Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Blind man going to try Bonneville

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dan Parker, Jun 3, 2013.

1. CWTC10

CWTC10
    from Arab Al

HA ^ You beat me too it. Dan ask me last night on FB to post some pics. I will put a couple more. I seen Dan say that his deal was off topic. But I think its so on topic in a lot of ways. Dan is making it work despite everything and that's what this whole game started out as. Guys building their dreams with very little. I hope Dan's story helps others live out their dreams. I know I seen he mentioned it here but anyone with facebook needs to go check him out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Buzznut

Buzznut

Damn, if this isn't a movie in the making I have no idea what is. We need stories of inspiration and triumph, especially the way things are going for most folks these days.

Dan you are a huge inspiration. Here I am with a few aches and pains and every-day obstacles and there you are following your dream despite something that the rest of us couldn't even fathom. I couldn't make it to Bonneville this year, but I sure hope you're out there next year, because hell-or-high-water, I plan on being there, and shaking your hand. God bless you Dan...

3. Dan Parker

Dan Parker
    from Salem Al.

thank you everyone i have not been on the hamb in weeks i flew to baltimore by myself four weeks ago. since then i have been in thrash mode to make the salt.i could not be close without great friends. i hope to make everyone proud.well i better get in the shop i have to make some parts this morning and pack the wheel bearings also.thanks dan i will update more

4. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Hope everyone who says "I can't" for whatever reason, is inspired by what you're doing Dan! Good luck!

5. Buzznut

Buzznut

I didn't realize you were waiting for the Bub Speed Trials...I thought you were going to Speed Week. Can't wait to see how things go. BTW: Denis Manning of Bub Enterprises lives up here in Grass Valley...I did artwork for him for his t-shirts years ago.

6. gordspeed

gordspeed
    from Oregon

GODSPEED Dan! Cool bike! :)

7. nolly

nolly

8. Dan,
    I too also did not relise you were shooting for the speed trials as I thought you were going to be there during speed week. I walked my ass off in the pit's looking for your pit with not luck. Now I know why.
    Sorry I will miss seeing you run, but I will be pulling for you from the other end of the course. Go fast and go safe.
    Mayor Dennis

9. big vic

big vic
    from cary il

good luck man,,,

10. rawcjw19

rawcjw19

Well Said!!!!

11. R35J1S

R35J1S
    from Missouri

Just to add some inspiration to your project, there was a guy in Europe I believe that was Blind and Deaf. He captured the land speed record for a 4 wheeler (ATV) He was traveling around 165-170mph if I remember correctly. If he can do it then I am sure you can and will.
    Good Luck to you and your crew.

12. Dan Parker

Dan Parker
    from Salem Al.

i got to run the salt mondayy ran 55.33 mph through mile 2 ghrough 3 straight own the salt ,i fullfilld my ream of being the first blind man to run the salt,. google blind man bonneville and sone cool pics come up. thanks to everyone that made this happen esp my girlfrimd jennifer.

13. Dan Parker

Dan Parker
    from Salem Al.

the people at bub and ama was amazing got to meet some great peoplle, i have sone great friends that took time out of their lifes to take me there. will some one post some pics i would love the hamb to see my bike.

14. pinkynoegg

pinkynoegg

15. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Congrats Dan...you are an inspiration.

16. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Congrates Dan ,Thanks for shareing your story with everyone,, Tim Jones

17. spiders web

spiders web

Its been said of things that if you don't stop it you'll go blind. Hell your already there so GO FOR IT MAN! Best of luck and I tip my hat to yah!!

18. morepwr

morepwr
    from socal

That is a great story! Very well done sir! Congrats

19. Congrats Dan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. C.R.Glow Neon

C.R.Glow Neon
    from stockton

just saw the write up on bang shift, way to go Dan !!!

21. Congratulations Dan, you sir are a inspiration to many! HRP

22. Bad Banana

Bad Banana

Just ran into Dan and his crew at the US Nationals in Indy. Me and my buddy were walking out to the car tonight and I recognized him headed to the parking lot. It was so nice to be able to shake your hand Dan. Go get that record next year!!!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

23. larry woods

larry woods
    from venice fl

congrats Dan. did you visit the rolling bones in Orem? If you are I was your "eyes" in looking at the bones cars. It was a pleasure to attempt to translate my vision to yours!

24. burnout2614

burnout2614

This is THE story of the year in motorsports. I raced with you, Dan, back in the late 80's at Phenix Dragway. Those were the days. I could tell many stories about you and your Dad, but I won't right now. You are a inspiration to everyone blind or not. Hope you set many records. Peace ps Got a lot of Ray Herring stories too.......

25. Dan Parker

Dan Parker
    from Salem Al.

thanks Larry I grew up at phenix city. I would not have made it ti the salt if not for for Ray,he helped so much and loaned his truck for the trip. i had so many people that made this happenfor me.thanks everyone Dan

26. firingorder1

firingorder1

you know Dan, some time ago there was a thread about bucket lists. If I remember there were 460 posts. Of that lot about 400 or so said they would love to run at Bonneville. How many of them will actually get off their ass and do something about it. Probably none. You did it and a huge congratulations to you!! Hope you'll be back.

27. Dan Parker

Dan Parker
    from Salem Al.

Thanks I plan on bing at the salt nexxt year if possible. The bereau of land manangement had some things to say about me running so i hope to have it shtraight before next year. Someday i hope to run a car at speedweek I am wanting to start to gain sone sponshorship for a car. Thanks everyone for the kind words and keeping my thread on the hamb.e

28. pug man

pug man
    from louisiana

Wow, wow, wowwwwwww Mr. Dan you are blazing a trail for others to follow. We need to get rid of, "I CAN'T DO IT" because people like YOU don't know what that means. God's speed Mr. Dan....... Thank you for sharing your story with your HAMB family.......