Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Kinda Hit a MODEL A MOTHERLOAD / BARN FIND

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by A Rodder, Aug 5, 2013.

1. BRAINS!

BRAINS!

wow what a great find

2. WTSHNN

WTSHNN
    from Chicago

Feb '29 until end of '29 the Model A Business Coupe was a soft topped coupe, resembling a sport coupe except it had oval windows where the sport coupe had landau bars. Also, the business coupe came with a trunk not a rumble seat. It didn't have a metal skin under the soft top, just a wood frame that the fabric was stretched across. A total of 38,577 Business Coupes were made in '29, so the number of oval windowed ones would be around 32,000.

Good haul.
    -Tim

3. A Rodder

A Rodder

Well the racks are lined three shelves high and about 35' deep. Lots to go thru.
    The blue coupe didn't want to fully turn over. I pulled the side cover and it looked good so then I pulled the head. Lots if mice bait sitting on top of the center two cylinders. It cleaned it all up and it spins great.

I am ordering a gasket kit for it and then clean the carb and we'll see if she lights off.

4. DavidY

DavidY
    from 15102

5. A Rodder

A Rodder

Great collection!

6. A Rodder

A Rodder

Couple of pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I ordered up some tune up parts for this one and the Roadster along with a gasket kit.
    Hopefully by early next week I will have a runner, then I can address the brakes....

7. 70kid

70kid
    from Denver

Digging more out of the Valley, Great!

Will you be going to the Redmond Swap meet?

8. A Rodder

A Rodder

No, this weekend is Sutherlin and the following week we have a birthday party

9. froghawk

froghawk

Weird. Is that aquarium gravel?

10. rat poison
    tk

11. whtbaron

whtbaron
    from manitoba

Yep, they'll "save" it for later. Use some caution stripping the interiors as I'm sure you'll be coming in contact with some rat/mouse droppings. Hopefully they didn't come with the odor as well as that will attract more rodents. If it's there, invest in some Lysol spray, NilOdor and Mothballs and talk to people that specialize in rodent cleanups on vehicles. No sense inviting more problems into your garage with all the nice goodies you've found.

12. A Rodder

A Rodder

I got a rebuilt zenith carb for roadster, ordered some distributor rebuild parts from the Early Ford Store, got it put together and the carb on and the motor purrs like a kitten.

I need to hook uo some wiring to the headlights and tailight still. The stoplamp switch has a direct short in it so I need to deal with that. But otherwise, progress is good.

13. 70kid

70kid
    from Denver

Is everyone else going including yourself to long beach the 7th of Sept?

14. A Rodder

A Rodder

Most everybody

15. Benny_H

Benny_H

So jealous right now.

16. woodz

woodz
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey Joe,
    Just found this thread, Awesome score on some great stuff. Good to know there are finds like this still out there.:D
    In your first post you had said that you didnt buy this, just getting it all going and sorted. Are they paying you to do this or are you taking some parts in exchange or something like that?
    Not trying to pry, just curious. You dont have to answer if I am crossing a line.
    Anyways, very cool.
    Jordan

17. A Rodder

A Rodder

Basically all in all there is a little money to be made on some of it. Once my buddy gets his money and a little extra out of it the left over parts I can have for dealing with it.

18. chopo

chopo

19. A Rodder

A Rodder

Huh? What makes you think that?

I will use some of it as needed and sell off stuff to the restorers I don't need.

20. chopo

chopo

joke.... rat poison in the cylinders..... ok maybe only funny to me:D

21. A Rodder

A Rodder

No I was too slow for that one, that was good one!

22. A Rodder

A Rodder

Well a little bit of an update.

The roadster is alive and running well. I went thru the distributor, installed new plugs, points, condenser, and coil.

The carbs were quite trying. I ended up with a really nice Zenith and it runs out really nice.

I ordered a fender and pulled them all to be painted. Well, that was a bad idea because they haven't found their way back on yet!

Keeping with the prewar jalopy look, I modified a stock headlight bar that now serves as some headlight mounts off the top of the frame. I also pulled the front and rear bumpers.

I went to a really nice powdercoated set of 1935 Ford wires with 700's and 650's.

If I sit on it too long I am gonna tear it apart and have it painted a really dark maroonish red or a neat mid forties Harley Davidson vintage green.

As far as the Blue Coupe goes, today I trailered to my work and got the head, intake, exhaust, and fan buttoned back up. Hopefully I can go thru the distributor and get her started tomorrow.

[​IMG]

23. yblock292

yblock292

The one pic of the model a engine with side mounted fuel pump, don't believe i have ever seen that before, whats the story on it?

24. Why dont you read the entire thread???? that topic was covered

25. A Rodder

A Rodder

It is a B Motor

26. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Customer stopped by, said I HAD to go see the old gent with the 'B' Four bangers for sale.

I went, but the engines were 8N Ford tractor engines...

27. Dude, where did you take that pic?

28. A Rodder

A Rodder

Secret spot. .....Dorris Ranch

29. I thought that was Dorris Ranch.

30. A Rodder

A Rodder

THE BLUE COUPE LIVES!

I got everything cleaned up and checked out.
    It fired almost instantly!
    The B Motor purrs like kitten. It smoked heavily for about 30 seconds and that was it.