Register now to get rid of these ads!

There Will Be Casualties...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Aug 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

2. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

3. Alliance members opinions count as double.

4. 117harv

117harv

5. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

Damn, you made me nostalgic for my IBM Selectric III.

6. belair

belair

What hot rodder has ever been able to leave well enough alone? It's always good to review the rules of the road. The HAMB's are not that hard. Thanks.

7. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I plan to do lots of new stuff for alliance members. At the end of the day, those are the people that I owe my lifestyle too. It's my job to take care of those folks. And I take that shit REALLY seriously.

That being said, this place was born on the notion that money isn't part of the equation. In fact, if I ran the site with the bottom line in mind, I would be widening my market rather than narrowing it.

Anyway, I probably should have closed comments on this article. This sounds shitty, but this is one case where I don't necessarily need or want feedback. My mind is made - I need to make a change and I'm doing it for good or ill.

8. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

9. Thanks for all that you and the moderators do on a daily basis to keep things focused and on point. It is a monumental task considering the growth of usage on this site. Know that we may not always express our gratitude, but trust that it is always there. Every now and then we all need to stop and re-focus on the objectives we're trying to achieve. Best wishes going forward. Oh, and just so you know, it doesn't get much more traditional than that 50 year old Olympia.

10. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

And to continue my tradition of tease... Here's a tease... Months away...

Attached Files:

11. belair

belair

Any good leader knows there will always be casualties.

12. black 62

black 62
    from arkansas

if it ain't broke fix it till it is...

13. pinkynoegg

pinkynoegg

you slick son of a gun. thats gunna look awesome!

14. Works for me...

15. my undergrad focused on change. accepting it, embarrassing it, hell being on the front lines is what we was told to go for. all that being said, i have struggled with change at almost every turn in life. part of me says no. but there is a part of me that wants to rip that curtain open and see what you have planned next. i have a feeling its gona be one hell of a ride.

16. Changes ? More traditional ? Yes there will be casualties. ..... I think it is necessary in order to stay true to to your roots.Thanks :)

17. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

Hey man, I'm just along for the ride. I dig this place you've created, so I'm sure whatever comes in the future will be just as cool if not cooler.

18. silent rick

silent rick

bringing back the mag wheel?

19. 416Ford

416Ford

Please keep those of us in mind that respect your wishes about keeping it Traditional and have posted here a lot more since you closed our streetrod section in the Fordbarn.
    I try my best to keep my question on topic and have been an alliance member in the past.
    Looking forward to whatever changes you make and I hope I am still allowed to post after the updates.

20. dirtybirdpunk

dirtybirdpunk

Instead of change, it's more of a "Restoration", I dig it.... How's about a seperate section for car shows? No more "who's going here" and "who wants to caravan there" threads.

21. bluthndr

bluthndr

Never really noticed it getting that OT, but whatever, I'm in.

22. adamshumard

adamshumard

Not trying to stir the pot, but does this mean s10 frame swaps and such will not be allowed? Air ride on customs, things of that nature? Again, not looking for trouble, just curious. Are you looking for strict period correct builds or is there any room to deviate. I for one know of numerous s10/crown vic/mustang 2 threads that have been terribly helpful to me. Either way, I've been an aliance member for many years, and I plan on staying that way.

23. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Rev her up 'n bang 2nd! (but not if your runnin a '39 box) Am on the edge of my seat...

24. Interesting,I realize I have gotten off topic a few times and never took offense when the thread was deleted or closed yet some guys will always complain.

I have notice that there seems to be a push by some of the newbies to expand past the traditional scope and when someone trys to led them in the right direction they blow up,,,obviously never read or cared for the rules.

I remember the last few site updates and besides just learning how to navigate the new formats ever one has made the site better.

I defend the Hamb as if my name was on the masthead..HRP

BTW,,taking a line from a popular children's seasonal show,,,"Your a mean one,Mister Cochran"

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
  25. Just re-read the rules, this should be a good thing.

26. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

We've been deleting s10 and frame swap threads for years. It's possible we missed some. If you see them, report them as that's not content we want to host here.

Yes, we are looking for period correct cars.

That said, there are cars that aren't necessarily period perfect that I do think belong here. How about an example? A perfectly chopped and hardtopped '40 Merc with a 700R4. Obviously, we aren't looking for 700R4 threads, but so long as the thread stays pointed at the traditional aspects it's all good.

There will be many threads that blur the line I'm sure... I mean, there are now... And really, we've been letting all of those blurred line threads stay. Now, we are going to be looking at them and making judgements. Some folks won't like those judgements.

I plan to get yelled at quite a bit. Part of the job I guess. But tomorrow, the sun will rise and then the sun will set. I don't wanna get much more complicated than that.

27. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Just what I was hoping you'd say. Great news.

28. I find myself sometimes resistant to change, after all, I like TRADITION. But, the place you've created here is amazing, so I have no reason to doubt that whatever changes you have in mind will be equally awesome.

Not to mention, it's your garage so it's your rules. I'm just happy that you let me hang out here.

Tease us some more, man!

29. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I need more shift knobs. :)

30. Jay Tyrrell

Jay Tyrrell

All good Ryan! Appreciate all that you do man.
    Jay

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.