Register now to get rid of these ads!

Casualties/appropriate builds etc.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by holt1, Aug 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guitard

guitard

I don't think so. It's the blues bar scenario. If you wanna talk blues, play blues, hear blues, in you go. Other bars are for the other stuff. They're just going to be a little pickier at the door... I can leave my Motley Crue shirt in the car. It's a great place.

2. guitard

guitard

All true, but it's fringe context here. There are other places we can go for '60s muscle.

3. 46stude

46stude

4. EnragedHawk

EnragedHawk
    from Waco, TX

5. guitard

guitard

Anyone in doubt should check out the Journals and see what's featured. A bit to one side or the other of that and you're probably ok. I liked its focus enough to support it. I learned enough here to easily justify joining the Alliance. There will be OT stuff about my rides I'm not going to flaunt here either... but they'll be here and I'll be here.

6. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

If its about lifestyle, I'm toast. No rolled cuffs, no DA, hell, I dont even have any car guy T-shirts left. Oh wait, yea, thats right, I'm rockin' the "Baskerville" look.:rolleyes::D

Most of the people I know in civilian life dont even know I'm a "car guy".

Honestly, other than the fact that I wont be doing anymore posts on cars like the "Novel T" I dont even really give it much thought. I sure as hell dont have to spend time questioning what fits the HAMB, but I never really have. Its real straight forward, either it does or it doesnt. 16" artillery wheels, anyone?:rolleyes:

7. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

What the hell is this pile of shit I just stepped in...?

8. 440mopar

440mopar
    from tempe

Welcome Mister Rockabilly

9. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I actually tried to join Dogfight a while back, I was rejected. I think maybe Ryan knew it was me...:eek::D

10. holt1

holt1

I'm wondering the same thing.

11. holt1

holt1

Funny, I can't play a single rockabilly lick, blues however, thats a different story. :D I'm sure you meat that in the most positive welcoming manner.

12. spuds

spuds
    from Idaho

13. holt1

holt1

Hail to the Baskervilles! I don't really care to build something to impress here, just don't want to post what offends. So the 55 Buick works.

QUOTE=falcongeorge;9194360]If its about lifestyle, I'm toast. No rolled cuffs, no DA, hell, I dont even have any car guy T-shirts left. Oh wait, yea, thats right, I'm rockin' the "Baskerville" look.:rolleyes::D

Most of the people I know in civilian life dont even know I'm a "car guy".

Honestly, other than the fact that I wont be doing anymore posts on cars like the "Novel T" I dont even really give it much thought. I sure as hell dont have to spend time questioning what fits the HAMB, but I never really have. Its real straight forward, either it does or it doesnt. 16" artillery wheels, anyone?:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

14. I appreciate you wanting to respect the traditional vibe here. Don' t let some of the other opinions and whatnot weigh on you. It's this other crap that Ryan wants to wade through and get rid of.
    Right now a good rule of thumb that works for me is if there's drama in the first page or conflicting answers in a thread; I close it and go on to the next. Sure there may be many answers to a question or whatever but it also can bring out the superior attitudes. Screw that crap. Life is too short to get caught up in it.

15. Get your tissues here!
    Tissues for sale here!!
    1943 tissues for sale!
    send $10.00 for 2,pm for details.

16. I hope 60s gassed stuff will still be allowed.....be nice to see things tighten e d up....last week saw long thread of sho Yamaha injected motor in like a 47 Ford....I can see where that doesn't fit in the guidelines....nor does my 67 Camaro'.....but I don't post on that here....though my 27 T does meet the guidelines....

17. holt1

holt1

Ha! Lol. Does it come by the roll? I need a roll. :)

QUOTE=iwanaflattie;9194408]Get your tissues here!
    Tissues for sale here!!
    1943 tissues for sale!
    send $10.00 for 2,pm for details.[/QUOTE]

18. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

The box is new, but the tissue is old. Does it get in?

[​IMG]

19. holt1

holt1

I totally can see that there needs to be guidelines if its "your" forum with a vision. I respect that and want to make sure I am. It's not a "wide open" run what ya brung forum. The Lonestar Roundup here is the same, also the Day of the Drags. Always other customs out in the parking lot. I have a lot of hotrod "lifestyle" friends who don't listen to rockabilly with no DA haircut. One guy is a computer programmer to support his lifestyle. Eats sleeps and breaths hotrod stuff. He injected and turbo'd his Beemer motorcycle and is now becoming interested in the stuff we build. Total computer nerd who sleeps eats and breaths hopping up cars and bikes. Thanks for "profiling" me. Lol. I agree that the only thing that really belongs here is about the cars. My mistake and my apologies.

20. 46stude

46stude

John Joyo & Ryan, I think. Its part of the Atomic Network. The site has the potential to be every bit as good as the HAMB, but without the focus on one particular build style.

http://www.dogfightmag.com/

21. guitard

guitard

A harder stance will help those with (for example) mid-engined, modern-motored, twin-turbo, tube frame racing cars on 20s with an old Ford body understand that's a little outside the focus... when they can't by themselves grasp that's a little different than a set of Coker radials. I'm watching that build elsewhere and it's killer - but stuff like that will kill this place. And here come the posts: Yes I know Corvair had a turbo in '62... sigh.

22. I get what u saying guitars........corsair didn't have fancy computers etc

23. As long as you got 20' cuffs and sailor jerry tattoos and A bigger pomp than Johnny Bravo.
    And dont worry if you dont have a traditional Uprightbass,you are welcome to bring your Balalaika (Known as "Giant Dorito Bass"in the lower eastern countries) and cry your "Ochi Chernye"(Dark eyes)out with our "old package" new tissues.

[​IMG]
    Also great to clean your straight razor and chain wallet.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2013
  24. holt1

holt1

Seems there's more of a focus of what was run at the dragstrip up until 1965 and possibly not the street here. Whenever that controversy gets started I always see posts of drag car photos to justify existence of a build or a part, like the WW on mags discussion, (also a trainwreck thread) but it might be hard to find pictures of street run cars from back then.

25. guitard

guitard

Actually, it was an example of that tiny thread people want to reach for to make the argument... that 2% of their build that fits in on a site that so obviously is centered somewhere else... but just can't see that.

26. guitard

guitard

Great link, thanks for that!

27. holt1

holt1

Hey! You seen my chain for my wallet? Lost it. And my pomp, (old age) we got upright bass but not very traditional. Lol. I do need some tissues for my straight razor though! Send em over!
    :D

28. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Oh yea, thats traditional alright.:D

[​IMG]

29. holt1

holt1

I don't understand those who have so many places that will support the vision of their build who will continually post in a place like this just to stir stuff up and make others uncomfortable. I would rather post where it's appropriate and supported. And accepted. I will start a "build" thread for the 55 Buick. I have enough pictures to start. And hopefully this week I start doing things to the car. I cleaned up the inside and it's killer!

30. blue 49

blue 49
    from Iowa

On the '58, you might go with Air Lift bags instead of air shocks. They were around from the late 50's on up and are the only traditional aftermarket air bags that I know of.

Blue

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.