Register now to get rid of these ads!

Oldsmobile 394 crankshaft question?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Panel Pete, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Panel Pete

Panel Pete

Hey all,
    I've got an Olds 394 crankshaft, casting number 582746. Mics out at 2.997 mains and 2.497 rods, so it's a used but uncut piece. I've kept it stored standing on end for many years now, and am quite tired of it being in my way so I'm looking to unload it. As much as I hate the thought of it I know I can scrap it out, but would rather see it go to some one who could use it. Problem is I'm unsure of what to ask for it - I'm not trying to get rich here, I would just like an idea of what I should ask for it. Any input or suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,
    Pete

2. Paul

Paul
    Editor

if I was looking for a core I wouldn't pay more than $50.00 for one

3. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Shipping will be the problem, that thing will cost more to ship than it is worth. You might try putting it on Craigslist to attract a local guy, but you won't get the broad audience you might need to find a buyer. But put in on CL for maybe the $50 suggested and see what happens.

I know how you feel, I hate to scrap some part that I know someone somewhere could use, but how do you find them and how do you get that big sucker to them ?

Don

4. Panel Pete

Panel Pete

Thanks for the reply's fellas. Yeah, it is one heavy paperweight! I really don't want to send it off to be reincarnated as rebar, looks like I'll be posting it on Craigslist as well as the classifieds. Hopefully it'll find a new home soon.

Pete

5. Too bad you're not in So-Cal. I'd take it off your hands for $50. GLWS.