Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bedroom Set out of 1956 Ford Truck Bed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 3onthetree3, May 29, 2013.

1. slicknapier

slicknapier
    from Tucson, AZ

Awesome bed! Great work. I had this idea about 10 years ago. I pitched it to my wife and her reply was, "I have to look at that shit in the front yard, I don't want it in my house!!!"..

2. philo426

philo426

Really cool and creative!Your kids have the best dad in town!

3. 3onthetree3

3onthetree3
    from Saugerties

HAAAA! It took some sweet talking and by the time I was done she loved it! I think it was hard for her to get a visual on what I had in my mind (isnt that the truth with all our wives!). But now she wants me to build another one for my other son. She is coming around!

4. A nice queen size for our bedroom would be the berries.
    You've really inspired me to hit Holland's or Jacks Used Auto Parts for material.
    Thank you for this great thread.

5. 3onthetree3

3onthetree3
    from Saugerties

Thanks for the nice compliments. Let me know if I can help out in any way. I am feeling pretty lucky that my wife lets me have them in the kids rooms, Im not gonna push it for the Master Bedroom!

6. shadams

shadams

Man that is cool. I just had a little girl, would it be weird for her to have a truck bed? Ha! Make sure you show us the Chevy bed too!

7. I've only gotten about halfway through this thread, but what you said above finally pushed me over the line. I'll say it: "I really like this guy!"

Other folks suggested various headlights, etc. but I used some chandelier light bulb bases that I got at the hardware store to put night light bulbs into some old Plymouth taillights for a buddy of mine's son. He loved them on the footboard of the bed. I later took an old desk lamp that had a small base socket and a big base socket in it and did the same thing with a Rambler taillight. You could turn on just the taillight/night light, the regular bulb, or both.

8. Midwest Rodder

Midwest Rodder

Absolutely killer! I so wish I could turn back time and do this for my 2 kids when they were younger. I will definitely be doing this for my grandkids, but thats still a loooong way off. Great job man, you've inspired a whole bunch of people with your craftsmanship!

9. 3onthetree3

3onthetree3
    from Saugerties

What a great response to something that I did for the love of my kids and hot rodding. We all need to promote hot rodding, or something that keeps the mind sharp. For me that is building things. And I have come to realize that not everything I build needs to look like Chip Foose built it, it needs to look like I built it.

You guys have inspired me to head to the garage....I have another bed to build....

Dont put it off guys, your kids will outgrow that while you "plan" it...just build it, and have them help!

10. vaverka

vaverka

Any pics of the chevy bed?

11. AHotRod

AHotRod

Very cool beds, got any new pictures of the other one your building?

12. spuds

spuds
    from Idaho

Awesome job Dad!!!!

13. TP

TP
    from conroe tx

That is an excellant job. I'm hoping my daughter will let me do the same in her NEW house. If not it'll certainly be done at grampaws house. Copying someone is the ultimate sign of flattery.

14. vaverka

vaverka

Just wandering how you supported the pick up bed off the ground. Did you modify a normal metal bed frame?

15. WortRod

WortRod
    from california

My wife showed me a pic of this a couple months ago from some decorating blog. I should have known it was a hamber!!! Bad ass to say the least . My daughters room isn't as cool but has a grip of legit WWII stuff from her great grand parents in it. It is a WWII nurse theme

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

16. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

i thought this thread had been laid to rest. glad to see it! how's the van though? where can it be seen?

17. 3onthetree3

3onthetree3
    from Saugerties

Thanks Twitchy, Im gonna fire that thread back up and see what happens. Fingers crossed...

18. 3onthetree3

3onthetree3
    from Saugerties

How awesome! What a cool idea. We are building a second bed for my other son who is about to turn 3. Im gonna put the cab in sideways so the he can climb in the front....

[​IMG]

19. ChefMike

ChefMike

thats one lucky kid ! great job

20. 4 banger 4 life

4 banger 4 life
    from ohio

Great idea..... rhe kids will rember that for ever..

21. Kat3733

Kat3733
    from Dallas, NC

Is this bed still for sale? We LOVE it!! Great job! :) Thank youKat and Matt

22. Django

Django
    from Chicago

That's pretty bitchin.

23. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

Don't think it was ever for sale. He built it for his son.

24. Kielerpv

Kielerpv
    from Utah

I just came across this after starting one for my son. Great idea. I have a 56 Chev that I'm halfway done with bodywork. I think the little guy will like it.

25. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

I just showed it to my 5yr old. He said, "I want one". Great job

26. MoparFinman

MoparFinman
    from Okla

Cool saw this on another site thought you might enjoy it!:cool:

Attached Files:

27. jesse1980

jesse1980

This one of my favorite threads on here. That bed is awesome.

28. Nicole Clark

Nicole Clark

What size mattress were you able to fit in the boys beds? They are absolutely awesome!

29. Kielerpv

Kielerpv
    from Utah

I cut mine down to fit a full size bed. I think I took a foot out I the length and like 6 out of the width

30. Nicole Clark

Nicole Clark

Awesome thanks so much! I am in love with this idea and have a 3 year old boy and we have a bunch of old hot rods and we would love to try to do this. Such an awesome idea!