Register now to get rid of these ads!

FED Picture Thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by blowby, Aug 22, 2013.

1. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Well I checked and there are Gasser, Altered, Kustom, etc. picture threads but no FED picture thread. Took this photo at the NHRA Nats a few weeks ago and as looking for someplace to post it.

[​IMG]

2. Freight Train waiting on the rollers at Gainsville.

Attached Files:

3. Koz

Koz

Damn that red and white car is just the nuts! IMHO the greatest era of drag racing ever. Pure balls and folks with normal money could field a car and be competitive.

I'm trying to post some pics of like cars I have. Might need to get a bit of help.

4. 117harv

117harv

5. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Dang, I searched FED picture, not photograph.

6. You found the place:)

7. Koz

Koz

Some good stuff on the Ultimate Slingshot thread. I'd like to see more pre '65 stuff in particular some Scotty Fenn TE440. Wild chassis! I'm still sorting the details on how to use a narrowed Ford banjo and '78 case box. Any drivetrain shots of this combination out there?

8. MUNDSTER

MUNDSTER

Well the first fed belongs to my friend Fred, and they were both featured on the cover of Hot Rod in 1959. It's Cadillac powered.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

9. Koz

Koz

That car is so beautiful! A lot of guys fear banjos and the related hardware but this is standard fare in back of Cads, Olds, and big Hemis. They raced them and they stayed together, (for the most part!). You can run them just fine on the street. I just love the look of the axle stubs through the rear wheels.

10. Koz

Koz

You wouldn't have any pics of the interior, trans, coupler, rear, etc. would you?

11. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

12. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

13. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

14. Benny_H

Benny_H

My grandad Almost got a free vasectomy from his one in the 60's. Cut a huge hole in his thigh when the flywheel exploded. Awesome thread ill have to dig out some photos.

15. Chain drive on that blower with no idler ?....How did that work out?

16. paintcan54

paintcan54

Here is my K-88 streched out to 142" from the man I got it from in the mid '70s. Still runs the banjo rear end, updated to open drive coupler. This was at the Road Kings, Battle at the Hill at Bunker Hill Drag strip in Aug, this year.

Attached Files:

17. Six-Shooter

Six-Shooter
    from Ohio

Using an old Kodak Brownie camera I took this photo of a couple of diggers at National Trail Raceway in July 1967.

Attached Files:

18. Six-Shooter

Six-Shooter
    from Ohio

Here's a twin FED getting push started at National Trail Raceway sometime in 1968.

19. Koz

Koz

Thanks for the pics Blowby! That thing is cooler than all hell. I've been building a late '50's style FED for about eternity now and just love the mentality of the early builds. My car will never actually run, it's more of an exercise in nostalgia.

20. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

My pleasure Koz. It's appeared at a few events around here this year, next time I see it I'll get you the closeups you were curious about.

21. I'm guessing shim gaskets between the blower bottom plate and the manifold...:rolleyes:

22. BigMikeC

BigMikeC

Here's mine. Thinking about selling it. -Mike

Attached Files:

23. Koz

Koz

I'm interested in typical means of hooking the engine to the rear. I've seen everything from homemade couplers to early Ford boxes, gutted and otherwise. There was usually some type of scatter shield, 1/4"-3/8" plate and a nut protector over the rear and drive coupler. Most rears were narrowed '46-'48 Ford units with the spider gears welded to lock both axles. Rear brakes were just Ford drums and a hand stick.

I'm using some Scotty Fenn plans dated February 24, 1958 I got from Rich Venza on here. The entire chassis is only 120" long with a wheelbase of 108". I'd post up pics but it's currently spread out over three buildings until I get space to work on it again.

I using a 301 Chevy with 6x2 on it.

24. speedbump

speedbump

here are a few of mine not done yet will start on the mtr over the winter 394 olds power with hilborns enjoy

Attached Files:

25. ronnieroadster

ronnieroadster

Heres mine its a 1958 Scotty Fin TE-440 will be at the NHRA Hot Rod reunion being held at New England Dragway

Attached Files:

26. trouble on its way

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
  27. Here's a Flattie powered Gem I shot in the early '90s:
    [​IMG]

...and the same car I shot earlier this month:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A great shot from inside the E.L.T.A. shop:
    [​IMG]

And my personal favorite shot of a rail in action on the streets that I shot last year in front of the Club House:
    [​IMG]

28. Our Dragmaster at the 2013 HAMB Drags

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

29. tylercrawford

tylercrawford
    from Buford, GA
    1. S.F.C.C.

Mine:

[​IMG]

Last year at the 10,000 drags:

[​IMG]

30. Mine and D's at Eagle this may........
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]