Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Who is currently building a RADICAL KUSTOM? lets see 'em..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kustom7777, Aug 28, 2013.

1. happy hoppy

happy hoppy

OG, its was a 2 door sedan. the rear window is / was 2 VW Karmen Ghia 1/4 glass. I traced the shape of the 1/4 window glass onto sheetmetal, cut and hammered it out then welded it in.
    [​IMG]

I decided to remove the "split" I'll need to have custom glass cut for it, but I am thinking about changing it.

2. dan31

dan31

I dig it.You will be the only kid on the block with one of these.

3. Pinchecharlie

Pinchecharlie
    from Montana

Not as cool as that one but fun for me. Why is my shit always upside down!?

Attached Files:

4. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looks good, Charlie!

[​IMG]

5. Nice work bro! I thought the back window was out of an old Studebaker or something. I like how you built it from scratch. Some guys have great imagination--and skills to match.

By the way, love the steering wheel..........E

6. InstantT

InstantT
    from SoCal

Yeah, brother. That thing is gonna turn out sweet. So glad its finally working out for you.

7. williebill

williebill

Good post, but no more responses than these? No other radical customs in the works?
    No pics, but I know of a 51 Merc that's chopped about 7 inches, canted quads that the builder machined out of solid steel, 52 fender flares, Imperial rear quarters, Buick bumpers, Caddy dagmars, etc. And it's a 4 door. The guy building it is really slow, but it may see the light of day sometime.

C'mon folks, more custom stuff.

8. This car is ALL win! And the steering wheel makes it just that much cooler

9. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

Theres a Wayout Radical Custom up here ,, maybe not what would be a suitible car for here though.. when I get the photobucket working.. I can post it.. I know the guy spent a long time and countless hours building it. and hopefully for him it survived the the nasty flooding that was in there area.. it wiped out pretty much everything in there town.

10. Happy Hoppy, do you have any pictures with the car aired up a bit? I think I really like it, but for me ride stance, and proportion are tied together. I know it's popular, but laying on the ground kinda kills the look for me.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
  11. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

surely the RADICAL kustom is not a dying breed....

there MUST be more under construction out there somewhere..?

and, as to not cause any drama or off topic posts, let me be clear about what i am talking about..maybe it'd be easier to list what i'm NOT talking about: street rods, muscle cars, resto rods, resto mods, hot rods, mild kustoms, full kustoms, cookie cutter kustoms, etc., etc.,,,,,i think you get the idea...at least i hope so..

there is nothing wrong with any of the type of cars listed above (well, ok, maybe there is with a few :) ), but that isn't what this thread is about..

think along the lines of the golden sahara, x-sonic vette, predicta, even some of the wild factory concept cars of the fifties,,,

RADICAL, WILD, OUT-THERE, CRAZY, FUTURISTIC, JETSONS, SPACESHIP, SECTIONED, BUBBLETOP,,,,,,think of these words,,,and post away!

i KNOW i'm not the only one into this stuff............

12. twisted sister

twisted sister
    from chicago

[​IMG]
    my 54 chevy radical kustom im building.

13. Smokey2

Smokey2

TwistedSister.............I'm positive, THAT gualifies !

Wayout !!!! I Lika' :cool:

14. slammed

slammed

Indeed Rad-i-cal!

15. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Sort of responding to what you said on facebook the other day, The radical Kustom is definitely hard for a lot of dudes to swallow. Because of that excess. My favorites are the ones that walk right up to that "Clean an tasteful" line, and then take a good leap forward. Like the Aztec. So much crazy done perfectly balanced to offset the other crazy takes "Clean and tasteful" to the next level.

Then there's just nutty. I like nutty. It's why my coupe gets a phone and a minibar. To me it keeps it pretty mild. Others think it's crazy. Man, crazy to me starts getting weird. Like Lets clone the Golden Sahara and make it a submarine weird. That would totally rule by the way.

16. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It isn't. I will be back to building mine, as soon as I get done paying off my radical kustom medical bills.

17. williebill

williebill

You're not the only one into this stuff...
    No disrespect to a well finished car, but after going to a lot of KKOA and KOA shows in the 80's and 90's, after a while, a lot of the customs start to look alike. I know, traditional...except a lot ( most ) of them really weren't.
    But then you see the "Holy shit, look at THAT!" car drive through the gate, and you watch to see where it parks, and run to it. And it doesn't look anything like anything else there....
    Jeff J's yellow Merc from back in the day comes to mind. If your jaw didn't drop when you first saw it, then you were at the wrong show.

I dig the crazy shit. But I was always the last kid picked to play ball on the playground teams, and I started wearing glasses when I was 7. That explains my obsession, I think.

18. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

I've been working on a custom for longer than I care to admit, but I'm not sure I'd call it "radical". There's a glimpse of it in my avatar and a couple of photo's in my album. I don't know how to get the pics from my album to this post. Well, maybe it's radical, I don't know. Stu

19. I don't know for sure if it qualifies but my son is in the very early fit up stages on his new project. It is started as a '50 Ford business coupe that he has sectioned 4 inches, chopped 2 inches (it may change to 3-4 at the back), he put on '53 Merc quarters and shortened the back end of the car almost 10 inches between the trunk lip and the rear glass. He has '50 Ford front fenders for it that have '57 Chevy car headlight grafted in place. For his first on his own project I would consider it radical. Here is a picture of the fitting the quarters and a link to his thread.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=673673

Attached Files:

20. [​IMG]

Like so! Go to your album, open the pic, right click on it and then click "Copy image location". Then open a reply window and click the picture icon - yellow with a mountain on it and paste the image location into the box that opens. Your done.

I really like your project, I´d love to see some updates.

21. I thought there would be more....two projects to go before the radical custom......still collecting parts......

Last edited: Oct 14, 2013

22. Sawed the roof off mine 20 years ago too. I just think it take a hell of a lot more than that to make a radical custom.
    [​IMG]

23. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

me too!
    kinda disappointing so far........:confused:

24. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

[​IMG]

Okay, thanks for the tech lesson. Stu

25. This looks interesting. Me like it!

26. fleet-master

fleet-master

currently gathering bits for one. I love em too...well some of them. Its easy to miss the mark on radical design IMO. Dennis Heapy has a very cool radical custom that's turning out nice but I don't have any pics of it on this computer.

27. AZ 54 BELAIR GUY

AZ 54 BELAIR GUY
    from AZ

28. Wasn't gonna....but with the new refined HAMB coming, it might not ever again be on topic, so.....
    Shooting for "mid 60s ISCA show-rod" look. It's been mothballed for a couple years now because of some 'flow' issues I've been working out in my head--that, and working on my stuff doesn't make me $$$.
    Try not to laugh too much......

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

29. VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

PROJECT THUNDERTURD is on hold for now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Stay Tuned.

VR&C.

30. Rocks Rod & Custom

Rocks Rod & Custom
    from Raytown MO

I like it, has the right look already!!! ( Thunderanchero)