Register now to get rid of these ads!

TXDMV & TXDPS ~ Stress Management

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by supercharged, Aug 19, 2013.

1. seatex

seatex

were you trying to title an out of state vehicle in Texas? If so, it CAN be a major pain in the butt..................... the smaller county offices are a hell of a lot easier to deal with IMO. San Marcos has always been helpful, and I have even been able to title out of state classics there without the inspection process with the DPS.
    Just remember, if you go in pissed off, you will get pissed on. I know it's hard as hell to bite your lip when you are dealing with dickheads, but they already know they have you by the short and curlys, they don't get paid shit, so they probably love it when somebody hits the door with a 'tude. Just sayin'

2. 1964countrysedan

1964countrysedan
    from Texas

I have never had any problems but I follow the rules and have a charming smile.

(And don't live in the hell some call Houston)

3. There ya go, problem solved for $50, from a Houston builder!

4. detroitboy27

detroitboy27
    from katy, tx

Totally agree. I have used her too, she's great!!!! My title was from out state and from 1965. It was well worth the money and no headache.

5. stimpy

stimpy

sounds about as Bad As Illinoid , called one office to be transfered to another office central switchboard to be told to call another number which kicked me back to the central switchboard again to be told to call down to Springfield and they give me the number , call the number and was told to call the number that gave me theres . and all of this is for verification on keeping my license current which is important . finally called the dept thats supposed to have the answers , and central switch board answers again . got a stupidvisor on the phone and kindly explained to him the run around . they give me another number down in springfield . that person answers the phone and tells me I am better off calling the state police question line to answer my question . and this it the agency ( secretary of state) thats supposed to know the law they are enforcing , but do not have an answer.. called the state police and the nice officer told me what I needed to know in 30 seconds , and told me the SOS are a bunch of idiots ..

6. Jimm56

Jimm56

Try the Courthouse Annex in Texas City. The ladies there renewed my thirty year old title AND OK'd my YOM plates at the same time! Two years later they helpem convert those samelates to Classic plates, good for 5 years. Never had a problem at all with them. :)

7. Lived in TC for nine yrs and I remember well when lines were long and tempers short. At times they were okay over there on Texas Ave., if they knew you..