes before I move to painting it. I don't want to paint it and then sit around and agonize over all the things I still don't like well enough to leave alone.
    Basically ... I mostly just like messing around with it, more than I would like polishing it.

30. 32coop

32coop
    from Australia

I love this thread. Lots of thought has gone into every detail.