Register now to get rid of these ads!

prefix for safety

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by sport fury, Aug 31, 2013.

1. sport fury

sport fury

the hamb could use a prefix for safety. prefix would include the safety involved in designing, building, repairing maintaining and operation of vehicles. could also be for safe shop practices and fire prevention. something are obviously dangerous to some but unknown to other.

2. Not knocking your suggestion but I would think a little common sense should cover most of the safety issues. HRP

3. nickles street chop shop

nickles street chop shop
    from Edum Tejas

I can see both sides of this subject.

Common sense goes a long way.

But also, you can find tech write ups everywhere on the web about doing suspension rebuilds and rewiring. Maybe not on the older cars, though.

Perhaps a couple people could do something about it during tech week.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

4. sport fury

sport fury

this is where people could learn about common sense. i have seen several threads where people have asked questions about if something is safe or not. it is very unfortunate that many don't have the common sense of what is safe or not. a prefix for safety would be a great start to learn it.

5. sport fury

sport fury

maybe a prefix could have a safety addition to point out a safety concern. technical/safety. or technical(safety)

6. That is the last thing we need is for a bunch of know it alls to be telling people the way they are doing their project is unsafe. The government is trying its darnest to turn this country into a "Nanny State", we don't need the Hamb to be that way to!

7. sport fury

sport fury

i disagree with you. i see a lot of safety tips on the hamb. i am only asking for the ability to have a filter to make it easier to find them. if you find that offensive then you don't need to read them. i see things on the hamb i don't like but others do and i have the choice to not read or see them.

8. welding after cleaning something with brake kleen. can kill you!

9. sport fury

sport fury

i recently have read about the dangers of acetylene tanks. welding steering components. sand blasting. i have seen way to many hot rods that have bad welding and no regard to a safe scrub line. if a person has no regard to their own safety they should at least not let it affect others that maybe riding in their car or other motorists.