Register now to get rid of these ads!

Plan Vacation Trip "Route 66" from Chicago to California

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Daddyohs, May 4, 2013.

1. Doctor Detroit

Doctor Detroit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I hope you made it to the Harley Museum. It's a great time. It's not only Harley history, but a lot of American history. I spent 4 hours there, and I could have spent 6 hrs. Do the audio tour too, it's only an extra few bucks.

How many days are you in Chicago? When are you starting the journey down Route 66?

2. roughneck424

roughneck424

I just went to this place in Amarillo Tx. Great burger here at http://coyotebluffcafe.com/
    Of course The Big Texan and all the bill boards in the touristy thing to do.

3. Today I had start my ROUTE 66 road trip ... that´s amazing
    I stay today in an motel in PONTIAC, IL
    Tomorrow I am going to visit the Pontiac Museum - I hope I see a 1948 Pontiac Silver Streak Coupe - like my own car :)

Here we go with a few pics ...

[​IMG]

4. [​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

If you need a haircut - Joe´s Barber Shop in Chicago

5. AHotRod

AHotRod

..........and, there Off ! Enjoy the journey!

6. This night in St. Louis. The motel prices are crazy here ... why that?

7. rag-4

rag-4

It might be cool to check out the auto museum in Volo, IL. I just noticed your thread.

8. Remember to visit the Peterson museum on this end http://www.petersen.org/new/
    Also PM when you get here - if I'm around I'll buy you a beer in my little town of Playa Del Rey - just south of Santa Monica

----- google Translate ----
    Denken Sie daran, die Peterson Museum an diesem Ende http://www.petersen.org/new/ besuchen Auch PM wenn Sie hier - wenn ich in der Nähe bin kaufe ich dir ein Bier in meiner kleinen Stadt Playa Del Rey - südlich von Santa Monica

9. Mr.Wolfskill

Mr.Wolfskill
    from Oklahoma

Two stops for you in OKC, coffee with me and Pops on 66 out east of town. . . Around 600 different sodas available, plus a great burger restaurant , and fuel. . . .

http://pops66.com/

Reach me here or at [email protected] and put HAMB in the subject line so I don't delete it as trash.

10. Now in Springfield, MO. Time for HOOTERS. I am loving it ... ;)

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

11. roughneck424

roughneck424

12. roughneck424

roughneck424

Durn I was just thru there. Stopped at Toby Keiths place. I bet the wife could have filled her purse with different pop tops she always collecting.

13. Sounds good - Thanks for INFO. The Twinpeaks ... looks nice :)

14. Bam.inc

Bam.inc
    from KS

Route 66 Auto Museum Santa Rosa, NM. The Route 66 Auto Museum has over 30 lovingly restored antique and vintage autos plus an assortment of motorcycles, bicycles, and Route 66 memorabilia. The Museum's owner, Bozo, does the restorations and has a garage down the road.
    My uncle Don from Ft.Sumner NM, ft sumner body shop, built a few cars for Bozo, incl 57 chevy convrtible in pic & 58 chevy pu in pic.

sent via Banger Black Rotary Dial Phone tjj app

Attached Files:

15. Bam.inc

Bam.inc
    from KS

Rt 66 auto museum Santa Risa NM.

sent via Banger Black Rotary Dial Phone tjj app

Attached Files:

16. chromeazone

chromeazone

TexasDart: Ditto Tucumcari NM !
    Still plenty of Old Rt 66 flavor and buildings. GREAT Rt 66 Dedicated sculpture on
    Main Street. Google Tucumcari for their Chamber of Commerce/City website for a glimpse of it!
    A much overlooked town (bypassed by I-40 of course.) I first stopped there in 1963 in my '51 Ford hot rod on first Mother Road trip back East (still in Navy).

Can't remember too much of my German, but Via Con Dios, or Que la via bien, seem to work in America now.

17. I am leaving now Springfield, MO

18. woodiewagon46

woodiewagon46
    from New York

There is a series of maps issued by a company called Ghost Town Press called "Here it is Route 66". Each state that Route 66 goes through has it's own map with highlites and road info. If you can find a set it's better than any guide book, but you should get one of the dozens of Rt 66 books available. Don't be too disappointed if you can't drive on 66 in some areas because some of it is no longer accessible! My wife and I drove our '46 woodie from NY to CA and got on and off 66 whenever we could. It's sad to see the towns that literally disappeared from the map because of the interstate. Have a great time!!!

19. lost39

lost39
    from Austria

Hallo Andy.

Have a nice Trip and a good time on Route 66.

Was there several times.

Christian from Austria

20. woodiewagon46

woodiewagon46
    from New York

Follow up; I just checked the web site for Ghost Town Press and the Rt 66 maps are still available for $15.45.

21. @Ryno: Big thanks to you ... meet the first HAMB Member on the Roadtrip.

Thats a nice SHOP

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

22. ryno

ryno

My pleasure man. Hope you enjoy tomorrow!

23. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1378006794.179627.jpg

Oklahoma City tonight ... TWIN PEAKS
    Anyone an info there is sunday a car meeting in Oklahoma City?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!